What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Gareth67

First Grade
It's truly time for McGregor to show his worth as a coach. We deserve more of this winning culture. Enjoy this and give credit where it is due but don't forget the pain and disappointment that we endured due to poor management and coaching in the past.

I believe I know what you mean , when I was just a little country bumpkin and got into trouble my mother would say - " now open your mouth wide Cecil , mummy has got a nice surprise for you " and down would go a bloody big tablespoon of castor oil . The taste still lingers after all these years .

ouryears

Bench
Does anyone else hate the look of DCE long neck? And those beedy little eyes?
And the way he speaks?
I find him highly annoying to watch on tv.
Sorry, off topic.
Yes exactly, and he looks like he should be riding a scooter with a bag of lollies, he looks like 13 yrs old. Lucky thing!

THE CHAMP

First Grade
The
I believe I know what you mean , when I was just a little country bumpkin and got into trouble my mother would say - " now open your mouth wide Cecil , mummy has got a nice surprise for you " and down would go a bloody big tablespoon of castor oil . The taste still lingers after all these years .

The taste of castor oil right?

ozbuck

Juniors
No you missed my point. When we were losing it had nothing to do with Mary. And now we are winning it still has nothing to do with Mary. You see, the coach doesn't mean a whole lot in NRL. We were losing last year because of McCrone and co. This year we are winning because of Hunt and co. Don't tell me anything has changed in Mary's coaching? Has it?

That's a damned if you do damned if you don't approach.

To say it has nothing to do with Mary is worse than saying when we were losing he was part of the problem. Seriously. To say he has no impact either way is the ultimate (and unjustified imo) insult.

If his game plan and coaching hasn't changed since last year, then it must have been a successful one that was just waiting for a couple of changers in players to make it click.

I'm not saying we're going to win the comp definitely this year, but he deserves credit.

If I've misunderstood your point let me know

Reactions: jak

Crush

Coach
I think Mary is a mediocre coach with a good roster. And he should get credit or at least some credit for assembling that roster.
He's not a bad coach, not a great coach, he's just another of the many OK coaches in the NRL. I think with the right roster all of the OK coaches are capable of winning the comp.
Evidence of this is Ricky Stuart, Madge McGuire, Flanno of recent times.
The great coaches will win multiple comps sure but that isn't to say that the rest of the pack can't win a comp.
That is all.

Bench
Now we have the team that will go places Mary needs to insure there is a pathway for players like Lomax, Host and the rest are managed to give them the chance at a first grade spot

rednwhites

Juniors
The reality is he is here because he signed a long enough contract to save him.

As far as his tenure...it is simply the waiting game as far as us fans are concerned.

We all probably have our own 'pass level' for him this year. For me it's top four finish and to be able to compete satisfactorily in finals. Anything less...sack him. He would have had a good shot by then.

In reality, I feel if we make the finals this year he is safe as far as the club is concerned, as that would be an improvement.

Now let's all wait and see, and hope he is actually made of the right stuff.

BennyV

Referee
I think Mary is a mediocre coach with a good roster. And he should get credit or at least some credit for assembling that roster.
He's not a bad coach, not a great coach, he's just another of the many OK coaches in the NRL. I think with the right roster all of the OK coaches are capable of winning the comp.
Evidence of this is Ricky Stuart, Madge McGuire, Flanno of recent times.
The great coaches will win multiple comps sure but that isn't to say that the rest of the pack can't win a comp.
That is all.
He said himself that’s on recruitment. That was when he was trying to shift blame, not claim glory!

MilanDragon

Juniors
He would adapt and find another way.
He is already compensating for the loss of Cronk, McLean and the departure last season of Proctor.
You can theorize about what if, but you can't deny his results.
I don't like Melbourne's style but I respect Bellamy as a coach.
Wish we had him at the dragons instead of MacGregor.

He certainly is compensating by sitting outside the 8 for the first time in about 3-4 years.

I think Bellamy is a very good coach but even he is struggling without a 7.

Crush

Coach
Quote.
Crush.
'You see, the coach doesn't mean a whole lot in NRL'

Crush, a coach HAS to make a difference.

West Tigers?
Wests Tigers are tackling very well. But they have the 2nd least amount of points in the comp after 5 rounds. They will need to start finding the tryline if they want to be contenders.
But yes, Cleary has had a positive impact on the tiges thats for sure.

Drag Queen

Bench
Does anyone else hate the look of DCE long neck? And those beedy little eyes?
And the way he speaks?
I find him highly annoying to watch on tv.
Sorry, off topic.
Too funny Crush. I say that to my other half every time he plays. Small head on that long neck. Definitely not Gladstone Small :p