What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th Ashes Test: Australia v England at the MCG, Dec 26-30 2017

Pedge1971

First Grade
In fairness AFL is as much to blame for this shit being served up as the useless Victorian groundsman.

Every major test venue in the country now has a drop in so the different character of the traditional cricket wickets at grounds across the country had been lost. All we get now are brown f**king roads that get flatter over 5 days and give the bowlers f**k all.

All for a sport that rewards players for fumbling a ball instead of catching it.

2 weeks

Coach
U sure? Thought there had been one there for a while which is why u no longer have the mud heap in the centre of the ground in Winter....

From 2014 but I haven't heard their stance change.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/the-ashes-2013-14/content/story/706293.html

"We're a dual purpose ground and it is a mammoth task to change over from AFL to cricket and maintain a first-class pitch. For the characteristics of the SCG, even if you had a drop-in here, you're not going to replicate the centre that's out there at the moment. No I think we're right, the Trust is pretty staunch. Can't say it's never ever going to happen but in near future nothing on the drawing board I can assure you of that."

No drop in in Sydney.

They did resurface in the early mid ninties so we that’s when the characteristics of pitch changed from a spinners paradise.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
seems more people are talking about the pitch than the game, hopefully something gets done about this

I think MM will have earned a few brownie points for his effort, very different to his big score at the WACA but he did what he had to do in completely different circumstances

Latest posts