What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Metal thread \m/

gUt

Coach
Deftones at the old Roxy in Brisbane would be in my top 2 or 3 gigs of all time. The place was packed and everyone went nuts and the band fed off it.

beave

Coach
Saw Butterfly Effect last night at the Triffod in Brissy (acknowledge that they are not metal, but close enough)

f**k me, what a band. Clint Boges voice, stunning.

Also, awesome little venue as well. I think one of the powederfinger guitarists is part owner of it, its like a mini WWII hangar inside a building to keep the noise enclosed, feels like it could hold about 800-1000 people? Actually has an aircon system that works.....

Bazal

Post Whore
Saw Butterfly Effect last night at the Triffod in Brissy (acknowledge that they are not metal, but close enough)

f**k me, what a band. Clint Boges voice, stunning.

Also, awesome little venue as well. I think one of the powederfinger guitarists is part owner of it, its like a mini WWII hangar inside a building to keep the noise enclosed, feels like it could hold about 800-1000 people? Actually has an aircon system that works.....

Saw them tonight. By my reckoning for the tenth or eleventh time.

f**k me. The best show I've seen them do. Absolutely unbelievable. Clint always had a sublime voice but he's gotten even better.

Tonight's performance of World's on Fire is the best thing I've ever seen live.

beave

Coach
Saw them tonight. By my reckoning for the tenth or eleventh time.

f**k me. The best show I've seen them do. Absolutely unbelievable. Clint always had a sublime voice but he's gotten even better.

Tonight's performance of World's on Fire is the best thing I've ever seen live.
Yeah, amazing mate hey. Im seeing them again next thursday in Ipswich which will be a bit more intimate, cannot wait. I really hope they get back together and record some stuff. Im not a fan of ‘TFCOK’ but love absolutley everything before it.

Baz, have you heard Boges other band Like Theives?

Bazal

Post Whore
Yeah, amazing mate hey. Im seeing them again next thursday in Ipswich which will be a bit more intimate, cannot wait. I really hope they get back together and record some stuff. Im not a fan of ‘TFCOK’ but love absolutley everything before it.

Baz, have you heard Boges other band Like Theives?

Big fan mate. Filled the gap left by TBE in some way, and Brave the Day is one of my favourite songs.

They're not The Butterfly Effect, but they're still good. Probably more radio friendly but I've never minded that

And I have to say, did Rival Fire open at your gig? They absolutely killed it tonight.

beave

Coach
Big fan mate. Filled the gap left by TBE in some way, and Brave the Day is one of my favourite songs.

They're not The Butterfly Effect, but they're still good. Probably more radio friendly but I've never minded that

And I have to say, did Rival Fire open at your gig? They absolutely killed it tonight.

Yeah they opened mate,they were shitful on sunday in brisbane. The singer was hungover (told everyone over the mic), the crowd was pretty meh about them (so was I)

I think the singer is John Farnhams son?

Bazal

Post Whore
Yeah they opened mate,they were shitful on sunday in brisbane. The singer was hungover (told everyone over the mic), the crowd was pretty meh about them (so was I)

I think the singer is John Farnhams son?

Yeah he is Farnhams son. Can sing, bit of a ratbag though.

Shame they didn't do any good, they were brilliant tonight too.

Zigwaa

Bench
Anyone go to Download Festival on the weekend?

I went as part of a bucks party, what a great day. Everything was put together really well, had a different feel to Soundwave.

Gojira were amazing. Korn were great (was a bit drunk by this stage haha). Amon Amarth, Arch Enemy, were all good.

Limp Bizkit were a little disappointing, John Otto looks like he's put on 25kgs, DJ lethal has been in the good paddock too. Only played a handful of songs.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal

I went as part of a bucks party, what a great day. Everything was put together really well, had a different feel to Soundwave.

Gojira were amazing. Korn were great (was a bit drunk by this stage haha). Amon Amarth, Arch Enemy, were all good.

Limp Bizkit were a little disappointing, John Otto looks like he's put on 25kgs, DJ lethal has been in the good paddock too. Only played a handful of songs.

I didn't go because I thought the lineup was a bit shit but was hoping it would succeed in the hope I'd dig future lineups more. Good to hear it was a good setup, if they come back again with less focus on nu-metal/screamo type stuff and a bit more thrash/death/black/doom/classic metal I might be keen in future.

Vic Mackey

Referee

A chick from work who’s like 21 went and loved it. Weren’t the headliners like KoRn and Limp Bizkit? I was surprised she’d even heard of them!