What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 6 2018 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
Another round of fascinating games. Is any team, apart from the Eels, seriously losing track with the rest of the competition? I do expect Parra to eventually turn it around though.

When you're in that losing mode every game looks daunting and this week is no different, they're away to the Raiders! That's the desperate dude match-up.

Gee, if the Storm lose at home to the Knights then their relative decline would be official. What a change from last year. I do think though, once Kaufusi and Funicane are fit and firing, then the Storm will look much better. It can't all be about Cronk and Harris.

Cows at home to the Dogs. Nearly the desperate dude match-up, who would've thought that?

Are the Dragons in for the game they 'have to lose'? Also, you'd think the Sharks are too good to be losing so much. Match of the round that, I reckon.

I don't expect the superbly coached Tigers to upset Manly at Brookvale, but then I thought that would be the case with the Tigers all year. They keep on surprising.

Wayne Bennett might be extra un-warm and cuddly this weekend. Are they an angry group this week? The Warriors have traditionally copped angry sides that are coming off a recent event that's fired them up more than usual. I'm scared.

Knights just got Fitzgibbon sent to bin when "Hollywood" Slater took a dive.
50/50 call as Slater play the ball attempt average but leg pulls normall6 get penalised.
Then with Slater quick tap SO close to the line Fitzgibbon couldn't help but grab Slaters shoulder.

Wow Dufty went looking for a gap at speed there and found it sprinting across the defensive line.

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
Dragons certainly rolling

I still like the Sharks, but losing Gallen, Graham and Fifita meant they had no chance... and TBH a halves pairing of Hodgkinson and Townsend really isn't going to get it done

They probably have to use Moylan at 6 and the Duges at fullback, unless Flanagan's kid or some other youngster is ready for the 6

Blair

Coach
Dragons certainly rolling

I still like the Sharks, but losing Gallen, Graham and Fifita meant they had no chance... and TBH a halves pairing of Hodgkinson and Townsend really isn't going to get it done

They probably have to use Moylan at 6 and the Duges at fullback, unless Flanagan's kid or some other youngster is ready for the 6

Moylan was making mistakes all night. I'm wondering if the Sharkies are thinking what they've shelled out all that coin for?

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Dragons have done their part.
Warriors need to hold up their end of the bargain going in undefeated.

What chance both teams being undefeated at the end of round 7? Stranger things have happened this year.

I noticed it's scheduled for that dud spot of 6PM for us AEST'ers. We can't blame the schedulers for not tee'ing it up for the prime Sunday 4PM slot. They simply didn't know this blockbuster is odds on to happen.

Awesome timeslot for the Shakies though. Broncos party-poopers?

Blair

Coach
Knights just got Fitzgibbon sent to bin when "Hollywood" Slater took a dive.
50/50 call as Slater play the ball attempt average but leg pulls normall6 get penalised.
Then with Slater quick tap SO close to the line Fitzgibbon couldn't help but grab Slaters shoulder.

A worrying status quo with the Storm in that sort of form and the Knights struggling. It's 2017 all over again.

Blair

Coach
I'm gonna be a sadist and enjoy the lack of synergy and on-field politics between JT and Morgan tonight.

I wouldn't be a sadist if the Warriors had won :confused:.

Edit: if it's any consolation to Warriors fans then last year's grand finalist's look like a rabble. They're even talking about bringing Carney in. Shouldn't they be sorting their curent halves combo out?

Last edited:

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Not a good night for "Ata watch" knocks on with the first touch and then turns it over on the last on the first run. Only got 8 or so minutes at Hooker.

Havili on the hands looks dangerous

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Haven't seen much footy recently but saw it all last night

Warriors v Broncos standard was 1000% higher than the other 2 games, all 4 sides were poor and making ordinary errors

Cowboys look extremely slow and predictable at the moment. Not that long ago Tallis and co were calling it the best forward pack they've ever seen, but they could put a dent in an aluminium can at the moment, and the halves they are shelling out 2 million for are playing like $2 halves, Morgan especially was diabolical

Parra, wow. For the first 25mins of the season they looked untouchable. Penrith ran them down, we flogged them and all of a sudden they have nothing, but will probably tip us up next week lol

Looking forward to Manly v Tigers today, we are hit pretty hard with injuries and squad depth isn't great so not expecting big things but Tom back will be a help

Blair

Coach
...Warriors v Broncos standard was 1000% higher than the other 2 games, all 4 sides were poor and making ordinary errors...

It's the most up for grabs premiership in years. All teams, especially long-suffering ones, should be genuinely excited about their prospects.

Even the Dragons, 2010 is a long time ago.

Blair

Coach
Monster Mash, Mutts v Marty T!

Tigers carving them up too, a few sour pusses in the crowd at Brookvale.

Tigers 86% possession after 16 mins. Manly 96 tackles to 14. It might even up if Manly get the ball!

Latest posts