What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DUFTY V DUGAN

Drag Queen

Bench
I think that he is carrying an injury and can't stretch out to full sprint.

Nonetheless. He was awful.[/QUO
That 1st try is something we’ve been missing for a while now. I however enjoyed his 2nd with the step at speed he put on Moylan. As they say you can’t coach speed.
It was a selfish try and it worked. Good for him that it worked out. I didn't see him looking around once for an offload.

It was a selfish try and it worked. Good for him that it worked out. I didn't see him looking around once for an offload.

There will be times later this season where you should hope and pray that the kid uses his speed to create something out of nothing.

His speed and elusiveness is what makes Dufty special. He can change the course of a game in the twinkling of an eye. He probed away, found a gap and split the defence before the defenders could react.

He is not a selfish player by nature.

What he is though is young and cocky, willing to back himself.

Keep it up Mat, back yourself. Only you understand how fast you can accelerate.

Crush

Coach
Sorry DQ I am a bit lost here. He created something out of nothing and through individual brilliance scored a try untouched. I fail to see how it was selfish? If he had 3 players dragging him down with a man unmarked outside yet still tried to score himself that would constitute a selfish try perhaps. He didn't need any assistance. He did it all himself easily.

Drag Queen

Bench
You are making yourself look stupid. lol Keep it up. lol

Dufty's 2 tries were sheer brilliance. I loved them, but you love Dugan. lol
Making myself look stupid FF? That's usually your domain. I thought his first try was that of a show pony, but not necessarily his second one. I have never once said I love Duges, but I'm not of the herd mentality that wants him strung out and quartered either. I'm actually impressed that you only managed two (lol) in one statement. I'm sure the original Frank Facer would truly be impressed with your 16 yr old diatribe.

Drag Queen

Bench
Sorry DQ I am a bit lost here. He created something out of nothing and through individual brilliance scored a try untouched. I fail to see how it was selfish? If he had 3 players dragging him down with a man unmarked outside yet still tried to score himself that would constitute a selfish try perhaps. He didn't need any assistance. He did it all himself easily.
He had back-up Crush but didn't even look for it. Luckily it worked out for him against a flat footed Sharks team but he may have just put a target on his back when we face tougher opposition. I watched the Tigers shut down Tom Trbojevic at every turn today. Just a thought.

Drag Queen

Bench
Seriously. Just stop. Dufty created something out of a play that had broken down. There was nothing "show pony" or "selfish" about it.

Your constant criticism of dufty and McInnes is pathetic. I hope they continue their early season form and continue to make you look foolish.
Jeezuz I hope you're right.

giboz71

First Grade

So players should look for support now when scoring a try untouched??

Just support the kid and admit you may have been wrong about him. Most of us in here bagged Aitken and are now his biggest fans.

We’re 6-0, just enjoy it.

And btw, the kid can pass, he has 5 try assists in his 12 FG games, more than Duges usually had for a season.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Making myself look stupid FF? That's usually your domain. I thought his first try was that of a show pony, but not necessarily his second one. I have never once said I love Duges, but I'm not of the herd mentality that wants him strung out and quartered either. I'm actually impressed that you only managed two (lol) in one statement. I'm sure the original Frank Facer would truly be impressed with your 16 yr old diatribe.
I'm not making you look stupid, you are doing a fine job of that all by yourself. lol

Last edited:

Drag Queen

Bench
So players should look for support now when scoring a try untouched??

Just support the kid and admit you may have been wrong about him. Most of us in here bagged Aitken and are now his biggest fans.

We’re 6-0, just enjoy it.

And btw, the kid can pass, he has 5 try assists in his 12 FG games, more than Duges usually had for a season.
No offence but only 5 try assists in 12 games isn't setting the world on fire. Dugan is definitely guilty of the same but his defense made up for it. For the record he isn't a kid if you compare him to a couple of other FBs in the game. I have never bagged Aitken.

ouryears

Bench
I think everyone around him were flat footed, the whole team were standing, no one was moving. He realised no one was in a better position than he was so no point passing the ball.

If someone was running or anyone was a bit deeper he may have.

Tries like he scored are amazing and wonderfully instinctive.

Go Dufty!

Drag Queen

Bench
I think everyone around him were flat footed, the whole team were standing, no one was moving. He realised no one was in a better position than he was so no point passing the ball.

If someone was running or anyone was a bit deeper he may have.

Tries like he scored are amazing and wonderfully instinctive.

Go Dufty!
Alright I'll concede, even though I thought it was touch footy. Long shift and I'm buggered.