What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Far Cry 5

Iafeta

Referee
Looks great. Redneck hillbillies comes to Far Cry carnage. Love Far Cry, magic!

OVP

Coach
haha Redneck Rampage 2.

Yep me too. The mechanics of the game are sweet. Love takedowns and stealth in Far Cry.

From what I've been hearing this will be different to 3 and 4. Vehicles will be customisable at repair shops, which means they break down and need to be fixed and no radio towers to reveal the area map. Hopefully they blend in the map from Far Cry 2 too, which will mean the whole map is available from the start, and viewing it is in real time. Perhaps even having a dog too. Sounds like they are implementing stuff from Far Cry 2, which i loved because of how totally immersive it was. Cant wait, but need to upgrade my pc i bet.

Last edited:

Eelectrica

Referee
Not really my game or my series, don't have any use for Ubisoft in general truth be told, but god damn the butt hurt this has already produced is freakin hilarious.
Entertainment on its own watching the poor little delicate snowflakes get all outraged over it.

Haffa

Thoughts so far?

I have only played 3-4 hours worth but I’ve enjoyed it so far. Very much your standard FarCry game despite the marketing telling you otherwise. Perhaps that will change with more game time.

AJB1102

First Grade
Thoughts so far?

I have only played 3-4 hours worth but I’ve enjoyed it so far. Very much your standard FarCry game despite the marketing telling you otherwise. Perhaps that will change with more game time.

Worth grabbing now or waiting a couple weeks for patches? Most games seem to release a bit under done.

Enjoying it a lot

My PC needed to be cleaned to play it but runs fine now

The graphics are immense

Getting a few good laughs in at a certain driving set piece which takes the piss out of itself

Eelementary

Post Whore
Struggling big time to beat John Seed's bunker.

Those armoured twats with the machine guns destroy me every time.

perverse

Referee
Are you playing it on Hard, Eele? I've found the game almost embarrassingly easy on Normal. Once I had earned about 20-30k (not hard at all) and bought an LMG and the 50 cal with all the upgrades, I basically became Rambo. Not really a complaint, I don't play a game like this to be pushed with the challenge per se, but I'd be interested to know what the difficulty gap is between Normal and Hard... because I might give it another playthrough.

Are you playing it on Hard, Eele? I've found the game almost embarrassingly easy on Normal. Once I had earned about 20-30k (not hard at all) and bought an LMG and the 50 cal with all the upgrades, I basically became Rambo. Not really a complaint, I don't play a game like this to be pushed with the challenge per se, but I'd be interested to know what the difficulty gap is between Normal and Hard... because I might give it another playthrough.
My hard playthrough will be as a girl

Because why not

Atm I'm a blonde Male with a mullet

Eelementary

Post Whore

Nope! I'm embarrassed to say that I'm on Normal.

I have a shotgun, a sub-machine gun, and a pistol, all fully done up.

I can get into his bunker easily enough, but once inside, those armoured guys with the machine guns tear me to bits.

I have tried throwing grenades and molotov at them, but nothing.

I don't know what to do! I just can't get deep enough into the bunker to save my partner.

I can get into his bunker easily enough, but once inside, those armoured guys with the machine guns tear me to bits.

I don't know what to do! I just can't get deep enough into the bunker to save my partner.
Go for the head and don't rush

perverse

Referee

Get some real guns dude! Go fishing/hunting/prepper stashing for an hour or so, make bank, get yourself an M60 and a .50 Cal sniper, trick them out with silencers and your optics of choice... and go lay waste to the joint.

It's a game where you should take some time to smell the roses and cruise around doing side quests rather than just powering through the main storyline, imo. You get a LOT of benefit from doing so, too. Personally I don't kill the leader of an area until I've mostly cleared the board of side quests, although I don't think that level of OCD is necessary.

lol... I've been having so much fun with this game. The air-drop fast travel + wingsuit is a game changer. I'm up to my final area (doing Faith last on this playthrough) and just absolutely mincing everything in my path. This game is basically Rambo simulator.

I went through that place with the ak minus stock, reflex scope using the xbone controller

The second phase I used my nades and dynamite stash and laid waste to the computer room

Latest posts