What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Its time to talk about Khawaja

JJ

Immortal
bump - lol

He still has things to prove, I guess, but that was a good innings - in good batting conditions, but England couldn't do similar

Eelectrica

Referee
I wanted to believe. I thought the 75 he scored in the second innings of the 2nd test was the start of something. The light at the end of the tunnel was an oncoming train.

The team we have is good enough for 3rd best in the world. Not too bad, but if we want to go higher we need to find better players. No 3 needs to be more consistent.

TheParraboy

Staff member
We got SL (2 tests) and India (4 tests) next summer

lots of good quality spinners in those line ups...

Front-Rower

First Grade
I'm sure if we asked nicely enough, Kane Williamson would come over this side of the ditch to bat 3 for us..

Iafeta

Referee
With Khawaja, I think he tries the whole balance and head still thing to such an extent that his footwork is tentative. It works fine on roads. If the ball behaves his balance is excellent and he will generally time the ball. The second it seams of spins his footwork isn’t far enough forward to negate it, so he’s a Knick off or leg before candidate.

That’s kind of why I mention Graeme Hick. Like Khawaja he was a very good bat against lesser bowlers or on flat decks.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
With Khawaja, I think he tries the whole balance and head still thing to such an extent that his footwork is tentative. It works fine on roads. If the ball behaves his balance is excellent and he will generally time the ball. The second it seams of spins his footwork isn’t far enough forward to negate it, so he’s a Knick off or leg before candidate.

That’s kind of why I mention Graeme Hick. Like Khawaja he was a very good bat against lesser bowlers or on flat decks.

yeh, his front foot gets forward but the weight stays on the back foot so he is reaching for the ball but the head is not getting behind the ball and having to face right arm bowlers bowling across him in RSA they are exploiting his weakness

he used to look good when he got forward and got his head over the top of the ball but he doesn't seem to do that any more

Eelectrica

Referee
Khawaja's Christmas's have all come at once. He's in the team for the next 12 months no matter how many runs he doesn't score and how many catches he drops.

Latest posts