What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Ashes

Crush

Coach
And on that note... The myth known as Mitchell Marsh is back.

3-2 England series win coming?
The fact that Mitch Marsh gets a look ahead of Maxwell is deplorable. It won't matter anyway as its just 12th man but still its a joke that they would pick mitch ahead of MAXY.
They will use excuses such as Perth is a bouncy wicket so they are going with the extra pace buts that is all just BS.
They picked Mitch because they like him as a person and left Maxwell out because they don't.

Crush

Coach
So with Mitch Marsh likely to get the nod over Handscome does that mean that Marsh plays the rest of the series now and Handscome is gone? Geez its tough being an aussie batsman. Poor bloke fails in 2 tests and he's hooked. And he's failed under difficult batting conditions. Watch Mitch now come in on a road in Perth where everyone makes bucket loads of runs. And its his home pitch.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
So with Mitch Marsh likely to get the nod over Handscome does that mean that Marsh plays the rest of the series now and Handscome is gone? Geez its tough being an aussie batsman. Poor bloke fails in 2 tests and he's hooked. And he's failed under difficult batting conditions. Watch Mitch now come in on a road in Perth where everyone makes bucket loads of runs. And its his home pitch.

Ask Callum Ferguson what it's like trying to make a good impression under difficult conditions; he only received a single opportunity in Hobart last year.

Handscomb's deficiencies were ALWAYS going to let him down. He shouldn't have been picked in the first place.

Since THAT Test at Bellerive Oval:

Handscomb...dropped.

Renshaw....dropped.

Maddinson....dropped.

Wade....dropped.

It makes a mockery of the selectors' alleged desire of shaking things up.

Crush

Coach
As predicted Mitch makes a mountain of runs on this road and Handscomb summer is over. Cruel that Pete had to bat against a swinging ball in Adelaide and Brissy, he probably would have liked to bat on the flat waca. Anyway, thats cricket, you have to take your chances and the Marsh boys have both taken theirs. Good luck to them, I hope it continues.

Old Timer

Coach
Let's be brutally honest about the Marsh boys innings in Perth
Sean looked ordinary when he came in and didn't deliver on an absolute road getting out to a nothing ball with a nothing shot.
Mitch did achieve a high score with some great passages in the innings but if the poms had any athleticism (ala Starc, Halewood, Lyons) he would have been out caught and bowled very early on plus he had 3 French cuts (beaten for pace by an ordinary bowling outfit) that could have easily been chopped onto the stumps and been gone for not many.
The Ch 9 commentators couldn't be any further up their collective arses and are anything but objective in their assessment of them.
Handscombe certainly out of form but dead set unlucky not to get a run this test.
The question to be asked now is how many ordinary innings' are the Marsh boys allowed before the axe would be wielded?

Drag Queen

Bench
Let's be brutally honest about the Marsh boys innings in Perth
Sean looked ordinary when he came in and didn't deliver on an absolute road getting out to a nothing ball with a nothing shot.
Mitch did achieve a high score with some great passages in the innings but if the poms had any athleticism (ala Starc, Halewood, Lyons) he would have been out caught and bowled very early on plus he had 3 French cuts (beaten for pace by an ordinary bowling outfit) that could have easily been chopped onto the stumps and been gone for not many.
The Ch 9 commentators couldn't be any further up their collective arses and are anything but objective in their assessment of them.
Handscombe certainly out of form but dead set unlucky not to get a run this test.
The question to be asked now is how many ordinary innings' are the Marsh boys allowed before the axe would be wielded?
My husband has the same beef with the Ch 9 commentators OT. He either tunes into Triple M or the ABC on the radio. Also 6-7 seconds ahead of the tele.

SEAT 1A

Bench
My husband has the same beef with the Ch 9 commentators OT. He either tunes into Triple M or the ABC on the radio. Also 6-7 seconds ahead of the tele.

There is a lack of cricket commentators. On ABC, can't stand Dirk Nannas, Chris Rogers and Whateley is a AFL commentator. As soon as they come on I switch to 9 which are not to much better.

First to have a crack at the English but I don't think Nannas played a test. Rogers was all over Roots dismissal playing a lose shot before getting in it went off Paynes gloves and gone anywhere, nice catch by Smith though.

Alison Mitchell asked Rogers about what's the dressing room was like, how many batters were ready to go when Broad was on fire in England. Rogers spend about five seconds on it, advised he had no idea, he was taking them off, couldn't be bothered to give some insight.

Alison Mitchell, Johnathan Agnew, Jim Maxwell and the Kat are all excellent and bring back Kerry O'Keeffe.

Old Timer

Coach
Sage advice I might actually just listen to the radio as I can't stand looking at their heads anyway.
Chappelli, Taylor, Nicholas all very good the rest just horrendous.

Crush

Coach
Sage advice I might actually just listen to the radio as I can't stand looking at their heads anyway.
Chappelli, Taylor, Nicholas all very good the rest just horrendous.
Chappelli just spends the whole time reminiscing about the good old days!
I like Healy, Slats and Warnie!

Drag Queen

Bench
There is a lack of cricket commentators. On ABC, can't stand Dirk Nannas, Chris Rogers and Whateley is a AFL commentator. As soon as they come on I switch to 9 which are not to much better.

First to have a crack at the English but I don't think Nannas played a test. Rogers was all over Roots dismissal playing a lose shot before getting in it went off Paynes gloves and gone anywhere, nice catch by Smith though.

Alison Mitchell asked Rogers about what's the dressing room was like, how many batters were ready to go when Broad was on fire in England. Rogers spend about five seconds on it, advised he had no idea, he was taking them off, couldn't be bothered to give some insight.

Alison Mitchell, Johnathan Agnew, Jim Maxwell and the Kat are all excellent and bring back Kerry O'Keeffe.
I heard Kerry O'Keefe on my way back from Sydney. His sense of humour and laugh had me in stitches. Can't beat it.

Old Timer

Coach
Chappelli just spends the whole time reminiscing about the good old days!
I like Healy, Slats and Warnie!
Your welcome to them and I'll even throw in Pietersen for nothing.
Chappelli has forgotten more about cricket than the others would know combined.

Crush

Coach
Your welcome to them and I'll even throw in Pietersen for nothing.
Chappelli has forgotten more about cricket than the others would know combined.
Yeah OK OLD TIMER, Warnie, Slater, Healy and KP don't know as much about cricket as Chapell. Sure thing mate. Warnie was a pretty handy part time spinner though wasn't he? Got a few wickets......

Crush

Coach
Barmy Army! Barmy Army! Barmy Army!
I want to win this 5 nil and lose all 5 tosses now to show just how big the gap is between these teams. When playing in Australia of course. If we play abroad we are hopeless......

Old Timer

Coach
Yeah OK OLD TIMER, Warnie, Slater, Healy and KP don't know as much about cricket as Chapell. Sure thing mate. Warnie was a pretty handy part time spinner though wasn't he? Got a few wickets......
You are confusing ability to play the game with knowledge about the game.
Warne is always on Smith's case re captaincy and continually plays the part of the person "who should have been captain" well he f**ked up big time and never was the captain, so shut up complaining about Smith, who by all accounts is doing a pretty fantastic job. The great Keith Miller also suffered from the same issue (jealousy over the captaincy) when he was commentating cricket on the ABC.
Healy also offers to much criticism and has about many of our past captains and he should just stick to commentating what is in front of him.
Pietersen and Slater were gifted but flawed batsmen who had ego issues and now carry on like children giggle potting with Warne.
Chappell was the iconic captain who took a shit squad and turned into a ruthless cricket machine that dominated all before it at a time when men played the game with little regard for personal safety and with very little monetary reward even after Packer's circus came into being compared to many of the overpaid prima donnas of today.
Mark Taylor like Chappelli is also a cut above the wankers you like and the two of them still to this day exhibit all the hall marks of great captains and tacticians that got the best out of others.