What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High Performance Updates

getsmarty

Immortal
SMAI High Performance Update: Season Review
Tue 10th October, 03:16PM
A A

1507613492339.png

Dragons Head of the Athletic Performance Nathan Pickworth has returned for one last SMAI High Performance Update for season 2017.

Pickworth was afforded the opportunity to reflect on his first season in charge of the High Performance Unit while he also providing updates on those players who have undergone off-season surgery.

Those updates include the reasoning behind Tariq Sims's (wrist) withdrawal from the Fiji Bati squad ahead of the upcoming Rugby League World Cup.

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/10/10/smai_high_performanc.html

getsmarty

Immortal
SMAI High Performance Update: Training Return
Wed 8th November, 10:00AM
A A

1510095476991.png;pv5a3c7c817337af3e

St George Illawarra Head of Athletic Performance Nathan Pickworth discusses the Dragons' return to pre-season training this week ahead of the 2018 season.

Pickworth talks shop about the new members of his High Performance team, what's expected of his players at pre-season start and who is on restricted duty.

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/11/08/smai_high_performanc.html

getsmarty

Immortal
SMAI High Performance Update: 2017 complete
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Thu 28 Dec 2017, 10:00 AM

St George Illawarra Head of Athletic Performance Nathan Pickworth has provided another SMAI High Performance Update following the completion of the first section of pre-season training.

Pickworth discusses the performances of the entire squad throughout pre-season as well as the returns of those who featured at the 2017 Rugby League World Cup.

Euan Aitken and Kurt Mann's recent shoulder reconstructions are assessed by Pickworth as are those undertaking their first NRL pre-season.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/12/28/smai-high-performance-update-2017-complete/

Overseas dragon

Juniors
The Dragons have at least six players
returning from injury being Garrick, Glymin,
Hind, Masoe, Nona and Packer plus the five
Test players Aitken , Dugan, Frizell, Nightingale and Widdop not returning until the 1st January, 2017. That means that up to eleven players out of a squad of 37 players will not be fully training and practising moves from the 7th November until 31st December, 2016. I hope plans are afoot to ensure that the team is fit and cohesive prior to the Nines and two trial games in February. This will be a challenge to the coaches, fitness staff and players given it is important that there should be no excuses for unacceptable performances apart from incompetence when the competition commences early in March 2017.
No nines

Bench
I noticed in that interview I saw mention of Jordan Pereira. I see that he is winger and he is a big unit. His highlights shows he has a good fend but didn’t see him display any speed.
Is he being considered for a first grade spot or is he just reserve grade player

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I noticed in that interview I saw mention of Jordan Pereira. I see that he is winger and he is a big unit. His highlights shows he has a good fend but didn’t see him display any speed.
Is he being considered for a first grade spot or is he just reserve grade player

Think we should play him when his older brother referees our games.
We need all the favours we can get!

Old Timer

Coach
Nathan Pickworth, take a bow. You have the players fit enough to go the eighty.
You have provided the hardware for us to enjoy a good season but the biggest tool in the shed isn’t sure how to utilise it.
You’d better be careful, if he is only going to use a bench of three you might get shuffled back to part time.
We have been in this position before so it's not a question of fitness its damage control and I'm sure Pickworth wouldn't be too happy seeing this so early in the season.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Nathan Pickworth, take a bow. You have the players fit enough to go the eighty.
You have provided the hardware for us to enjoy a good season but the biggest tool in the shed isn’t sure how to utilise it.
You’d better be careful, if he is only going to use a bench of three you might get shuffled back to part time.

Confucius say, ‘Man in bathroom with tool in hand, not necessarily a plumber’.

Latest posts