What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luciano Leilua

Dragsters

First Grade
Indeed.

If he is to be prematurely judged then let that be on the indicators to date...

He played all last year in the reggies, against men which plenty suggested he needed to do.

He didn't whinge about it and was awarded the team player of the year.

He has trained harder and lost some weight, again, something plenty suggested he needed to do.

He extended his contract which shows commitment to the club.

These are all positive signs and things I as a dragons fan am excited by.

If he does indeed get his chance then all of the above should hold him in good stead...

FlameThrower

Bench
Yeah I'm a bit tired of every post everyone makes coming back to the coach. I get it, people are frustrated and want him out but I am just trying to focus on the positives now mate and don't really care for all the negative coach stuff. There is a thread to bag the coach, this one is about Luciano Leilua. Cheers.
Agree 100%. I’m over this constant bagging of the coach on threads that have nothing to do with him. Luciano stated himself he was not ready last year, the club and player worked together to improve his fitness and attitude.

Bench
Stone and Reddy were my favourite players from that time. The game has changed so much since then.
I am looking forward to Luc getting a chance to show how good he is. Our forwards are going to be something special this year.
I just hope we give players like Lomax and field a chance to see how they go.
It’s going to be a good year for us.

Last edited:

Life's Good

Coach
Indeed.

If he is to be prematurely judged then let that be on the indicators to date...

He played all last year in the reggies, against men which plenty suggested he needed to do.

He didn't whinge about it and was awarded the team player of the year.

He has trained harder and lost some weight, again, something plenty suggested he needed to do.

He extended his contract which shows commitment to the club.

These are all positive signs and things I as a dragons fan am excited by.

If he does indeed get his chance then all of the above should hold him in good stead...
Well said. It appears he took the advice on board to get himself ready for a career in FG, didn’t drop his bundle & was rewarded with an extended contract based on his original potential. He will get his chance as a result. I’m hoping he thrives because he has plenty to offer.

Gareth67

First Grade
reddy throw a punch, surely not

Can you recall the '77 G.F. replay ? The Eels coach Terry Fearnaly (?) told his players not to retaliate against the Dragons . Unfortunately that drove some of those slippery little eels mad , in particular Ray Higgs . After young Rodney gave the ugly begger yet another facial , Higgs who could not keep his temper in check any longer , threw the ball straight at the rocket .

Needless to say the bluudy thing just bounced straight off him and made Rodney even more vicious , chasing Ray Price around the field to pay his dues for that kick he gave little Mark Schulman a couple of weeks earlier . :yum: Ahhh - they were the days !

Last edited:

jak

Bench
Can you recall the '77 G.F. replay ? The Eels coach Terry Fearnaly (?) told his players not to retaliate against the Dragons . Unfortunately that drove some of those slippery little eels mad , in particular Ray Higgs . After young Rodney gave the ugly begger yet another facial , Higgs who could not keep his temper in check any longer , threw the ball straight at the rocket .

Needless to say the bluudy thing just bounced straight off him and made Rodney even more vicious , chasing Ray Price around the field to pay his dues for that kick he gave little Mark Schulman a couple of weeks earlier . :yum: Ahhh - they were the days !
I have always thought harry bath won us the replay when he had mark Shulman take that long walk in full playing gear just to sit next to harry on the sideline, it got the crowd going.

Gareth67

First Grade
I have always thought harry bath won us the replay when he had mark Shulman take that long walk in full playing gear just to sit next to harry on the sideline, it got the crowd going.

jak , I forgot about that . And yes that certainly had a bearing on the game . I remember the crowd going bonkers and also that know-all grin from old Harry himself . If there was a league hall of fame for coaches , then Harry would certainly be there !

But back to the subject of the thread - I go along with what so many other members have said and that is game time and more game time , that is what is required for big Luc and so many of our other juniors that have so much potential .

With Graham at the club , now is the time for these up and comers to ' learn the trade ' as far as the forwards are concerned , the wealth of knowledge that this bloke can impart to them is immeasurable .

Luc needs to kick aside that shyness that some youngsters possess and realise that in the top grade you must be able to hold your own against your opponents and if that means an occasional growl with a thump thrown in , then so be it . I believe that although this season his minutes of the bench will be limited , he will show more glimpses of the skills that he possesses - that being a very good ball playing forward in the making .

Last edited:

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Gareth
With a true revs grade being play this year.
I would think that it will be a lot tougher and that sould help to development of all our young guys.
Imo.

Last edited:

Latest posts