What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers name 5 captains..

Rodent

Bench
Ar9N1xj.png

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Spare a thought for those not a Captain . . . they'll all imagine they're a Baldrick
Poor attempt at a cultural reference there pops. Firstly, Blackadder was only a captain in 1 of the 4 series. Secondly, if players were imagining 'they were a Baldrick' based on season one they'd be imagining themselves as competent, indeed more competent than any one else in that season. Thirdly, why would they imagine themselves as Baldrick? Of the thousands of characters created for television, why Baldrick? Why would they choose to imagine themselves as this particular character?

I'd suggest you stick to pretending your a tough guy who knows nothing about league and leave the attempts at humour to others.

Addendum, you'd make a fine captain darling, darling.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Poor attempt at a cultural reference there pops. Firstly, Blackadder was only a captain in 1 of the 4 series. Secondly, if players were imagining 'they were a Baldrick' based on season one they'd be imagining themselves as competent, indeed more competent than any one else in that season. Thirdly, why would they imagine themselves as Baldrick? Of the thousands of characters created for television, why Baldrick? Why would they choose to imagine themselves as this particular character?

I'd suggest you stick to pretending your a tough guy who knows nothing about league and leave the attempts at humour to others.

Perhaps he was referring to a bloke named Rick who's bald?

Coffee, Darling?

POPEYE

Coach

Wow, how's that for a reaction . . . you made my day ol' mate

Baldrick was one of my all time favourite characters, as usual you completely missed the point

Lambretta

First Grade

My surname actually means "son of Balderic", so imagining myself as a Baldrick isn't a stretch

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Wow, how's that for a reaction . . . you made my day ol' mate

Baldrick was one of my all time favourite characters, as usual you completely missed the point
To paraphrase the great Edmund Blackadder: 'Your stories are like a broken pencil - pointless'.

Too easy, shallow end, fishing etc.