What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 2 1 vs Broncos

nickdragons90

Juniors
3. Ah mau best of a great foward pack.
2. Hunt excellent start to his time here at the dragons.
1. Widdop the pressure of being the main man is gone, he looked very good in the supporting role set up 2 tries with lovely passes and kicked 7/8.
Special mentions, graham, Vaughan, de belin, aitken, frizell, McInnes.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
3. LAM
2. Widdop
3. Hunt / big red
All the forwards were great .
Only disappointment was lafai needs to improve.

Carlton

Juniors
Hard on nighty he run more than 100m .
Scored a try shut down his side of the field along with Atken.
Play well

Nighty's metres all came from dummy half hitups which were mostly ineffectual and resulted in slow play the balls. He scored a try but it was 10 times harder than it needed to be because of his lack of pace. He only had to do the big swan dive because he couldn't get to the line faster. Nighty is a dragons legend but his time to give it up has come.

Old Timer

Coach
Nighty's metres all came from dummy half hitups which were mostly ineffectual and resulted in slow play the balls. He scored a try but it was 10 times harder than it needed to be because of his lack of pace. He only had to do the big swan dive because he couldn't get to the line faster. Nighty is a dragons legend but his time to give it up has come.
In fairness he made a good break after a quick tap but with what was in front of him Dufty, Mann, Hunt, Widdop, Frizzell all probably score but poor old Nighty just made a break and that is the difference.

Carlton

Juniors
In fairness he made a good break after a quick tap but with what was in front of him Dufty, Mann, Hunt, Widdop, Frizzell all probably score but poor old Nighty just made a break and that is the difference.

You're right OT and that one run provided about 50% of his run metres. I think Nighty can read the game but physically is not able to do the things his mind wants to do.

Old Timer

Coach
You're right OT and that one run provided about 50% of his run metres. I think Nighty can read the game but physically is not able to do the things his mind wants to do.
Just thinking about Aitken and Nighty.
Maybe Aitken has worked it out
  1. If I pass to Nighty within 20m of the line the opposition will be sliding over in cover anyway so we need more room.
  2. If Nighty is going to score within the opposition 20 the pass has to be a cutout from the halves or from a kick and that is how it has happened the last few years..
  3. If I pass to Nighty in our own half he will be rounded up quickly.
  4. If I don't pass to Nighty he wont drop it, he wont get bundled into touch and in reality there is more chance I can run over them than Nighty out run them.
  5. Simple equation let him freeze to death until the halves can give it to him on a plate.