What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

super_coach

First Grade
A poster on the other forum who seems to be either in the camp or very close to it, has said we have signed a massive signing for 2018, not RTS and it should be announced next week. He is not giving any clues but said this signing is a real game changer.

He has got a few calls wrong in the past but they were very few and far in between. I also think that the cooling off period has been taken out of the standard NRL contract. so if player X has signed there is no backing out.

The speculation is it is Cleary, but that would only be possible if Gus gave him permission to talk to another club before Nov 2018 and was willing to release him a year early.

This news should keep the punters guessing for a few days

super_coach

First Grade
As I think its highly unlikely its Cleary, the guy I would love would be Gutherson, not sure when his contract expires, but he kicks goals, great attitude, can play any position in the backline and knows the words to eye of the tiger

super_coach

First Grade
Sorry guys I said 2018..I meant 2019, but he now he is saying that they need the NRL to agree to the signing and if this is the case there is a chance we might snare him for 2018.

I am now leaning towards big Izzy

Clifferd

Coach
Actually reading the thread, the dude says the player needs an NRL clearance. Sounds like it could be either Ben Barba or Izzy Folau

super_coach

First Grade
he has inferred its someone who can play half and fullback, im thinking barba

I just can't see the Tigers taking on Barba. Culture is the 2018 buzz word and I think the c culture Ivan is trying to create is different to Ben Barba's idea of culture.

One thing for certain, Ivan seems to have little faith in our present no1 options

Clifferd

Coach
ID be pretty upset if it was the human bubbler tbh. Not the sort of player we need, especially with the standards set

Barba had off field issues but not to the same extent as carnage. 80% of nrl players these days use rec drugs incthe off season, it’s hardly the crime of the century.

Vic Mackey

Referee
One thing for certain, Ivan seems to have little faith in our present no1 options

That’s the big thing I’m noticing too. I admit I’m not sold on Tui as a gun fullback but I think he deserves a decent crack at it. If we were to sign a big name 1 for 2019 early in the year I can see Lolos motivation being non existent which would potentially derail our entire season.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
The rumour suggests someone who can play in the halves or at fullback, and it's not RTS or Munster. I can't see Ivan taking on Barba or Toddles and don't think either would qualify as a big signing anyway. Perhaps Gutherson? Could be that Parra still have to get under the cap? Would also give us a goal kicker.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
The rumour suggests someone who can play in the halves or at fullback, and it's not RTS or Munster. I can't see Ivan taking on Barba or Toddles and don't think either would qualify as a big signing anyway. Perhaps Gutherson? Could be that Parra still have to get under the cap? Would also give us a goal kicker.

This would be great.

simmo1

First Grade
Imagine losing Gutherson in order to get Moses and Hayne. Surely Parra aren't that stupid.

super_coach

First Grade
A lot people think its Barba, personally he is not the guy I would be signing although he would add some flair and we lack that

Tiger Ted

Bench
That’s the big thing I’m noticing too. I admit I’m not sold on Tui as a gun fullback but I think he deserves a decent crack at it. If we were to sign a big name 1 for 2019 early in the year I can see Lolos motivation being non existent which would potentially derail our entire season.
Unfortunately for us Tui isn’t a gun anything.We have glaring deficiencies in the spine in particular at fullback.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Imagine losing Gutherson in order to get Moses and Hayne. Surely Parra aren't that stupid.
Agree parra would b off there heads if for a moment they considered letting gutherson leave.He is a bigger asset than those 2 major league wankas combined !

super_coach

First Grade
Everything points to Barba and as I said he would be handy, but he is no game changer and I would not call him a massive signing, but his flair would not go astray