What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Triple J To Change The Hottest 100 Date

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
ABC youth radio station Triple J has announced the Hottest 100 will no longer be held on Australia Day.
By
Chloe Sargeant

1 HOUR AGO UPDATED 7 MINS AGO

ABC's popular youth radio station Triple J has made a surprise announcement: it will no longer broadcast its influential Hottest 100 poll on January 26.

In 2018, the Hottest 100 will be held on Saturday 27th of January. The station also confirmed it would become a two-day event in 2018, with the songs polling at 101 - 200 playing on Sunday the 28th.

The radio station announced the move via social media on Monday.

Full story: http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/11/27/triple-j-change-date-hottest-100-Australia-Day

What a crock of shit! The precious minority raises its ugly head again.

Such a lame reason. Can we piss off Christmas Day and Easter as well for us minority atheists?

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
personally i think moving it will make zero difference, but the fact it hasn't always been on Australia day means it shouldn't really be that big of a deal.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
personally i think moving it will make zero difference, but the fact it hasn't always been on Australia day means it shouldn't really be that big of a deal.
You are correct. There was a time when the Hottest 100 coincided with Sydney's BDO.

That was a pain in the arse looking up at a screen every few minutes to see what song came in next.

But then again, the Hottest 100 has been crap for over ten years.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
You are correct. There was a time when the Hottest 100 coincided with Sydney's BDO.

That was a pain in the arse looking up at a screen every few minutes to see what song came in next.

But then again, the Hottest 100 has been crap for over ten years.
I still vote in 100 but none of my songs get higher than the 40's. Not much of a dance music or lo-fi shit folk pop fan.

Shorty

Staff member
Plus it's on a Saturday now right? I always hated the fact that you usually have to work the next day.

Mong

Post Whore
Polled the audience and stakeholders, made the change, no big deal.

Mong

Post Whore
ABC youth radio station Triple J has announced the Hottest 100 will no longer be held on Australia Day.
By
Chloe Sargeant

1 HOUR AGO UPDATED 7 MINS AGO

ABC's popular youth radio station Triple J has made a surprise announcement: it will no longer broadcast its influential Hottest 100 poll on January 26.

In 2018, the Hottest 100 will be held on Saturday 27th of January. The station also confirmed it would become a two-day event in 2018, with the songs polling at 101 - 200 playing on Sunday the 28th.

The radio station announced the move via social media on Monday.

Full story: http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/11/27/triple-j-change-date-hottest-100-Australia-Day

What a crock of shit! The precious minority raises its ugly head again.

Such a lame reason. Can we piss off Christmas Day and Easter as well for us minority atheists?

WTF?

It's a song countdown..

Over reaction much?

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
WTF?

It's a song countdown..

Over reaction much?
Unless you are referring to the piss poor purpose for the date change, the following will apply.

Don't read much hey?

Research "Invasion Day" and "Survivor Day" with reference to the change from Australia Day to another date for the Hottest 100.

May as well change the Hottest 100 to June 15 next year to shit stir another minority in this country. Six months down the track, nobody would remember any quality music from 2017.

Because there wasn't any....

Mong

Post Whore
Unless you are referring to the piss poor purpose for the date change, the following will apply.

Don't read much hey?

Research "Invasion Day" and "Survivor Day" with reference to the change from Australia Day to another date for the Hottest 100.

May as well change the Hottest 100 to June 15 next year to shit stir another minority in this country. Six months down the track, nobody would remember any quality music from 2017.

Because there wasn't any....

They make a good point that it actually depoliticises the day. It will be talked about this year sure, but in coming years it won't.

If they don't change it then it continues to be spoken about when it's supposed to be about the music.

Nothing to be outraged about here.

Mong

Post Whore
Have you seen Triple J's fb page? There's loads of crying it's quite entertaining.

I'm sure plenty are outraged.. Little happens now days that doesn't have different folk outraged whinging online.

Music fans will get over it quick enough though when it not being on Australia Day is the norm.

Mong

Post Whore
Lolz

"They shouldn't mess with Australia Day"

I hope they tell him to f**k off.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
It's only for 2018 any way.
The change of date or the date that's been nominated?

The latter, sure, cause they want it on the last weekend of January so the date will invariably change with the calendar.

The former though? nah, this is their line in the sand unless they are forcibly told to change it back by the government. Not sure I'd be overly comfortable with that though, don't think the government should be involving themselves in something like this.

Last edited:

Mong

Post Whore
Seems they can't be forced to do that.

It will fall on the Australia Day week end for a few years still. I thought the 4th weekend in Jan is the permanent spot now.