What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To Marsh or not to Marsh?

Showtime

Juniors
Ummmmmm no.

They want an extra bowler....even New Zealand scored big runs against us on this pitch. Mix that with our obsession to find the next Kallis and you get the Marsh selection.

I don't agree with it but they're so worried about injuries to the fast bowlers.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
They want an extra bowler....even New Zealand scored big runs against us on this pitch. Mix that with our obsession to find the next Kallis and you get the Marsh selection.

I don't agree with it but they're so worried about injuries to the fast bowlers.

I doubt that if you ask many fans who has the potential to be the next 'Kallis' many would answer with Marsh.

Marsh still hasn't proven he's even good enough to potentially be the next 'Watson'.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

They want an extra bowler but he’s batting in the top 6. He’s not good enough to bat there, if we had a Gilly and could carry him at 7 fine but otherwise at least pick someone good enough to hold down their spot as a batsman first. Cummins and Starc will score more runs than the useless plank.

Showtime

Juniors
They want an extra bowler but he’s batting in the top 6. He’s not good enough to bat there, if we had a Gilly and could carry him at 7 fine but otherwise at least pick someone good enough to hold down their spot as a batsman first. Cummins and Starc will score more runs than the useless plank.

I don't disagree with you I can just see where they're coming from and they obviously love him. The fact that someone averaging 21 is getting picked in the top 7 is a sad indictment on Australian cricket.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I don't disagree with you I can just see where they're coming from and they obviously love him. The fact that someone averaging 21 is getting picked in the top 7 is a sad indictment on Australian cricket.
I would rather Maxderp or Head. Their bowling is as Likely to get a wicket and they are at least batting well enough.

Blade23

Juniors
I see Marsh as a bowling all-rounder nothing more. When push comes to shove he is not good enough to bat in the top 6 at test level.
If he cashes in this week it will because of a road of a pitch or the poms bowlers struggling with their line and length or worn down by the time he comes to bat.

Showtime

Juniors
I would rather Maxderp or Head. Their bowling is as Likely to get a wicket and they are at least batting well enough.

I feel for Ferguson.... he played 1 game on a green wicket against a quality attack and ran himself out in the first innings and found himself out of the team.

Incorrect

Coach
I feel for Ferguson.... he played 1 game on a green wicket against a quality attack and ran himself out in the first innings and found himself out of the team.
Feel as almost as sorry for his brother who flew all the from London to Hobart to watch him run himself out for 1 didn't he?? LOL

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yep he was treated very poorly, everyone deserves at least 2 tests IMO. He was picked for a reason at least give him a chance.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Feel as almost as sorry for his brother who flew all the from London to Hobart to watch him run himself out for 1 didn't he?? LOL
Pretty sure as the poor bastard walked into the ground to take his seat he saw him get run out. And he blew up deluxe LOL!!

TheParraboy

Staff member

is

PJ

First Grade
I see Marsh as a bowling all-rounder nothing more. When push comes to shove he is not good enough to bat in the top 6 at test level.
If he cashes in this week it will because of a road of a pitch or the poms bowlers struggling with their line and length or worn down by the time he comes to bat.

Well that is a sad endictment as the plodder has an average of less than 1 wicket per test across his career to go with his worst batting average at 6 of any player over ?? Tests.

lockyno1

Post Whore

An extra spinner in Perth?

Are you nuts?

How about we just play 6 bats. Wilder mouth looks the best AR anyway

hineyrulz

Post Whore
An extra spinner in Perth?

Are you nuts?

How about we just play 6 bats. Wilder mouth looks the best AR anyway
My point was you cretin that their bowling will probably be just as handy as the pies Marsh will offer up. And we both know that they will be able to score more runs.

And Wilderwho??? Another Plodding QLDer??

Blade23

Juniors
Well that is a sad endictment as the plodder has an average of less than 1 wicket per test across his career to go with his worst batting average at 6 of any player over ?? Tests.

Which firms in my mind that he is not a test player.

lockyno1

Post Whore
My point was you cretin that their bowling will probably be just as handy as the pies Marsh will offer up. And we both know that they will be able to score more runs.

And Wilderwho??? Another Plodding QLDer??

Why can’t we just play 6 bats and Smith the useless one could bowl a bit for a change!

TheParraboy

Staff member

Nic Maddinson averages 6.75 from 3 tests

Showtime

Juniors
Remember when guys Martin Love, Brad Hodge, Jimmy Maher, Stuart Law, Michael Bevan and Matt Elliott couldn't get game despite scoring ridiculous amounts of runs.... they must just shake their heads at the guys getting a game. Martin Love was almost technically perfect and he would have to sit back and watch Handscomb bat at 5.

Latest posts