What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Ashes Test: Australia v England at the SCG, Jan 4-8 2018

JJ

Immortal
I think Renshaw and probably Handscombe will eventually be back in the team and be better for it. Just got sort some issues out.
Same with Bancroft.

We're a team in rebuilding mode really, have been for a while. Just going to have to take the good with the bad.

Less said about Wade the better.

Looks more like you're now in the "building" phase - whether MMarsh is for real I am not sure, but he's confident atm, and SMarsh is old - but most the rest could be together for a bit and can improve

JJ

Immortal
Great to see things were kept ultra classy and dignified with the stage backdrop for the presentations - FMD

JJ

Immortal
Still reckon injury free he could be the best of the lot, when he isn’t contjnally instructed to bowl short pitched rubbish.

Cummins looks the most complete of them - at least the sort of fast bowler I prefer to watch, he has many weapons - Starc and Hazelwood are fine bowlers, You're right about the short bowling, just dumbass stuff imo, they're better bowlers than that.

Would be terrible for the rest of us, and great for you, if Pattinson could also get (and stay) fit

Bazal

Post Whore
Cummins looks the most complete of them - at least the sort of fast bowler I prefer to watch, he has many weapons - Starc and Hazelwood are fine bowlers, You're right about the short bowling, just dumbass stuff imo, they're better bowlers than that.

Would be terrible for the rest of us, and great for you, if Pattinson could also get (and stay) fit

Unfortunately I reckon Patto is done, just quietly. 5 months off 28 years of age, shocking injury history, no return date at this stage....he might come back for a few games here and there but as a front line option he's cooked.

JJ

Immortal
Unfortunately I reckon Patto is done, just quietly. 5 months off 28 years of age, shocking injury history, no return date at this stage....he might come back for a few games here and there but as a front line option he's cooked.
Be a real shame - but there's hope, Lillee came back... even Cummins

That said, Pattinson has a Shane Bond appearance to him

Not a fan of the sprinkler?

Players will do what they do, seldom are they classy on any side - those stupid hands were Ch 9 or worse cricket Aust...

You're right it was shit. But meh. It's for merch purposes and that's the classless part.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Comes to the middle.. scores his 50.. doesn't come out again... pretty poor display from Root I reckon. I know he's sick or whatever, but that would have been the perfect teaching moment for his team, show them that he is willing to put it on the line.. Instead, a pretty tepid finish

Graeme Smith came out last man down with a broken hand against Mitchell f***en Johnson!

Bazal

Post Whore
Comes to the middle.. scores his 50.. doesn't come out again... pretty poor display from Root I reckon. I know he's sick or whatever, but that would have been the perfect teaching moment for his team, show them that he is willing to put it on the line.. Instead, a pretty tepid finish

Graeme Smith came out last man down with a broken hand against Mitchell f***en Johnson!

There's a big difference between a busted hand and fluid leaking from various orifices....