What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which players will be swapped for Angus?

haha

Juniors
Can't see them releasing any young guns to get Anu$ a season early, they don't do stupid shit like that.

It will be someone they no longer want or need.
If anyone it'll be someone like Napa, Aubusson or Fingerson.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
First of all you have to talk to players that want to come to us,which I don't see falling over themselves at the moment for the privilege.
The Rorters have a squad that can get themselves a premiership,so why on earth would any of them want to jump ship for next year.
Politis doing us any favours,hate the prick and he hates us!

You will not get Latrell

Why not?

It's obvious you have no intention of playing him at fullback ever and there are better centres and wingers out there. If he comes to Souths he's playing in the number one for us by about midway through this year and will have the job going forward.

We'll take Mitchell and Manu off your hands and you can have Crichton in 2018. Sounds like a fair swap to me.

callmack1

Staff member
First of all you have to talk to players that want to come to us,which I don't see falling over themselves at the moment for the privilege.
The Rorters have a squad that can get themselves a premiership,so why on earth would any of them want to jump ship for next year.
Politis doing us any favours,hate the prick and he hates us!
Just because they have a stacked squad doesn't necessarily mean they are a happy camp.

Some players would be a bit upset about what others are being paid.

Also a player like Mitchell would love nothing more then to learn under GI.

Valheru

Coach
Why not?

It's obvious you have no intention of playing him at fullback ever and there are better centres and wingers out there. If he comes to Souths he's playing in the number one for us by about midway through this year and will have the job going forward.

We'll take Mitchell and Manu off your hands and you can have Crichton in 2018. Sounds like a fair swap to me.

Because we won't agree to release him

He will then re-sign with us when the time comes and play centre...

Because we won't agree to release him

He will then re-sign with us when the time comes and play centre...

I think you need Crichton more than you need Mitchell. Particularly if the rumors around Cordner are correct.

I guess you'd like to think that Richo doesn't know what he is doing and I'm sure you're probably correct but even blind Freddy could see that Mitchell for Crichton is a good fit for both teams and so I would expect that this is what is being asked for.

A lesser offer and we just keep Angus for the year

Valheru

Coach
I think you need Crichton more than you need Mitchell. Particularly if the rumors around Cordner are correct.

I guess you'd like to think that Richo doesn't know what he is doing and I'm sure you're probably correct but even blind Freddy could see that Mitchell for Crichton is a good fit for both teams and so I would expect that this is what is being asked for.

A lesser offer and we just keep Angus for the year

How on Earth is it good for both teams? We are thin in the backs as it is.

It may be what is being asked for but I would be stunned if it happens. I think Angus will stay at souths for the year.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
No way we give Latrell to Souths to get Angus a year earlier. We won't even part with Manu imo, i would think Fergo would be more a chance of going than those 2.

southsport

First Grade
How on Earth is it good for both teams? We are thin in the backs as it is.

It may be what is being asked for but I would be stunned if it happens. I think Angus will stay at souths for the year.

Not good to keep a disgruntled and potentially under-performing player in your team.

Last edited:

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Id take Mitchell, bit I can't see.it happening. To get him it's really now or never. South's have some power with releasing Gus to get compensated with other players. Do we have room in the squad for a 2 for 1 player swap? No one of value is worth 1-1, although Mitchell is the starting point

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Id take Mitchell, bit I can't see.it happening. To get him it's really now or never. South's have some power with releasing Gus to get compensated with other players. Do we have room in the squad for a 2 for 1 player swap? No one of value is worth 1-1, although Mitchell is the starting point
The power lies with the roosters over any possible swap. We have Angus confirmed for 2019 and are strong in the back row. He would further strengthen but wouldn't be a season make or break addition in 2018.

Mitchell is under contract and is our starting centre and with skinny depth in the backs we be silly to let him go.

Latest posts