What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aietken bench strike player

Life's Good

Coach
Yeah ,Craig Wing was 110kls.
He was a real flop as a bench player.
G.WING one the best impact players of his generation. He weighed 85kls .
He did for NEW at Origin level.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Wing was a great player. His Origin spot was hooker/half though(as was his club spot for the majority of time)which comes back to the point about undersized players being pushed into playing as a back up forward. Jake Marketo was 97kgs and couldn’t cut it as a forward. Aitken is 92kgs & has never played in the forwards.

BBTB

Juniors
Wing was a great player. His Origin spot was hooker/half though(as was his club spot for the majority of time)which comes back to the point about undersized players being pushed into playing as a back up forward. Jake Marketo was 97kgs and couldn’t cut it as a forward. Aitken is 92kgs & has never played in the forwards.
Yes he has played all his Jr football at Lock..McGregor changed him to centre.

BBTB

Juniors
Jake Marketo was a park footballer at best..& it wouldn't have made a difference how much he weighed..

BBTB

Juniors
So Aitken wold be a light forward that can’t pass. What ‘impact’ would he make off bench. Enlighten me.
I've already stated how it would work in previous comments.
If u don't know how Craig Wing played for NSW .Well I not going to explain it.
All Aitken does is run the ball.
Taking advantage of tied forwards .There's no reason to pass,If it's timed right he comes on at Lock..10mins from halftime,explodes thru the centre of the ruck area.Try time..
Same goes for 10mins before fulltime..I think his running style & strength would suit this type of play.
But alas McGregor thinks Aitken is a star centre ,so I think it'll never happen.

Life's Good

Coach
Taking advantage of tied forwards .There's no reason to pass,If it's timed right he comes on at Lock..10mins from halftime,explodes thru the centre of the ruck area.Try time..
Same goes for 10mins before fulltime..I think his running style & strength would suit this type of play.
But alas McGregor thinks Aitken is a star centre ,so I think it'll never happen.
You keep coming back to Craig Wing who played SOO years ago in teams including Johns, Fittler & Buderus.
We aren’t that team and Aitken isn’t a Craig Wing.
Anyway, you’re entitled to your opinion as I am mine.
Nice of you to not insult me this time though.

BBTB

Juniors
You keep coming back to Craig Wing who played SOO years ago in teams including Johns, Fittler & Buderus.
I didn't say he was C.Wing,I said
The only reference to Craig Wing was his weight & his playing style.
So get your facts right .
So put your head into action before you get your big mouth into gear..

BennyV

Referee
Aitken wouldnt be able to tie Wing's laces.
Wing had ballskills, instinct and evasiveness that Aitken could only dream of. He had acceleration and change of direction. Styles are completely different. The only thing they share as an attribute is strength, but that is far from enough to justify blowing 3 interchanges in 8 just so Aitken can take a few hit ups that could easily be taken by a player with the ability to pass the ball from hooker. And as a backrower (middle or edge) he has many, many players ahead of him.

Silly suggestion.

Life's Good

Coach
I didn't say he was C.Wing,I said

The only reference to Craig Wing was his weight & his playing style.
So get your facts right .
So put your head into action before you get your big mouth into gear..

Big mouth. It’s a forum where you type in replies, they aren’t spoken you peanut.

Anyway, Vas/Ruby/Ouryear/Sigurd it’s been amusing.

Life's Good

Coach
Aitken wouldnt be able to tie Wing's laces.
Wing had ballskills, instinct and evasiveness that Aitken could only dream of. He had acceleration and change of direction. Styles are completely different. The only thing they share as an attribute is strength, but that is far from enough to justify blowing 3 interchanges in 8 just so Aitken can take a few hit ups that could easily be taken by a player with the ability to pass the ball from hooker. And as a backrower (middle or edge) he has many, many players ahead of him.

Silly suggestion.

Careful there mate. BBTB doesn’t like alternate opinions.