What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penalty Blitz

TheFrog

Coach
Gould blew up about a storm knock on... how could it be a knock on. Replay clearly shows storm player hitting the ball out the sharks players hand.
I thought it was bleeding obvious that Nine pay Gould a salary to behave in a certain way on air, that way being loud and opinionated, because that is what the audience wants, even though most of them don't realise it. It's the oldest trick in the book in entertainment.

OldPanther

Coach
I thought it was bleeding obvious that Nine pay Gould a salary to behave in a certain way on air, that way being loud and opinionated, because that is what the audience wants, even though most of them don't realise it. It's the oldest trick in the book in entertainment.

I said it last year on social media and I'm surprised it took this long for someone else to say it. How people don't see it is beyond me.

M2D2

Bench
And now weve come full circle and panthers fans are saying Gus is just saying silly things cause 9 pays him.

TheFrog

Coach
And now weve come full circle and panthers fans are saying Gus is just saying silly things cause 9 pays him.
Do you have a job M2D2? If so, does your employer just continue to pay you if he/she is not happy with your performance, or do they tell you to improve? The fact that Gould continues the way he is would suggest Nine are more than happy with him exactly as he is. It can't be that hard to understand.

SBD82

Coach
Do you have a job M2D2? If so, does your employer just continue to pay you if he/she is not happy with your performance, or do they tell you to improve? The fact that Gould continues the way he is would suggest Nine are more than happy with him exactly as he is. It can't be that hard to understand.
You're only working on a theory though.

If that is in fact the strategy by 9, it's a poor one. I no longer watch 9's coverage because their commentary team is so poor. And when I do happen to catch them, it's Gould who stands out as the worst of the bunch.

M2D2

Bench
Kind of a faulty theory.
You see, just because 9 pays him, doesnt mean that Gus is dialing up his opinions to 11 for ratings, nor does it mean channel 9 agrees with those opinions.
Because nobody really wants to hear him on commentary. Hell if im not at the game. I tend to mute channel 9 if hes on it.
No worse than Buzz complaining all last year about the refs and this year saying 2017 was fine go back to that.
Oh dude. If you think Sharks fans have a soft spot for buzz cause he supports the sharks. You are sorely mistaken. We hate that f**ker too.

OldPanther

Coach
Kind of a faulty theory.
You see, just because 9 pays him, doesnt mean that Gus is dialing up his opinions to 11 for ratings, nor does it mean channel 9 agrees with those opinions.
Because nobody really wants to hear him on commentary. Hell if im not at the game. I tend to mute channel 9 if hes on it.

Oh dude. If you think Sharks fans have a soft spot for buzz cause he supports the sharks. You are sorely mistaken. We hate that f**ker too.

Wow. It's a special skill to burn all your bridges. Poor buzz.

Norths Tiger

Juniors
And yet the two games yesterday were not reffed to the same strictness as the friday games, nowhere near in fact. There were dozens of offsides and not square at markers not pulled up yesterday and a pierce blow up at the ref not marched 10. It’s no wonder the players have no idea wtf is going on.

You said you'd stop watching until Rd 12. NRL (hopefully) knows a lot of the bluster is just that and any threats of not watching/attending are (mostly) hollow.

simmo05

Bench
not yesterday they didn’t. The most blatant one was when a player was stood 1/2 meter in front of the line right next to the ref. Sadly the fox camera angles rarely show the wide shot at play the ball so we dont get to see exactly how many times players are offside but I was keeping an eye on it yesterday and I counted about 20 across the two games were players were in front of the try line at pob’s inside the 10 that weren’t penalised.
Wasnt golden point, thats why!

mave

Coach
If the refs had had this "crackdown" in the NRL, it makes me wonder why they don't bother with it in the Intrust Cup.
Just watched the Wenty v Maggies and there are blokes offside, not square, etc, and not necessarily being penalised.

Willie Ray

Bench
No worse than Buzz complaining all last year about the refs and this year saying 2017 was fine go back to that.
I know...it's unbelievable the amount of journos and commentators who make absolutely ridiculous comments on the game,the other week Rothfield called Isaac Luke "that fella that used to play for Souths",Kent is just a negative whinger looking for an argument,Crawley has no idea at all,Hooper is as dumb as a post and the commentators,Hodges,Anasta,Gasnier,Walters,Parker and Blocker[what the f**k is an agut?] are forcing fans to use the mute button.
there is more commonsense and passion for the game on this forum.
my two cent rant's probably in the wrong thread but anyway.....

OldPanther

Coach
I know...it's unbelievable the amount of journos and commentators who make absolutely ridiculous comments on the game,the other week Rothfield called Isaac Luke "that fella that used to play for Souths",Kent is just a negative whinger looking for an argument,Crawley has no idea at all,Hooper is as dumb as a post and the commentators,Hodges,Anasta,Gasnier,Walters,Parker and Blocker[what the f**k is an agut?] are forcing fans to use the mute button.
there is more commonsense and passion for the game on this forum.
my two cent rant's probably in the wrong thread but anyway.....

Nah it was a good comment.

Perth Red

Post Whore
You said you'd stop watching until Rd 12. NRL (hopefully) knows a lot of the bluster is just that and any threats of not watching/attending are (mostly) hollow.

I had a one day boycott lol but had a lazy day yesterday so tuned into the two games. If they had both been bludgers like Friday’s then I can promise my viewing would becoming increasingly spartan. The refs putting the whistle away yesterday made the games watchable again unlike Friday’s games. But that doesn’t solve the inconsistency issue, why weren’t yesterdays games reffed same as Friday’s?

cleary89

Coach
If the refs had had this "crackdown" in the NRL, it makes me wonder why they don't bother with it in the Intrust Cup.
Just watched the Wenty v Maggies and there are blokes offside, not square, etc, and not necessarily being penalised.

I watched u8s on the weekend and it didn't happen there either!

OldPanther

Coach
I had a one day boycott lol but had a lazy day yesterday so tuned into the two games. If they had both been bludgers like Friday’s then I can promise my viewing would becoming increasingly spartan. The refs putting the whistle away yesterday made the games watchable again unlike Friday’s games. But that doesn’t solve the inconsistency issue, why weren’t yesterdays games reffed same as Friday’s?

Because those teams were more disciplined.

T-Boon

Coach
Coaches win, the refs have slackened off. Parra were offside all day. It was a total waste of time.

Except the Cam Smith binning.

Latest posts