What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

axl rose

Bench
Bright was surprisingly decent considering "critics" trashed the sh*t out of it.

Yeah I thought it was fine. There's an obvious agenda from these 'expert critics' against straight to Netflix movies (and I'm not saying there isn't some trash either)

Colossal. If you like something a bit different. 8/10

He is another of a long line of US non-funny comedians were only the yanks can see the humour.

Id always put Will Ferrell no.1 in this category. Though people tell me Elf is good I just can't bring myself to watch it.

axl rose

Bench
Yeah I can’t say I’m surprised that a News Ltd reviewer gave it 1/5 and labeled it “the worst movie on Netflix”

Though he killed the NBN I just can't see Uncle Rupert winning this war. He's just lucky these companies haven't started sniffing around live sport, yet.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Coco

Not as fun as Moana, but a bloody good film, imo.

The mariachi music, and Mexican-infused culture, were fantastic, and the film's message is timeless.

GongPanther

Referee
Yeah I thought it was fine. There's an obvious agenda from these 'expert critics' against straight to Netflix movies (and I'm not saying there isn't some trash either)

Colossal. If you like something a bit different. 8/10

Id always put Will Ferrell no.1 in this category. Though people tell me Elf is good I just can't bring myself to watch it.

Will Ferrell is certainly another who I for what ever reason,can't see why he is regarded as "funny". The guy is simply an actor who is overly and annoyingly un-hilarious. In the US,maybe one has to have been on a three week crack and acid binge to get his humour.

Frederick

Staff member
Coco

Not as fun as Moana, but a bloody good film, imo.

The mariachi music, and Mexican-infused culture, were fantastic, and the film's message is timeless.
My eldest is obsessed with Moana at the moment (as in, watching it every single day obsessed). She's lucky that my wife and I both enjoy it too and haven't got sick of it...yet. I do know the words to every song off by heart haha

Eelementary

Post Whore
My eldest is obsessed with Moana at the moment (as in, watching it every single day obsessed). She's lucky that my wife and I both enjoy it too and haven't got sick of it...yet. I do know the words to every song off by heart haha

Lol haha!

I watched it three times at the cinema, then bought the DVD.

I really like the film - it's very funny, warm, and visually beautiful, and the message is just brilliant.

Coco, too, is a brilliant film, but I do prefer Moana.

vvvrulz

Coach
Will Ferrell is certainly another who I for what ever reason,can't see why he is regarded as "funny". The guy is simply an actor who is overly and annoyingly un-hilarious. In the US,maybe one has to have been on a three week crack and acid binge to get his humour.

Will Ferrell is a weird one. For some reason I actually find his shtick funny and even hilarious at times, but it is very much a polarising love-hate thing and I'm fully aware he's an easy guy to hate.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Watched the ‘Cabin Fever’ (early 2000s horror/comedy which gained a bit of a cult following) remake on Netflix. I know there’s been some stinkers but if there’s been a worse remake ever made I haven’t seen it.

1/10. Gets a 1 cause there’s 2 sex scenes but even they aren’t great

Wizardman

First Grade

Absolutely spot on....his movies are an absolute turn off for me. I may get the odd smirk moment from watching him....but overall I find his movies very crap.

axl rose

Bench
Lady Bird- Very standard coming of age story. It was so flat and unfunny. Enjoyed Edge of Seventeen much more.

You know all the tropes, such as: girl ditches her long-time best friend so she can get in with the “cool kids” only to eventually find that the cool kids are actually lame. Girl loses her virginity against mother’s advice and surprise, it’s horrible. Girl couldn’t wait to move to the glamorous and exciting big city, then misses home.

It's at 100% on RT and other review sites. Don't say I didn't warn ya.

3/10

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
Yup.... I know the feeling... :joy::joy:

It’s actually taken on a whole new life since we purchased the Maori language version last month... which was pretty cool as Temuera Morrison(Moanas Dad), Rachel House(Grandmother) & Jermaine Clement(Tamatoa) all came back and voiced the Maori version too... My kids who are all fluent Maori so absolutely love it!

shiznit

Coach
Had abit of a Harrison Ford day today.... I didn’t mean to but it kinda worked out that way... :joy::joy:

I watched Morning Glory this morning... hadn’t seen it before... I’m not a fan of rom com type movies at all but i gotta say i enjoyed this. I had never really thought about how breakfast TV was done so this was quite fresh for me... Ford was funny as the grumpy old bastard. I still can’t stop laughing at how he calls that dude Senor Dipshit... that’s that actors name from now on... :joy::joy:

Blade Runner 2049. Yeah wasn’t really a fan. I didn’t like the original so i wasn’t sure if I’d like this one. I didn’t. The biggest issue I had with the story was the child... was it a replicant??? Or was it half human?? Because I’m not sure if Deckard was replicant or not. Gosling was okay... he kinda suits playing a robot...

Raiders of the lost ark. Hadn’t seen it for probably 20 years. Vintage Harrison Ford... made me feel like a little kid again. Great film! An absolute classic! The score, the action sequences and even the comedy was spot on! Loved it!

nöyd

Staff member
The Way of the Gun

Started well, but I found myself steadily losing interest.

Shut that merkins mouth before I come over there and f**k-start her head. Classic line.

Latest posts