What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ODI Series- NZL v WI

JJ

Immortal
I can't believe they're resting Williamson and Southee, especially Williamson, from these - not like we hae a big summer of cricket

Iafeta

Referee
Broom ... oh dear. Another poor innings. Nothing was anywhere near the middle of the bat. Unfortunately for Neil I think it may be curtains for him at this stage of his career.

JJ

Immortal
Lol might be missing the captain about now ffs

And if you rest him why not blood the future

Iafeta

Referee
Chadwick Walton must be close to the dopiest cricketer alive today. His partner is given out leg before to a ball that was missing leg by a foot and Walton told him not to use the review. It was an absolute howler of a decision and should have been reviewed immediately

Iafeta

Referee
And now they are 8/4. Given the NZ innings was obliterated by rain, the Windies have completely blown a very easily winnable position.

Iafeta

Referee
9/5. Lol. Complete inability to play full in swing from a magnificent left arm quick. That was a ripper. The old sand shoe crusher. Wonder what reception Chadwick will get as he walks in. Utterly clueless merkin.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
So from this series;

Broom's crap. (Chapman, Solia (when fit n proven) or rejink the order for Bruce much better choices).

Latham still looks good at 5 and keeping.

I'm still not convinced with Worker. Far too much square and behind and a crappy bowling unit. I give him a reluctant pass. Still much prefer Munro to open with Gup.

I'm still not convinced with Niccolls but I like his new innovation shots. Could he do this vs higher quality in Safrica, India or Aus tho? I still prefer Bruce. But Niccolls gets a positive pass mark this series. He is improving and developing his game - but quickly enough?

I enjoyed seeing Astle score a fighting 49 and bowl his googlies but Santner has put his bowling into perspective with this feeble WI side that once again has Boult looking like he's as playable as SF Barnes.

Taylor - just class. Please don't retire after 2019 world cup.

No point in rating the NZ bowlers outside Santner v Astle - WI batting was pathetically feeble.

Last edited:

Meth

Staff member
NZ take out the first T20- half centuries from Munro and Phillips, as well as nice spells of bowling from Rance and Bracewell. WI kamikaze as per usual.

Iafeta

Referee
I'm amazed the one hand $10k catch deal is still going on with OHS concerns. Young fellow copped one in the face off a skimming 6 that was deflected.

Iafeta

Referee
NZs out cricket was far too superior. As demonstrated by Kesrick Williams bowling one of the most dopiest final overs I can ever recall, v Seth Rance getting two wickets in two balls both courtesy of excellent catches. The Glenn Phillips catch to dismiss Chris Gayle is one of the finest exhibitions of wicket keeping you're ever likely to see frankly.

Latest posts