What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4th Ashes Test: Australia v England at the MCG, Dec 26-30 2017

Bazal

Post Whore
As I said wouldn’t know all beer tastes like piss to me.

But Milton Mangoes are our biggest selling drop.

By a long margin too.

It's because people want to be able to have four or five over the course of an evening and still be safe to drive home. Mid-strength is a massively growing market

JJ

Immortal
Tui all the way bro???

lol - nope it's shit like most Aussie beers I've tried

Craft beers are big here, and some really good - not a big beer drinker myself, but f**ked if I'll drink Lion Red, Tui, Tooheys, VB, XXXX etc - I'm not sure what piss tastes like, but I imagine it's similar to any of those

ANTiLAG

First Grade

Craft beers are big here, and some really good - not a big beer drinker myself, but f**ked if I'll drink Lion Red, Tui, Tooheys, VB, XXXX etc - I'm not sure what piss tastes like, but I imagine it's similar to any of those

VB is a full strength at 4.9 - nothing like a 3.5 or 4.0, plus it is a bitter lager.

I prefer it to IMPORTED Henineken, Becks and lot more European and Asian beers.

I'm not a fan of craft beers.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

As I said mate all beer tastes like piss to me, only drink spirits.

Bazal

Post Whore

I could make the exact same post from an Aussie perspective tbh....

We get a lot of the Kiwi craft stuff here. Most of it is good.

JJ

Immortal
I could make the exact same post from an Aussie perspective tbh....

We get a lot of the Kiwi craft stuff here. Most of it is good.

Are the craft beers not big there? Shame, some of the small brewers do a nice job IMO

Bazal

Post Whore
Are the craft beers not big there? Shame, some of the small brewers do a nice job IMO

No I mea word for word that post could be read from my Aussie perspective. We've got some awesome craft beers. Even some of the "mainstream" craft beers (oxymoron alert) brewed by the major guys are bloody good.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
This is what happens to a match thread when the game finishes early.

Oh well, no VB for me today, a chilled Chardonnay from Marlborough instead.

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
No I mea word for word that post could be read from my Aussie perspective. We've got some awesome craft beers. Even some of the "mainstream" craft beers (oxymoron alert) brewed by the major guys are bloody good.
Ahh, gotcha - yeah, I specifically included Kiwi and Aussie beers - the garden variety ones are pretty lame, but with a bit of effort they prove than can actually make nice beers

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I'm going to take my tasteless heathen VB beer drinking and enjoying tastebuds and pour myse
With some flavour, usually :p

Although a Dry is great after 7 hours of cricket. Doesn't even touch the sides.

Heh, thats the thing with beers. Some conditions suit a savoury beer best, some suit a quenching beer best, yet some people just want a nice all-rounder to suit all conditions. While some beers on the palette leave many people with a "what was the brewer thinking?"

Its like wine, I get Sav Blanc, I just don't like its acidity. But Shiraz, outside of being meal specific or blended to a wonderful rose, I struggle to grasp the appreciation of short of smoking roll your owns filterlessly and regularly for 50 years.

Latest posts