What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pet hates in gyms

Life's Good

Coach
What's with dudes looking at the wall mirror and pulling up their shirt and posing? What blowhards. It's half ways like standing in a public park and opening up a trench coat to young lasses.

Social media is the answer. It's all about the 'look' for the upcoming generation. Cant post until it all looks right.

Iafeta

Referee
Comes down to macro and micro nutrition planning blah blah blah. Allegedly. Because I definitely haven't mastered this part.

@Life's Good , come on champ, I'm sure you've won a Mr Kogarah title a time or two mate.

Life's Good

Coach
Comes down to macro and micro nutrition planning blah blah blah. Allegedly. Because I definitely haven't mastered this part.

@Life's Good , come on champ, I'm sure you've won a Mr Kogarah title a time or two mate.
If that involves lining up for a few pies & a coke at Jubilee Oval then it’s a title I will wear proudly.

Iafeta

Referee
Had that very thing this morning. Douche sack took up both the chest dip thingy and the chin up station. The chest dip thing he used twice in 25 minutes, and just tied it up by resting his towel on it. What a knob. Today was chest day for me so I was getting quite annoyed seeing as I like the chest dip.

Aragorn

First Grade
Anti social introverts who are so engrossed in their work out / in a world of their own.

It doesnt take much to just say “hello” given i see you just about everytime at the gym.

We are suppose to be social creatures you know!’

Why the blank stares?!

Iafeta

Referee
That's probably someone like me @Aragorn

I think for me personally it's a few things. Firstly, I'm shy by nature. Once I know someone I'm an open book but I can take a bit of digging through to get there. Secondly, big career with a bit of pressure, so I purposely use the gym to zone out. Thirdly, I love my music/podcasts and I'm generally engrossed in that. Fourthly, generally between sets I'm focussed on getting my breath back. Finally, there are some epic douche sacks who like to get in others faces, it can be a bit awkward or intimidating and I don't really like that TBF.

I will say hello to a few that are ultra good people, that I feel I have a good rapport with. But mostly I'm just zoned out. It's not done to insult others, it's just my mental make up.

Aragorn

First Grade
That's probably someone like me @Aragorn

I think for me personally it's a few things. Firstly, I'm shy by nature. Once I know someone I'm an open book but I can take a bit of digging through to get there. Secondly, big career with a bit of pressure, so I purposely use the gym to zone out. Thirdly, I love my music/podcasts and I'm generally engrossed in that. Fourthly, generally between sets I'm focussed on getting my breath back. Finally, there are some epic douche sacks who like to get in others faces, it can be a bit awkward or intimidating and I don't really like that TBF.

I will say hello to a few that are ultra good people, that I feel I have a good rapport with. But mostly I'm just zoned out. It's not done to insult others, it's just my mental make up.

I think there's a bit of that in all of us.

There's a few big reptiles who frequent my gym. I do everything and anything to stay out of their way and not make eye contact. Don't want to upset or provoke the animals.

On the flip side there's a girl that frequents the place. She always blanks me out when I walk pass. ALWAYS.

I guess it goes both ways....

Iafeta

Referee
Oh for sure. I never go out of my way to ignore anyone. If someone talks I happily talk. I'd hate to think I would come across rude, it's definitely not my intention.

Latest posts