What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Far Cry 5

redvscotty

First Grade
Nope! I'm embarrassed to say that I'm on Normal.

I have a shotgun, a sub-machine gun, and a pistol, all fully done up.

I can get into his bunker easily enough, but once inside, those armoured guys with the machine guns tear me to bits.

I have tried throwing grenades and molotov at them, but nothing.

I don't know what to do! I just can't get deep enough into the bunker to save my partner.

You can shoot the helmets off them, then headshot em.

redvscotty

First Grade
Get some real guns dude! Go fishing/hunting/prepper stashing for an hour or so, make bank, get yourself an M60 and a .50 Cal sniper, trick them out with silencers and your optics of choice... and go lay waste to the joint.

It's a game where you should take some time to smell the roses and cruise around doing side quests rather than just powering through the main storyline, imo. You get a LOT of benefit from doing so, too. Personally I don't kill the leader of an area until I've mostly cleared the board of side quests, although I don't think that level of OCD is necessary.

lol... I've been having so much fun with this game. The air-drop fast travel + wingsuit is a game changer. I'm up to my final area (doing Faith last on this playthrough) and just absolutely mincing everything in my path. This game is basically Rambo simulator.

Same deal for me but I've got a fully loaded AK and a fully loaded shotty.

Awesome fun.

AJB1102

First Grade
This shit is hectic. I go to partake in 1 shit fight and wind up in a dozen others along the way. Loving it!

Glad they seemed to have toned down the wildlife a bit compared to previous FC games. Boomer is a champ and big help on that front too.

This shit is hectic. I go to partake in 1 shit fight and wind up in a dozen others along the way. Loving it!

Glad they seemed to have toned down the wildlife a bit compared to previous FC games. Boomer is a champ and big help on that front too.
I found in my first area, the furthest south..... the helicopters are too much

redvscotty

First Grade

The helicopters deliberately ramp up after the second major story line part for that area. After you do the story line bit, the dude comes on over the radio and says the 'hunters' or whatever are out to get you and then the old bloke from the first bunker says to be careful. Once you clear the next part of the storyline, they tone down again.

AJB1102

First Grade

Yeah you're f**ked if you're out in the open without an RPG - even then you'd wanna aim up quick and hit first go. I found getting in dense forest with tall trees to be the best, you can get behind the trees for cover and duck out to let a few shots off trying to nail the pilot. You can also loose them completely.

The pricks with the flamethrowers are like the honey badgers of FC3 & 4; bulletproof and very deadly.

Yeah you're f**ked if you're out in the open without an RPG - even then you'd wanna aim up quick and hit first go. I found getting in dense forest with tall trees to be the best, you can get behind the trees for cover and duck out to let a few shots off trying to nail the pilot. You can also loose them completely.

The pricks with the flamethrowers are like the honey badgers of FC3 & 4; bulletproof and very deadly.
Explosive arrows f**k choppers every time

Far cry 5 logic

AJB1102

First Grade
Shoot their canisters about 10 times. They'll explode.

Yeah that works sometimes, usually they turn around and toast me though lol

I had a mission where I had to stealth it to save hostages. First sign of trouble they shoot the hostages. Went great until I encountered the flamethrower guy; managed to blow his tank up but the blast f**ked me real good and alerted the others.

Best I've found is head shot to remove the helmet then another to finish him but not easy.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Finally beat John's bunker!

I figured that I'd kill the armoured guys with the machine guns, and then take their guns - made the mission much easier.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Bit late to the party with this game but wow it’s fcking amazing!! All the missions are so different and the open worlds incredible. I love you can do it in any order you want and every mission you can either stealth or go in guns blazing.

Every mission I start throws up obstacles and I end up doing 12 other things on the way.

Picking which fighter to add to your roster adds new elements to everything.

I’m about 2/3s through Johns area, 1/2 way Jacobs and 1/3 through Faiths. Seriously just want to get home from work to play it.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Anybody played New Dawn yet? I’ve seen mixed reviews on it. Some people complain that it’s the same map, but to me it sounds like a cool concept. I think it’d be fun going over the same places and seeing how they’ve changed.

It seems a decent price so thinking I might grab it.

perverse

Referee
Anybody played New Dawn yet? I’ve seen mixed reviews on it. Some people complain that it’s the same map, but to me it sounds like a cool concept. I think it’d be fun going over the same places and seeing how they’ve changed.

It seems a decent price so thinking I might grab it.
Finished it. Honestly, wait for it on special. While it's technically on the same map, it's only about a third of the size of FC5's map (they took a slice of the old map, not the whole thing). Additionally, there's only about 10-12 hours of playtime there unless you're a mad completionist and think collecting shit you don't need is a good time. It is fun, don't get me wrong. It finishes the story off nicely carrying over from FC5, but it is over-priced. It should be a $30 DLC. Charging nearly full game price for it is a bit of a piss take for mine.