What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Cronk joins the Roosters, the 2018 competition is over before it starts

The_Shield

Juniors
Cooper Cronk is an awesome player now playing in an awesome team. Tedesco is Billy Slater's successor. Latrell Mitchell; is a freak. Luke Keary is a brilliant running half. Coops could not ask for more.

Melbourne will have to adjust to Brodie Croft. IMO they should have gone for the Canadian international Rylie Jacks.
Dude seriously your kidding yourself. Other then the spine, the Roosters team just doesn’t look like a top team. I don’t know which to laugh at more, the sh!t outside backs, the soft forward pack or the weak bench.

RedVDragon

Juniors
Best half back in a storm team that has Smith and Slater in it. Let’s face it in 2016 if Billy Slater plays Storm win and the porch lights in the shire will be off. Cronk without the bigger 2 won’t be the same. Furthermore the rorters will have internal politics and emotional hang ups to deal with.

Best half back in a storm team that has Smith and Slater in it. Let’s face it in 2016 if Billy Slater plays Storm win and the porch lights in the shire will be off. Cronk without the bigger 2 won’t be the same. Furthermore the rorters will have internal politics and emotional hang ups to deal with.

Which political scientist and which board certified psychiatrist told you all this?

Choppy182

Juniors
I see plenty of points being leaked in that backline. Cronk is unproven without playing with Cameron Smith also.

Lambretta

First Grade
Who said that?

My maths puts us between $500 and $700k under

We were $400 under and signed Cronk for $800 meaning we were $400 over
We lost Pearce and Nikorima freeing up around $1.1 to $1.2 meaning we were $700k to $800k under

Then we signed Reece Robinson for $100 to $200k

That puts us somewhere in the region of $500k to $700k under
$1million seems high to me regardless of what Andrew Webster says

Lambretta

First Grade
Dude seriously your kidding yourself. Other then the spine, the Roosters team just doesn’t look like a top team. I don’t know which to laugh at more, the sh!t outside backs, the soft forward pack or the weak bench.

This is pretty much (well almost) my view of the situation as it stands
We don't even have a full time kicker now we've let Gordon go to the new retirement home on the Gold Coast ffs.

Our forward pack was weak at the back end of last season and we are weak as piss at centre

Sure, if all our players are fit we look ok, but as soon as we have injuries, suspensions or Origin we can't cover. We go back to that old chestnut of playing ploddy back rowers out wide and we look hopeless in attack

POPEYE

Coach
This is pretty much (well almost) my view of the situation as it stands
We don't even have a full time kicker now we've let Gordon go to the new retirement home on the Gold Coast ffs.

Our forward pack was weak at the back end of last season and we are weak as piss at centre

Sure, if all our players are fit we look ok, but as soon as we have injuries, suspensions or Origin we can't cover. We go back to that old chestnut of playing ploddy back rowers out wide and we look hopeless in attack
and still finished 2nd in the '17 Real World Of RL . . . a disappointment to some

Lambretta

First Grade
and still finished 2nd in the '17 Real World Of RL . . . a disappointment to some

Maybe so. But we had a kind draw off the back of finishing 15th the year before.

We have offloaded lots od depth players for a few big names. We will be fine if we have no injuries but if we do, we will slide

POPEYE

Coach
Maybe so. But we had a kind draw off the back of finishing 15th the year before.

We have offloaded lots od depth players for a few big names. We will be fine if we have no injuries but if we do, we will slide
Granted . . . but your expectation outweighs your inhibition

The proof is in the pudding. Let's wait and see how the strengthened Roosters do against the diminished Storm and the rhinestone Cowboys.

Latest posts