What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Munster

KiamaSaint

Coach
Nothing will get that forum active, it's always been a snooze fest.

Even calling them cheats gets polite replies. It's nothing like the Dragons, Rabbits, Panthers or Parra forums, we are the real deal. Dragons No 1
I saw your thread, very funny.

Gareth67

First Grade
Even although it's only a rumour - swap Duffy for Munster - is a bluudy insult to all Red V supporters! Duffy could be anything if given the opportunity and time to shine and he comes with no baggage whatsoever , in fact he is already here , because he is a Dragon's junior who has earned his place in the top grade . I can not believe that that disgusting piece of rubbish has found its way onto this forum ! ! !

Last edited:

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Even although it's only a rumour - swap Duffy for Munster - is a bluudy insult to all Red V supporters! Duffy could be anything if given the opportunity and time to shine and he comes with no baggage whatsoever . I can not believe that that disgusting piece of rubbish has found its way onto this forum ! ! !
Kidding ,:sunglasses:

Gareth67

First Grade
This place is becoming more like a chook run everyday , with some people screaming crap such as " run for your fooking lives. - the sky is falling , the sky is falling " . It's been a hot summer for most of us , but it's been a bit too hot for a few others .

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
Gareth
Unfortunately the guy needs to grow up.
Is a super star player but a has a bit of a attitude.
The storm want let him go.
Unless there is a lot more to it.

Sammy could not agree more and should he go , let him go to a club more akin to his manner , Sharks , Bulldogs or even to the Rorters or Broncos . We don't need the jerk here , we have had our share of misfits over the last few years .[/QUOTE]

You're being harsh on Dugan I think.
FFS Dugan missed a bus and went to the pub, had a few beers and some photos with kids hardly a "loose unit".
Munster is a nasty kettle of fish and has a major aggression problem while on the booze not something synonymous with Dugan.
not being harsh at all old timer dugan had a number of incidents on the sauce and missed a number of team busses and his origin and canberra escapades could've called him a lot worse, i think loose is quite apt! agree with you re munster but.anyway why are you defending that cronulla scum?lol

BennyV

Referee
Even although it's only a rumour - swap Duffy for Munster - is a bluudy insult to all Red V supporters! Duffy could be anything if given the opportunity and time to shine and he comes with no baggage whatsoever , in fact he is already here , because he is a Dragon's junior who has earned his place in the top grade . I can not believe that that disgusting piece of rubbish has found its way onto this forum ! ! !
I realise he’s not coming but for the sake of discussion Gareth, you’re clearly a crazy person!
Promotion of local juniors is nice, gives us all a fuzzy feeling and so on but Munster is a force. He was the reason that QLD walked away from game 3 2017 as winners. He’s an international, a premiership winner, a superstar and he would instantly cut our premiership odds to shreds.

Dufty MAY turn out to be a good first grader but he is an unknown quantity still and Munster is miles above him, and likely already well above his ceiling. Sentimentality won’t win us comps.

giboz71

First Grade
I realise he’s not coming but for the sake of discussion Gareth, you’re clearly a crazy person!
Promotion of local juniors is nice, gives us all a fuzzy feeling and so on but Munster is a force. He was the reason that QLD walked away from game 3 2017 as winners. He’s an international, a premiership winner, a superstar and he would instantly cut our premiership odds to shreds.

Dufty MAY turn out to be a good first grader but he is an unknown quantity still and Munster is miles above him, and likely already well above his ceiling. Sentimentality won’t win us comps.

Munster won’t turn 24 till September. Only a year and a bit older than Dufty.

Already played 65 FG games, was pretty much man of the match in Origin 3 and already played 2 test matches. And he can play in the halves and centre.

If we had a chance to get him, I’d be all for it even if we had to lose Dufty and/or Field.

Know it won’t happen but Munster, Hunt and Widdop would make us a lock for the the top 4.

Gareth67

First Grade

No Benny , sentimentality will not win us comps. but by the same token why would you take a risk with a player whom is not - all for his team . What I am attempting to say is that the mans ego seems to be larger than the reason he is playing the game for .

He is playing to win premierships for the club that he represents, as such his team comes first and foremost and he himself comes second . That means controlling oneself when playing for his club , state and country , both on and off the field .

It does not take a crazy person to realise that , nor a moron , merely an individual who has seen what a bad apple can do to an entire box if left unchecked .

Last edited:

possm

Coach
No Benny , sentimentality will not win us comps. but by the same token why would you take a risk with a player whom is not - all for his team . What I am attempting to say is that the man ego seems to be larger than the reason he is playing the game for . He is playing to win premierships for the club that he represents, as such his team comes first and foremost and he himself comes second .

It does not take a crazy person to realise that , nor a moron , merely an individual who has seen what a bad apple can do to an entire box if left unchecked .
If Millward can swing it, I'd be happy for a player swap between Munster and Dufty. Dufty has lots of potential but has not yet even cemented a first grade spot. Munster has already represented at all levels and only a year or so older.

Dufty would surely benefit from a stint at the Storm with a good coach and Slater to learn off. A move would definitely be in Dufty's best interest and Munster as Dragon's fullback would definitely be in the Dragon's best interest.

Millward said he is looking for an outside back. If he hasn't wasted any of the 900k reported to be left over, I would urge him to pick up the phone and do the deal.

Gareth67

First Grade
If Millward can swing it, I'd be happy for a player swap between Munster and Dufty. Dufty has lots of potential but has not yet even cemented a first grade spot. Munster has already represented at all levels and only a year or so older.

Dufty would surely benefit from a stint at the Storm with a good coach and Slater to learn off. A move would definitely be in Dufty's best interest and Munster as Dragon's fullback would definitely be in the Dragon's best interest.

Millward said he is looking for an outside back. If he hasn't wasted any of the 900k reported to be left over, I would urge him to pick up the phone and do the deal.

What a wonderful idea Possum , while he is at it get him to sign up Barba as well . Millward can take a leaf out of other clubs books and back-end both contracts .

Crush

Coach

What in the world are we talking about here? "If Millward can swing it Id be happy for a player swap between Munster and Dufty"
FFS! Of course of you would! But its nonsense! They don't want Dufty FFS!
NEXT STUPID THREAD PLEASE!!!

Apparently the Storm are tired of his shit and are looking at releasing him from his contract. What does everyone think: would you take him? I'm in two minds about it. On the one hand, his playing ability is incredible. He'd be an asset on the field to every team he's in. On the other hand, how much of a f**kwit must he be if Bellamy is prepared to give up on an Australian and Origin level rep based on behaviour? Thoughts?
I really like him as a player - he is an incredible competitor that overall, makes him a better 5/8 than Widdop IMO.
Sort of player that can take you all the way to the big dance..
What I don't want is for our club to become the rehabilitation centre for recalcitrant rugby league stars.
In Munster's case a change of scenery and exposure to a good mentor/coach may be a tonic.
Unfortunately, McGregor is not that guy!

RufusRex

Post Whore
Munster is not really an outside back is he though ... whilst the sharks are talking about debuting an absolute speed machine on the wing we have sent the old model-t in for a grease and oil change and hope to get another 6 months mileage out of those old legs.

Walpole

Juniors
What in the world are we talking about here? "If Millward can swing it Id be happy for a player swap between Munster and Dufty"
FFS! Of course of you would! But its nonsense! They don't want Dufty FFS!
NEXT STUPID THREAD PLEASE!!!
What?! You mean we're done with this one?

BennyV

Referee
No Benny , sentimentality will not win us comps. but by the same token why would you take a risk with a player whom is not - all for his team . What I am attempting to say is that the mans ego seems to be larger than the reason he is playing the game for .

He is playing to win premierships for the club that he represents, as such his team comes first and foremost and he himself comes second . That means controlling oneself when playing for his club , state and country , both on and off the field .

One only needs to look at Boyd and his influence on our 2010 premiership to see the value of a stupidly talent mercenary/wanker to a squad that actually wants to be successful.

Gareth67

First Grade
It was the Dragons hard nosed defence that won the competition in 2010 . Yes , Boyd chiming in to the those sweeping backline plays certainly put many tries on the board . But the backs had the likes of Gasnier and Morris in it as well . Benny , with respect if you can recall when Kieran Foran was on the market and there was talk that he may come to the Dragons , I also said at that time that I would stick with the juniors .

You replied that you would take Foran any day as he was a proven international. I then went on and explained my reasoning, the fact that the man had problems and that being the case , he was not the same player that he once was . You accepted my point of view then . Now we have a very similar situation with Munster , he at this point in time also has problems and until they are sorted out , he would be in a very similar predicament as Foran was then . If Munster had none , I also would like the joint venture to sign him , as the man does have unlimited ability ,however until he has sorted himself out then there remains a question mark over him , the same one that hovered over Foran's head .

Speaking of which , did Foran have a successful year at the Warriors ? I believe that I was more annoyed that Duffy had only last week signed a contract extension and less than a week later some were prepared to sell him down the river . But as you said in your previous post , sentimentally will not win us premierships and of course you were correct.

Give me a ' clean ' Munster and I will sing the mans praises to the heavens , just as long as we can keep the juniors that have promise . I am not asking you to agree with my point of view, but merely to respect it .

Last edited: