What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 RLWC - SF2 - TON 18-20 ENG @ Auckland

Semi Final Result: TON v ENG

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LeedsStorm

Juniors
Yep. Even the fact that there are so many different opinions in here means that it is surely worth a look.

England were lucky though. Nearly got rolled by a team whose starting hooker and halfback can't even nail down an NRL position.

So much for overrated nrl players.

Isn't superleague supposed to be worse than Queensland cup? Largely superleague just side made the world cup final.

English Rose

Juniors
Tonga won. One of the worst calls in the history of the game to not even send that upstairs. That call just ruined the whole World Cup tournament.

This will happen in a gf soon and that's when a lot of people will walk away from the game. Sad, sad...

Tonga won? Pretty sure I have just seen an advertisement for Australia v England in the World Cup final next week :thinking:

taste2taste

Juniors
It is so embarrassing for our sport that on the biggest stage its the ref who f£&ks things up and cost a team the win.

Hers a tweet from
Jon Wilkin
Former England international on BBC One

I'm a bit surprised with the decision from the referee to not go upstairs for the video referee for the try he didn't give. It was a huge decision and, for me, it would have been a try in Super League.

So, even england think it was a try.

I won't be watching the final.

I hope the Roos win by 30+

fourplay

Juniors
Learn the rules of 2017 brother!

It’s deemed a loose carry if the defending player hasn’t got eyes for the ball, he never had eyes for the ball and also look at it again, he got the arm not ball!

You learn the rules, it doesn't matter if it's a loose carry if the English hand dislodges and then propels the ball towards his own goal line, it's simply play on.

English Rose

Juniors
It was a knock on, he should have checked it but would have been the same result.

If we are being really petty the 1st Tongan try looked short but you don't see us Poms moaning about it!

Tommy Smith

Referee
Just to clear something up for people: it can still be a knock on even when the defender makes contact with the ball.

Unless you think whenever the ball is lost via a defensive hit it should be ruled a 'strip'?

Whitehead's effort caused the knock on. But it's still a knock on! The onus must always be on the ball carrier during such incidental contact and the only time that hasn't been the case was if your name was Burgess in 2014.

fourplay

Juniors
Just to clear something up for people: it can still be a knock on even when the defender makes contact with the ball.

Unless you think whenever the ball is lost via a defensive hit it should be ruled a 'strip'?

Whitehead's effort caused the knock on. But it's still a knock on! The onus must always be on the ball carrier during such incidental contact and the only time that hasn't been the case was if your name was Burgess in 2014.

Just to further clear something up for people, it can only be a knock on if the player carrying the ball propels the ball towards the opposition goal line. In this case it was propelled by the defending player towards his own goal line.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
It is so embarrassing for our sport that on the biggest stage its the ref who f£&ks things up and cost a team the win.

Hers a tweet from
Jon Wilkin
Former England international on BBC One

I'm a bit surprised with the decision from the referee to not go upstairs for the video referee for the try he didn't give. It was a huge decision and, for me, it would have been a try in Super League.

So, even england think it was a try.

I won't be watching the final.

I hope the Roos win by 30+

Yup. One person speaks for the whole of England. Pity he's wrong.

Lewish33

Juniors
Just to further clear something up for people, it can only be a knock on if the player carrying the ball propels the ball towards the opposition goal line. In this case it was propelled by the defending player towards his own goal line.
But came off Fifitas hand last and went towards the opposition line. Knock on

Golden point

Juniors

Except when you're cheering for a team in the dieing seconds lol

Raiderdave

First Grade
The fact you are dumb enough to think a professional league player just coincidentally made direct contact with the ball is your business.

He was clearly beaten for pace and had no chance of making a tackle, so lunges for the ball as Fifita is about to get away from him.

I suppose next you’ll say that when a tackler’s knee knocks the ball out in the ruck it’s an accident too

hahahahahaha
cool story
he lunges at the ball carrier , the arm carrying the ball is where he makes contact
it comes free
thats a knock on

learn something about our game before commenting on it , because its obvious you know very little : )

Danish

Referee

The “defensive hit” was literally an open hand slapping at the ball. This wasn’t some jarring hit knocking the ball loose.

Raiderdave

First Grade
That's exactly what is happening.

Just like when people tried to argue that Robert Lui didn't knock on for the Cowboys when they almost snatched it in the last minute of that epic 31-30 defeat to the Roosters in the 2014 finals.

Was a clear knock on but you had Wally Lewis screaming blue murder that it wasn't.

Emotion clouding peoples judgement.

That was a loose carry and knock on by Fifita every day of the week and if it ever gets consistently ruled otherwise then the game is f**ked.

yeah
some people are trolling
some are serious which is a worry , there are people that have absolutely no idea about the game

Latest posts