What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Boss doesn't even know who the Cronulla Sharks are

applesauce

Bench
Any reasonable person would suggest he heard Sutherland and then blanked on the rest of the question.

However, lets say he doesn't know who the Sharks are as some Stewart Littles' are suggesting.

Doesn't that speak more to the lack of awareness the NRL has on politicians, businessmen and quite frankly the MAJORITY of the Australian population.

No wonder we can't look past our own noses for decent people to take the game forward and end up perpetually complaining about the same shit year after year (i.e. crowds, expansion, clubs going broke, player indiscretions).

M2D2

Bench
Yep, the fact that, at the time of me writing my original post, it was mostly sharks fans commenting, has no relevance to it at all...

Anyway, I don't want to argue with you about this, because it's a pretty trivial topic and I'm bored now.

Fingers crossed your Mum gives you your XBox back soon
She said she will give it back when Gus's 5 year plan comes together.
Guess im doomed.

Quidgybo

Bench
Ah but it IS a story.

And the interview was 2 weeks ago apparently.
Fake news starting right there. He spoke about commissioners who were appointed yesterday in past tense (Amanda Laing’s name wasn’t announced two weeks ago, nor had she been offered and accepted the role) and two weeks ago no one knew whether the reform might still get up. Why isn’t he congratulating Hatcher, Peponis and Selikowitz on joining the commission? Come on mate, pause the outrage and give it just a minutes worth of critical thought.

Leigh

Last edited:

retch

Juniors
Beattie is going on the Professor this Friday night so this should be fun.

I wonder if he knows all the 22 team names.

edit...english is my first language.

Last edited:

Eion

First Grade
Fake news starting right there. He spoke about commissioners who were appointed yesterday in past tense (Amanda Laing’s name wasn’t announced two weeks ago, nor had she been offered and accepted the role) and two weeks ago no one knew whether the reform might still get up. Why isn’t he congratulating Hatcher, Peponis and Selikowitz on joining the commission? Come on mate, pause the outrage and give it just a minutes worth of critical thought.

Leigh
The only outrage is from the flat earthers pretending nothing happened.

Beattie made a goose of himself and showed his true colours. No ones calling for his resignation. Not yet.

Quidgybo

Bench
The only outrage is from the flat earthers pretending nothing happened.
...and the outrage of those not putting a moments thought into the situation before they start name calling. Outrageous I tells ya. I’m outraged. :p

Beattie made a goose of himself and showed his true colours. No ones calling for his resignation. Not yet.
Of course he made a goose of himself (true colours?). It’s embarrassing. But hardly a big deal. Let’s all have a chuckle and move on.

Leigh.

Last edited:

Brutus

Referee
Watch the video
He really had no idea .
Dunno what the f**k he’s been doing for 6 months.

He truly did have no idea.

If he thought Gould was asking him about some junior club, then he would have mentioned this in his twitter response.

Not earth shattering, but definitely hard to explain.

Even women at my work that have little interest in RL, know that Cronulla are the Sharks. The Cronulla Sharks ffs.

Brutus

Referee
The test for a new chairman should be this: if they know what colour underwear Dave Brown's mum was wearing when he scored 45 points against Canterbury then they get the job. If they don't they're not a rugby league fan

Just knowing who the Cronulla Sharks are would be sufficient.

carcharias

Immortal
He truly did have no idea.

If he thought Gould was asking him about some junior club, then he would have mentioned this in his twitter response.

Not earth shattering, but definitely hard to explain.

Even women at my work that have little interest in RL, know that Cronulla are the Sharks. The Cronulla Sharks ffs.

It’s like Ronald McDonald not knowing they have burgers on the menu.

Latest posts