What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: West Indies tour of New Zealand at Hamilton, Dec 9-13 2017

Meth

Staff member
Sunil Ambris. Really? 2nd time in first 3 test innings he is out hit wicket stepping on his stumps. Chief, little bit of advice. Take guard a foot further up and it won't happen again.

Bowlers get a hard time for overstepping with their front foot and fair enough. This is ridiculous. One is embarrassing. Two, in succession, is a serious technical issue for an international batsmen.

Meth

Staff member
WI innings wrapped up with the lead 152. NZ will be looking to bat all day (obviously) and a little bit of tomorrow? What total is enough?

Meth

Staff member
Williamson needs a score here. I know his numbers look pretty good, but he really needs to leave behind the conversation about whether he is 3rd of 4th and start putting some heat on Smith and Kohli again. He's capable. He's coming out to bat now in the sort of situation where Smith has proven his mettle again and again. Let's see him be there at stumps today.

Meth

Staff member
Pretty marginal LBW call there- just enough for it to stick with the onfield decision. Latham gone.

Meth

Staff member
Williamson on 27

Taylor on 3

Commentators already talking about them scoring centuries

Meth

Staff member
Williamson gone. A beauty; swinging yorker from Cummins. WI are not quite level, but a couple of quick wickets and they will be in with a chance.

Das Gupta

Juniors

Iafeta

Referee
So.... tell me again why Nicholls gets an unabated run at #5? Surely we can do better. Now that we are over our unconventional strokemaker phobia thanks to CDG, can we give Munro a go?

Meth

Staff member
So.... tell me again why Nicholls gets an unabated run at #5? Surely we can do better. Now that we are over our unconventional strokemaker phobia thanks to CDG, can we give Munro a go?

I don't know if Munro is the answer, but Nicholl isn't.

Cummins is bowling a great spell here. Taylor and Santner need to survive it.

Meth

Staff member
No bloody idea why they are bowling Braithwaite right now. Put Gabriel on at that end.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
So will Niccolls still be in the team next test?

Options include:
Tom Bruce;
Colin Munro;
Watling as a batsman;
Latham to 5 and Worker opens.

All better options in my opinion and based on a NZC no Jesse policy. I like the Worker option the least despite thinking Latham would go better in the middle.