What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Ashes Test: Australia v England at Adelaide, Dec 2-6 2017

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
We are an average test side but poms are considerably worse.

Spanking them in the end with Smith hardly contributing and stuffing up with the drs.

Pretty average batting I would say but above average bowling.

This is the best bowling attack we have had for some time.

vvvrulz

Coach
Pretty average batting I would say but above average bowling.

This is the best bowling attack we have had for some time.

You're short a 5th bowler who can get through a few tidy overs to give the fast men a rest.

Fatigue could be what breaks the attack.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Aussies may be average in some areas at the moment but even their average areas there's no doubt some talent behind it (Marsh, Khawaja, Hanscombe etc) that just haven't performed at the level hoped consistently enough.

On England there's a few guys that you struggle to even see the talent behind the average results, especially the batting order.

There's no doubting England's heart and desire. They're just getting done by a level of skill that is above them.

blaza88z

Coach
You're short a 5th bowler who can get through a few tidy overs to give the fast men a rest.

As long as Lyon is bowling as well as he is, I don't think there's an issue, we can easily rotate our 3 quicks whilst Lyon creates all sorts of pressure with his accurate bowling

gordsy

Juniors

Fatigue is only a factor because Smith refuses to bowl himself. To be fair though if our bowlers had a plan better than a few overs of bowling tight followed by a heap of short shit and hoping for a dumb mistake / miracle ball we'd probably have less fatigue

vvvrulz

Coach
Well apparently Mitch Marsh to the rescue.

Oh great you're sorted...

Re: Lyon - that's assuming he's not having a bad day, but if they start getting on top of him then you've got a spinner leaking runs and at least two tired fast men.

Re: Smith - why isn't he bowling a few himself?

Eelectrica

Referee
Honestly, I thought our bowlers were not threatening yesterday, and England would romp home.

How wrong was I.
Yesterday their heads were scrambled. No doubt.
Guess they must have a good nights sleep, and came up with a plan. Didn't get to watch it, but it seems England were dispatched with the ruthless efficiency we expect of this bowling attack.
Guess that's the beauty of test cricket, they can have a bad day and make amends the next. Its made for some good viewing though I think.