What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We thought we had problems.

hewi

Bench
what about Parramatta? Very good cattle, maybe problems off field. I had them making the 8, doesn’t look like it at the moment.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Sure we have problems, but I would still take our circumstances over those of quite a few other teams.

In the grand scheme of things, Dragons problems are actually quite minor. We as a very very passionate fanbase demand perfection and voice this passion loudly, but I think we are better off than Parramatta (recent cap/board dilemma, 54-0 today), Manly (cap drama hanging over them, board fallout last year), Warriors (two excellent games, but does not erase years and years of instability just yet), Bulldogs (absolute shambles of board drama right now, 0-2 start even with fresh coach), Titans (coming out the other side of years of financial issues, Hayne and Henry fighting) and even Penrith (2-0 start is great, but too many players and juniors left for something not to be fishy, and Griffin is probably worse than MC).

We are a club who has underacheived with a coach who seems incapable of taking us all the way. We are tight as a player group and even as a club, we have relative stability right now, which is essential heading into selling negotiations. We aren't perfect but we aren't bad either.

hewi

Bench
Early days they will start coming good at the right end of the comp . Don't be surprised they come out and win next week . For me its very early to write a team off , but in saying that I'm glad we have started well ....

I hear you, however next week for them is IMO make or break you can’t afford to lose the first 3 games of the season and a 54 - 0 flogging is very bad for the for and against.

mickeylane

Bench
Parra were attrocious - no team can lose 54-0 and not say there are no problems ! I think Parra havent the forwards to do well this year - I actually picked them to feature in the 2018 GF but I'm prepared to jump off them today.. A team that gets done 54-0 during the season never goes on to win a Comp.. Dragons are a different proposition this year - we have a world class halfback and a team leader on the pitch in Graham plus we have no contract issues that were swirling around like Widdops saga last year and the long running DUGAN fiasco all distracting a team that was performing way beyond expectations during the first 12 weeks of the comp.
We are a settled team this year w good team harmony..
Bulldogs
Parra
Are in trouble early and something tells me that this comp will be a different kettle of fish from the past few years - I really can't see a clear cut favourite ..

hewi

Bench
I reckon this years comp has started with some of the best football I’ve seen . Teams that I thought would do well have flopped, the Knights, Warriors and Tigers better than most people were thinking. A tippers nightmare but great for rugby league.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Jeez, what about the love affair between the Trbojvitch brothers and Gould and Fitler.
if I was those two I'd wait till I got home to shower otherwise Phil and Brad would be joining them.

"They could of gone for a steam ........Not that there's anything wrong with that."

1jx2t5.jpg

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
The Hayne plane is still in the Hangar. They look woeful so far, but I'm backing they will come good. They don't have a home ground advantage this year which could be an underlying problem.

Sounds like the Hayne Plane will be on Aircrash Investigation next week!

I think signing Hayne was the start of their problems.
He has a way of disrupting team spirit.
Of course, l could be wrong .......... its happened before, albeit, a long time ago.

BennyV

Referee
Yes it is. Way too early to be writing any team off.

But imagine this place if we had started this year 0-2 and got lapped 54-0.
I’d be calling for Mary to be sacked.

Then again, we are 2-0 and on top of the table and I’m still calling for him to be sacked!

As we’ve agreed - it’s Round 2!

giboz71

First Grade
Sounds like the Hayne Plane will be on Aircrash Investigation next week!

I think signing Hayne was the start of their problems.
He has a way of disrupting team spirit.
Of course, l could be wrong .......... its happened before, albeit, a long time ago.

Got to wonder don’t you?

Neil Henry was regarded as a pretty fair coach too and he’s now unemployed since Hayne went to the Titans.

Eels certainly didn’t look like they were playing for each other today.

Amazing to think that at the end of next weekend, one of the Sharks and Eels will be 0-3.

Got to wonder don’t you?

Neil Henry was regarded as a pretty fair coach too and he’s now unemployed since Hayne went to the Titans.

Eels certainly didn’t look like they were playing for each other today.

Amazing to think that at the end of next weekend, one of the Sharks and Eels will be 0-3.

Eels.
Moses is the problem, there's no go in him at all. When manly scored one of thier many tries he rushed off his line 15 metres upfield and then just stood there when he realised the play went inside, no urgency to get back to the line, just stood there.

Him and Hayne are identical, they only play when they feel like it.