What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Trek to return to the small screen.

jargan83

Coach
I've enjoyed the series so far. There are so many people expecting Ash Tyler to be Voq it wouldn't surprise me if they left him as a human. If Tyler does turn out to be Voq I don't think anyone will be surprised by it.

Some interesting theories floating around the internet as to where Discovery ended up at the end of the mid series finale as well.

Timbo

Staff member
I've enjoyed the series so far. There are so many people expecting Ash Tyler to be Voq it wouldn't surprise me if they left him as a human. If Tyler does turn out to be Voq I don't think anyone will be surprised by it.

Some interesting theories floating around the internet as to where Discovery ended up at the end of the mid series finale as well.

And, if they are in the mirror universe, is Lorca from there in the first place? There's a screen grab showing him overriding the navigation controls on their final jump. The other one I like is that they're in the future. I mean, there has to be a reason why the spore drive is never heard of again?

bileduct

Coach
Any of you fine Borg watching The Orville?
Are people really enjoying this?

I got three episodes in before I gave up. They've not only copied the look and feel of TNG, they're also blatantly stealing stories from the various Star Trek series and adding in dick and fart jokes.

axl rose

Bench
Great episode to start off with after the mid season break.

All hail Captain Killy.

Hell yeah

I'd surrender to this hottie
killy.jpg

Last edited:

Timbo

Staff member
This show keeps getting better and better.

Yep, this show is f**king rad.

Lots of questions:

I don't see any way they can get back to the prime universe - they'd surely warn Starfleet about the fate of the Defiant if so, stopping it from drifting into Tholian space and into a the mirror universe ten years from now. And something has to stop Starfleet from experimenting with spore drives - if both Discovery and the Glenn are both lost in their development then Starfleet may abandon it all together (otherwise Voyager makes no sense at all).

Also, I'm 100% convinced Lorca is actually Mirror! Lorca and good Lorca died on the Buran.

elyod138

Bench
Was anyone surprised by the reveal of the Emperor? I wasn't surprised but I also wasn't disappointed.
Hope she gets some good scenes. I was a bit disappointed by Michelle Yeoh's performance at the start of the series, was a little bit bland and wooden for her standards.

Glad she gets a second chance and can ham it up with a more over the top version of the character.

Timbo

Staff member
Yep, this show is f**king rad.

Lots of questions:

I don't see any way they can get back to the prime universe - they'd surely warn Starfleet about the fate of the Defiant if so, stopping it from drifting into Tholian space and into a the mirror universe ten years from now. And something has to stop Starfleet from experimenting with spore drives - if both Discovery and the Glenn are both lost in their development then Starfleet may abandon it all together (otherwise Voyager makes no sense at all).

Also, I'm 100% convinced Lorca is actually Mirror! Lorca and good Lorca died on the Buran.

f**king nailed it.

Timbo

Staff member
Short episode!

Does this mean Lorca won't be in season 2? I'll be disappointed if that's the case.

Apparently Jason Isaacs is only committed for one season, as he's very expensive. The producers are apparently trying to get him to stick around in some capacity though.

Parra Pride

Coach
Short episode!

Does this mean Lorca won't be in season 2? I'll be disappointed if that's the case.

Was honestly surprised how Burnham was so quick to give him up when it all clicked and she realised he was the mirror Lorca. Hoping he does stick around because he's been my favourite on the show, but wouldn't be surprising if he is gone. I'd be more accepting if we got Dominatrix Captain Tilly in to replace him as captain though...

Latest posts