What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The RLIF mid season test shambles

roughyedspud

Coach
For years we've begged for a dedicated,global,mid season test weekend..

Nations have begged for more games..

Last May, the RLIF in coordination with the NRL & SL,who created a blank weekend in their competition fixtures,announced the creation of the RLIF mid season test weekend for June 22,23,24th..

As it stands only
Tonga v Samoa,png v lebanon & England v nz is confirmed...though certain parties are trying their hardest to get England v nz cancelled!..and I'm with mascord,for once,if it gets cancelled I'm done..

Fiji are fighting over money,cooks are whinging..all the European teams are scratching their arses!..I've just swapped wall posts with RLi who seemed oblivious to the mid season test weekend and are waiting for the RLIF to confirm their END OF SEASON GAMES!

what the f**k is wrong with this sport?

jim_57

Staff member
For years we've begged for a dedicated,global,mid season test weekend..

Nations have begged for more games..

Last May, the RLIF in coordination with the NRL & SL,who created a blank weekend in their competition fixtures,announced the creation of the RLIF mid season test weekend for June 22,23,24th..

As it stands only
Tonga v Samoa,png v lebanon & England v nz is confirmed...though certain parties are trying their hardest to get England v nz cancelled!..and I'm with mascord,for once,if it gets cancelled I'm done..

Fiji are fighting over money,cooks are whinging..all the European teams are scratching their arses!..I've just swapped wall posts with RLi who seemed oblivious to the mid season test weekend and are waiting for the RLIF to confirm their END OF SEASON GAMES!

what the f**k is wrong with this sport?

I'm pretty close to taking a step back as well to be honest mate, I have mentally already a little bit. The self interest is killing it for me, we have seen the most competitive World Cup, which is what we've all been hoping for for years, thinking it would change things. Unfortunatley the only people with any real power seem as insular and threatened by change as ever.

adamkungl

Immortal
If the NRL gives the clubs their blessing to not release players for Denver, I'm going to seriously consider ending all financial support of the NRL and its clubs.
No more going to games, no more season tickets, no more merch, no more foxtel.

That money can be used to support people and organisations within Rugby League that aren't actively opposed to the sport as a whole, as the NRL appears to be.

deluded pom?

Coach
I’ve put it on the TRL forum about boycotting the NRL app and club merchandise if the block is successful.

roughyedspud

Coach
So the plot thickens..

I've swapped messages from a Official at RLi who said Ireland don't have a game cos the RLIF haven't arranged one for them...

So I got on the old email machine and emailed Dave Collier who replied..

Bi laterals are purely for the nations to organise Simon . The European Federation organises the European Championships and World Cup qualifiers . Nations apply when they have agreed with an opponent for a match to be sanctioned .

Regards

David Collier

So games outside of Official competition...like mid season tests,tour games etc...are for national bodies to arrange between themselves.....which I knew was always the case...so why don't NGBs?

Last edited:

deluded pom?

Coach
So the plot thickens..

I've swapped messages from a Official at RLi who said Ireland don't have a game cos the RLIF haven't arranged one for them...

So I got on the old email machine and emailed Dave Collier who replied..

So games outside of Official competition...like mid season tests,tour games etc...are for national bodies to arrange between themselves.....which I knew was always the case...so why don't NGBs?
But they still have to have any match they arrange ratified by the RLIF.

KokoRugbyLeague

Juniors
NRL is just too important sorry guys but the super league and denver test is meaningless. I want to watch quality and damn the NRL is quality. Sorry the billion dollar game is dishing some classics for the first three rounds.

roughyedspud

Coach
Melbourne v north qld the other night was shocking quality..neither side could keep hold of the ball...and these are the two best team in the comp..

KokoRugbyLeague

Juniors
Well they aren't the two form teams in the comp. Your super league teams should watch how play rugby league against high class personnel like the west tigers not the white towel effort that leeds showed in the wcc and they are your best team. Did you watch the qld derby, the newcastle-manly r1 classic or wests effort upon effort performances lately. Geez the NRL is where its at. Just accept it the NRL are the game with all the bitching at the moment. Heres a solution to the denver test just put super league and reserves. The NRL at the moment red hot.

StadiumXIII

Juniors
I'm pretty close to taking a step back as well to be honest mate, I have mentally already a little bit. The self interest is killing it for me, we have seen the most competitive World Cup, which is what we've all been hoping for for years, thinking it would change things. Unfortunatley the only people with any real power seem as insular and threatened by change as ever.
@roughyedspud what will we all do? switch to Union? at least they can get their balance right between club and international.

StadiumXIII

Juniors
Don't let the door hit you in the ass when you leave league. Go to union your prob come back when those union fellas don't pay you enough. Anyways why can't you just support an NRL team or an origin they might not be poms but they are the best of the best of both codes.
This is for rugby league to grow, so much for losing fans who actually want the sport to spread far and wide instead of remain in it's current state. This isn't about poms, the Denver test is exposure for rugby league. If we had your mentality we may as well be supporting AFL.

Latest posts