What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 5 vs Storm @ Mt Smart Stadium

Who will win? Round 5: Wests Tigers v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One concern to come out of the Parra game was the way Tony Williams terrorised or left side when they got him running out wide. It reminded me of days gone by. Surely every coach in the comp will now try the same thing. I can see Solamona being used in the same role, although I think he plays on their left side. Anyway just a area that could some grief

Only because the big merkin ran at the smallest bloke in our team when he got isolated, and even then he cut him in half once.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Read somewhere tigers take home 400k+ profit by taking this game to NZ

Compared to barely if any if it was played at Leichhardt
Goh and Pascoe really are fpcufoc on the bottom line as well as culture. If that figure is accurate, taking the game on the road really is a no brainer.

macnaz

Staff member
Im now a bit concerned that the penalty blizt is over , even though we got hammered in the penalties against them last time there was still some attempt to prevent the storm using their normal wrestling and offside tactics. I think we will see the storm back to their old tactics :(

Das Hassler

Bench
Im now a bit concerned that the penalty blizt is over , even though we got hammered in the penalties against them last time there was still some attempt to prevent the storm using their normal wrestling and offside tactics. I think we will see the storm back to their old tactics :(

Perhaps but the flipside is that Smith appears to have had his honourary refereeing ticket suspended

Tiger05

First Grade
We were a little unlucky in that half. There is no way they deserved that last shot at us but we should have been prepared for that.

Aloiai has been a beast. He has to be in the team which means that a middle player has to miss out. He is playing a lot better up the middle. I think he is just a bash and barge player and trying to get him playing out wide he is too inconsistent.

Benji has been all over the place. Some great plays but way too many dud plays. Brooks has been good.

We are in this game.

Benji has been all over the place. Some great plays but way too many dud plays.
He actually looks like he needs a break, who we got next week?

We have been unlucky and very lucky as has Melbourne.

Das Hassler

Bench
Why Benji needs to be off the bench longterm....he needs the ebb and flow of Mr fixit challenges to keep him focussed

ouryears

Bench
Nearly a carbon copy of last game minus the penalties. Storm looked clueless in attack and their only try was a cheeky kick off a scrum before half time. Brooks outstanding in the second half.
You guys, wow, just wow
Good on you Tigers!

Slater, Smith, Bellamy LOL

axl rose

Bench
Missed the game. Heard Brooks played particularly well. Hope you enjoyed it guys and are recovering well from your heart attacks.

Tiger05

First Grade
Great to know the reserve grade is firing too.

IC has some big decisions to make really soon.

1. Fonua and Nofo are killing it on the wings and give great go forward.
2. ET comes back soon. Aloiai was great today but he played up the middle. Packer and Matulino as starting props. ET as starting lock. The bench to me should be two middle players, chee-kam and Liddle. That means one of Eisenhuth, Aloiai or Twal miss out on a spot. I think you have to play Aloiai because he has the best leg drive out of all our props and he can pull off a hit. Twal or Eisenhuth have to go to reserve grade.
3. Reynolds coming back. Assuming he plays off the bench then do you sack Godinet.

We have a lot of depth and that creates selection headaches.

particularly well.
He was MOM in my opinion, he was simply outstanding.

As Tiger05 said, Aloiai, Brooks and Lawrence were our best, but it was a team effort, all forwards were very good, backs scrambled well because they had to.

Great to spoil 2 Storm milestone games 3 weeks apart and apparently it's the 1st time Tigers have beaten Storm twice in a season.

Reynolds to 6, Marshall to the bench, Reynolds to 9 to give Liddle a break. Only issue is that Reynolds must only return if hammie is 110%.

Nofo to wing, Thompson to other wing for MWZ.

Forwards, gee, I have no idea what he does there.
I guess he can always reward guys who are border line selections with frequent flyer points by naming them as 18 & 19 man like Sue today.

Latest posts