What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What’s this I am hearing?

carcharias

Immortal
Well I just named 5 kids that flano got from zilch to a premiership
All in the same team and all in the backline.

Eion

First Grade
I really don’t get why people try to diminish what was an axtraordinaty achievement in winning a GF.

We had the second least money to spend on football operations in the league. We had a culture and history of failure. We had some very good players, but mixed in were players considered to be largely washed up and untested younguns.

A lot has to go right to win the big one, but a large piece is the coach...in recruiting, retention, tactics, head space for players etc.

Anyone can go off the boil and are open to criticism. but why pretend flanno just got lucky. It’s weird.

RUBIKS

Juniors
Well I just named 5 kids that flano got from zilch to a premiership
All in the same team and all in the backline.
All of which are playing the same today as they were the day they debuted.

I didn't know winning a premiership was the be all and end all of being a superstar football player. 17 players win a premiership every year, plenty of them have been just a small cog in a large machine.

Not dissing Flanno for the machine, however he doesn't fine tune any cogs.

carcharias

Immortal
All of which are playing the same today as they were the day they debuted.

I didn't know winning a premiership was the be all and end all of being a superstar football player. 17 players win a premiership every year, plenty of them have been just a small cog in a large machine.

Not dissing Flanno for the machine, however he doesn't fine tune any cogs.
You said
“Flano hasn’t been able to develop any player in the backline”.
I named 5 blokes in the backline ( out of a possible 7) who went from no NRL experience to winning a premiership under Flano.

I could’ve added Barba
Flano got him from unwanted & virtually washed up, to almost career best form.

I’d call that fine tuned

carcharias

Immortal
I think flanno needs to fine tune his game plan instead of attempting to play people like the player before them in 2016.

Play people to their strengths, don’t try to emulate someone else.
Well
I think he did with Val
Nobody else was really there for fullback last year
He got one got and f**ked it this year so Dugan got a go.

Personally I’d be putting hogkison at 6
Moylan to fullback
and Dugan to centre
Val stay in wing
Him and Val went well together for Australia there.
Or get barba back pronto

MilkShark

First Grade
Personally I’d be putting hogkison at 6
Moylan to fullback
and Dugan to centre
Val stay in wing
Him and Val went well together for Australia there.
Or get barba back pronto
Yep that’s the exact team I’d be going with too. I’d also have Ramien in over Leutele and Katoa over Feki. That’d be 2 amazing centre wing combos right there.

I really don’t get why people try to diminish what was an axtraordinaty achievement in winning a GF.

We had the second least money to spend on football operations in the league. We had a culture and history of failure. We had some very good players, but mixed in were players considered to be largely washed up and untested younguns.

A lot has to go right to win the big one, but a large piece is the coach...in recruiting, retention, tactics, head space for players etc.

Anyone can go off the boil and are open to criticism. but why pretend flanno just got lucky. It’s weird.

I posted this before i fear we heading down same path Souths did after the won in 2014.

They waited so long to return to winners circle for us it was out first win.
Both teams next season bow out week 1 of finals
Both lost crucial players and didnt adapt how they played.
Souths then failed to make finals next 2 years and Maguire then gone, i hope that dosent happen to us, my fear Flanno has reached the top of mountain and maybe a new challenge could be what he wants.

I think flanno needs to fine tune his game plan instead of attempting to play people like the player before them in 2016.

Play people to their strengths, don’t try to emulate someone else.

Bingo Moylan loves the quick play, look how fast he got the pass to Feki for the try, he needs us making quick play the balls and fast service from dummy half, or at least creative from dummy half

Eion

First Grade
I posted this before i fear we heading down same path Souths did after the won in 2014.

They waited so long to return to winners circle for us it was out first win.
Both teams next season bow out week 1 of finals
Both lost crucial players and didnt adapt how they played.
Souths then failed to make finals next 2 years and Maguire then gone, i hope that dosent happen to us, my fear Flanno has reached the top of mountain and maybe a new challenge could be what he wants.
I doubt he wants a new challenge, but who knows how it plays out. I’m certainly a ways off sharpening my knives yet though....maybe if there’s 2 years of missing finals like Madge.

TRIALS

Juniors
Dugans ball playing is on par with mine.
Moylan was the right choice but it's too late now.

MilkShark

First Grade
Bingo Moylan loves the quick play, look how fast he got the pass to Feki for the try, he needs us making quick play the balls and fast service from dummy half, or at least creative from dummy half
Exactly, we can’t structure Moylan. That’s taking away what it is that makes him so lethal, the ability to play what he see’s in front of him with the defense on the back foot.

I doubt he wants a new challenge, but who knows how it plays out. I’m certainly a ways off sharpening my knives yet though....maybe if there’s 2 years of missing finals like Madge.

I wont be waiting to miss the finals for 2 years, i can accept missing finals if have huge injury crisis, but we have squad that should be in the finals, what worries me maybe we are keeping guys a year too long, The New England Patriots have policy better see a player leave 1 year too soon then 1 year too late

Exactly, we can’t structure Moylan. That’s taking away what it is that makes him so lethal, the ability to play what he see’s in front of him with the defense on the back foot.

And Flanno is a coach that loves structure, ironically Flanno coaching Canberra would give them that structure which would see them win close games

MilkShark

First Grade
And Flanno is a coach that loves structure, ironically Flanno coaching Canberra would give them that structure which would see them win close games
Yes he is, which is why I’m not sure why he bought Moylan if he wants to play with structure.

We have a back line that should pile on points but if flano is going to hold them back we will go back 3 or 4 years and grind out games.

Yes he is, which is why I’m not sure why he bought Moylan if he wants to play with structure.

We have a back line that should pile on points but if flano is going to hold them back we will go back 3 or 4 years and grind out games.

I dont think the players want to grind wins out again, trying to get the to buy back into that might be too hard, Flanno couldnt get them to do it last year, the players are a year older now and our crucial forwards are all very much closer to retirement

MilkShark

First Grade
I dont think the players want to grind wins out again, trying to get the to buy back into that might be too hard, Flanno couldnt get them to do it last year, the players are a year older now and our crucial forwards are all very much closer to retirement
Definitely they don’t. But they’re looking for someone to spark the attack. I think only Moylan can give us that, but he needs to be allowed to.

Definitely they don’t. But they’re looking for someone to spark the attack. I think only Moylan can give us that, but he needs to be allowed to.

And to help Moylan spark the attack playing him fullback will help, he gets out of the defensive line, problem is we need f/e then