What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Parramatta Eels Jersey

axe&smash&crush

Juniors
Dont like it,

Was this the jersey design we wore when we won all those wonderful wooden spoons and were a laughing stock? (Ps i know we were one game from gf in the 1960s)

We tried the retro 70/80 design, that didnt work, we tried the retro 1986 jersey design, that didnt work, third time lucky hey!

hybrideel

Bench
I don't have a problem with them fitting, i have an issue with length cause i'm also tall. Fat and Tall.
I feel your pain Korny. The jerseys are short as is but when the gut pushes it out a bit you can't afford to raise your arms above shoulder height

Haynzy

First Grade
I think they’ll look great on the players but perhaps not so flattering to the more portly members of our fan base.

T.S Quint

Coach
I feel your pain Korny. The jerseys are short as is but when the gut pushes it out a bit you can't afford to raise your arms above shoulder height

That's ok. We can celebrate and cheer without raising our arms, can't we?

Ah, who am I kidding. This is Parra. When do we ever get to cheer!

forward pass

Coach
It has already been explained that ALAND insisted on the yellow colouring for the jersey as that is the corporate logo colour. If for example, they were sponsoring Saints, it would still be a large yellow panel on the red and white.

Not many reputable companies are going to let their logo be displayed in different corporate colours. That is the their brand and they have every right to ensure it is used correctly. I have no issue with that. Very rarely does the sponsor integrate well with a jersey - except where the logo is simple white.

TheRam

Coach
These jerseys are a shocker. Having an all horizontal line design is fraught with danger for so many body shapes at the best of time, but add that logo abomination in the mix and we have a winner of worst design jersey in the NRL.

Period!

P.s. We here did a mock up design of what I and many others here thought was the best design ever of a Parra jersey. I think it was in the Perth expansion NRL team forum. It was modeled on the Perth Pirates jersey with a big fat V design. I don't know how to find old forum stuff from over 5 years ago. But if someone knows how to create a blue and gold jersey with a big fat V on it and hoop ring at the bottom of the sleeve and around the collar, it would be great to compare. Cheers.

woddy

Juniors

I feel this is going to be my problem soon as well, I'll get 2 jerseys and cut as much from the bottom as needed and add it to the other. Hopeful it wont stand out as much as my guts.

Bazal

Post Whore
Christ either some of the whingers in here are literally the size of a Toyota Tarago, or just love a good sook.

I wear medium T-Shirts. A small NRL jersey is too big for me. I have a large that I was given as a gift when I was a bit bigger and wore large T-shirts and the thing looks like an adults jersey on a four year old when I put it on.....

chiefy1

Juniors
It has been scientifically proven - horizontal stripes DO NOT emphasis the midriff.

clothes-horizontal-stripes-make-you-look-fat.jpg

Last edited:
It has already been explained that ALAND insisted on the yellow colouring for the jersey as that is the corporate logo colour. If for example, they were sponsoring Saints, it would still be a large yellow panel on the red and white.

Not many reputable companies are going to let their logo be displayed in different corporate colours. That is the their brand and they have every right to ensure it is used correctly. I have no issue with that. Very rarely does the sponsor integrate well with a jersey - except where the logo is simple white.
Then why is the box white around Aland on the away jersey?

parrawentyfan

Juniors

They had a perfect opportunity to have a yellow background - On our yellow jersey.

It could have been easily integrated on the blue jersey too as per the announcement above.

I like the jerseys but the sponsorship ruins it. Will probably get a lame best & less one without the sponsor or stick to previous seasons.