What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Top 4 Bound in 2018!

JDHD

Juniors
ap_090911089838_sq-3271237f28995f6530d9634ff27228cae88e3440-s900-c85.jpg

Why do you do these things, man?

Belta

Juniors
Gareth67 said; "...the Dragons could very well finish higher up on the ladder than most people think."

Let's pray the boys will have just a little extra motivation, after rising to the top and then throwing all the hard work down the drain. I'm hoping the pain of losing in particular the round 26 game to the dogs (as spoken about by JDB) and subsequently missing the eight burns long beyond the preseason and the boys do that bit extra, and Graham will only help imo in this area to raise the bar. Do this, bring the attitude and they may well surprise us all. I certainly believe they are capable

Gareth67

First Grade
Gareth67 said; "...the Dragons could very well finish higher up on the ladder than most people think."

Let's pray the boys will have just a little extra motivation, after rising to the top and then throwing all the hard work down the drain. I'm hoping the pain of losing in particular the round 26 game to the dogs (as spoken about by JDB) and subsequently missing the eight burns long beyond the preseason and the boys do that bit extra, and Graham will only help imo in this area to raise the bar. Do this, bring the attitude and they may well surprise us all. I certainly believe they are capable

Yes Belta , totally hope that will be the case . As you have said , they have the motivation and with Graham kicking any lazy arse's in the pack , we should at the very least go that one step further in 2018 .

Gareth67

First Grade
But fellas - with Aitken, Nighty & Nene in Wonderland, we have the worst attack in the NRL??

LINESPEED , Without spliting hairs , but in season 2017 , as disappointing as the end was , the Dragons were the fourth best in attack and sixth best in defence .

Hunt and a newborn Widdop should ignite the backline and if any of the gentlemen that you mentioned are found wonting , then they should be replaced with the younger brigade of Duffy , Lomax etc. Of course that will yet again depend upon our coach dropping players who just are not performing .

Last edited:

Frank Facer

First Grade
I think our only chance of making the top 4 is if Lomax is given first crack at Aikten's centre position and a young winger such as Matherson Johns, Herbert or Garrick given Nightingale's wing spot. Then we would need the likes of Lomax, Dufty and who ever replaces Nightingale to be success stories of 2018.

I don't think it will happen. I expect a backline of

1 Dufty
2 Nightingale
3 Aikten
4 Lafai
5 McDonald
6 Widdop
7 Hunt.

With that backline I still think we should make the top 8, but not the top 4.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Top four, huh?

Not with the individuals filling the jumpers 1-4 and 9.

This is just a template, fluff piece article which reaffirms why the DT should never be taken seriously.
Are you another drag queen clone young dufty made very few mistakes and his positioning got better every game .so where is your criticism .can't tackle ,high balls ,has a big head please enlighten me . obviously I can't see what the drag queen and his cohorts see.and for a young hooker having his first full season our 9 acquitted himself very well yes he should run more .(perhaps Supercoaches instructions)....

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
Are you another drag queen clone young dufty made very few mistakes and his positioning got better every game .so where is your criticism .can't tackle ,high balls ,has a big head please enlighten me . obviously I can't see what the drag queen and his cohorts see.and for a young hooker having his first full season our 9 acquitted himself very well yes he should run more .(perhaps Supercoaches instructions)....
Nice Rant overseas dragon! A little hard to read/comprehend but love the passion!
On Dufty, I think we are all hoping he is the next Ben Barba but surely you understand peoples hesitancy? He is pretty small and only young.
I reckon he will make it but dont begrudge Drag Queen for having her doubts.
Cheers.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Nice Rant overseas dragon! A little hard to read/comprehend but love the passion!
On Dufty, I think we are all hoping he is the next Ben Barba but surely you understand peoples hesitancy? He is pretty small and only young.
I reckon he will make it but dont begrudge Drag Queen for having her doubts.
Cheers.
Point taken crush I have my doubts also but drag has been on duftys case since April . started with he's got a big head ,drag obviously has a personal reason for his dislike of the boy and it has nothing to do with size or ability in my opinion.yes my English when I'm passionate tends to wander of course mate

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

A Drag Queen clone? No, not even close. If you had bothered to notice, there are a few 'forum-sters' who are also concerned by Dufty's 'Quinlan like' characteristics.

These include his proclivity to pass first, run later when fielding kicks from the opposition. His lack of height/weight and front on defence are other areas of concern.

As for McIness, I simply don't rate him....he was released by Souths so they could acquire a hooker well past his best after all.

Is that ok with you? Please "enlighten" me because I relish justifying my thoughts to folk who don't know me personally.

Latest posts