What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange possibly troubling lump

So made a thread to ask if anyone had ever experienced a possible pimple under the skin, it's fairly hard but painless

Inner thigh area

Already seen a Dr just wondering if anyone else has experienced such a thing

myrrh ken

First Grade
what are you expecting? Could be a cyst, cancer or something else.

Go get a second opinion. Insist on a biopsy or a scan.

Last edited:

bileduct

Coach
Could be a sebaceous cyst, lipoma or an enlarged lymph node.

Inner thigh is a pretty common area for these to a appear. I had one a few weeks back. My doc said it was just a cyst probably caused by an ingrown hair and that it would go away on its own. She was right.

Last edited:
Could be a sebaceous cyst, lipoma or an enlarged lymph node.

Inner thigh is a pretty common area for these to a appear. I had one a few weeks back. My doc said it was just a cyst probably caused by an ingrown hair and that it would go away on its own. She was right.
I'll have to look into these alternate possibilities

I've survived cancer once, I'm more than a bit scared of having to face it again

My fear isn't really about me....I have a 3 year old girl, I don't want to be gone

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
I'll have to look into these alternate possibilities

I've survived cancer once, I'm more than a bit scared of having to face it again

My fear isn't really about me....I have a 3 year old girl, I don't want to be gone
I know how you feel. If your doc is aware of your medical history and isn't sending you off for an ultrasound at the least and a biopsy, find a new gp.

What you've experienced would make you a bit paranoid. The weird thing would be if you weren't.

I know how you feel. If your doc is aware of your medical history and isn't sending you off for an ultrasound at the least and a biopsy, find a new gp.

What you've experienced would make you a bit paranoid. The weird thing would be if you weren't.
She told me to get an ultrasound in a fortnight

Checked all the lymph node spots throughout the torso and thinks it's likely an ingrown hair however it isn't visible or a lymph node from a minor foot infection

Almost feels like her probabilities but it's just under the skin, a bit deeper than normal in the fatty zone

I really dislike that my mind thinks it's likely cancer, though in probably paranoid

Also doctors aren't easy to come by in Hobart

They have a set number as once it hits said number everyone not on the list is locked out

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
She told me to get an ultrasound in a fortnight

Checked all the lymph node spots throughout the torso and thinks it's likely an ingrown hair however it isn't visible or a lymph node from a minor foot infection

Almost feels like her probabilities but it's just under the skin, a bit deeper than normal in the fatty zone

I really dislike that my mind thinks it's likely cancer, though in probably paranoid
If you have a referral, make the trip to the pathologist sooner. You're not paranoid mate, you're being proactive..

Shorty

Staff member
How is it going? I agree with senses that better to get it checked just to be sure.

Just a few things to put you ease a bit.
I had what you described and it was a sebaceous cyst.

I'm in health (not a doctor) and have referred my patients for lumps before, one time it did turn out to be cancer and I knew by the feel of it that it wasn't right.

Your doctor would be the same surely, also she's checked your lympnodes so she's looking for signs of infection just incase, so she was trying to be thorough.

Make sure you keep us posted.

How is it going? I agree with senses that better to get it checked just to be sure.

Just a few things to put you ease a bit.
I had what you described and it was a sebaceous cyst.

I'm in health (not a doctor) and have referred my patients for lumps before, one time it did turn out to be cancer and I knew by the feel of it that it wasn't right.

Your doctor would be the same surely, also she's checked your lympnodes so she's looking for signs of infection just incase, so she was trying to be thorough.

Make sure you keep us posted.
It's gotten softer and smaller...I think

Looked at all the info including pics of what may be

There's not a mark, it's just like looking at man thigh, can't even see a hole for hair to come out of, no discoloration nor pain from pressing it

Not a mark,too small to see...... I've never seen a pimple be so blind.... it's f**king bizarre....

Latest posts