What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slater should be sin binned for taking a dive.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Slater has taken 2 dives this season, resulting in opposition players being sin binned on both occasions. This is a blight on the game and should be rectified before it happens again. We have the video refs. They should be able to detect that a player has taken a dive and reverse the decision and send the player who took the dive to the sin bin. If that was the case, then I doubt that Slater will do it again. Players being sin binned when opposition players have taken a dive is wrong. In soccer a player can receive a yellow card for taking a dive or a red card if he has already received a yellow card in the same game.

monsterkev

Juniors
is this the new Melbourne tactic to gain advantage, if so this is not the first time Melbourne have come up with ways to win that are not in the spirit of the game
maybe the nrl should make an example of them stripping them of competition points for cheating and ban players involved
also make slater look like a goose,could tarnish his reputation

SaintPauli

Juniors
Slater has taken 2 dives this season, resulting in opposition players being sin binned on both occasions. This is a blight on the game and should be rectified before it happens again. We have the video refs. They should be able to detect that a player has taken a dive and reverse the decision and send the player who took the dive to the sin bin. If that was the case, then I doubt that Slater will do it again. Players being sin binned when opposition players have taken a dive is wrong. In soccer a player can receive a yellow card for taking a dive or a red card if he has already received a yellow card in the same game.
Spot on, this is a way worse offence than McCinnes offside ruling with 10 min sinbin. Slater should be sited from nrl video and reported to NRL judiciary

Frank Facer

First Grade
The NRL have to stamp this out as as soon as possible. I would hate to think that it could happen in a semi final or grand final and effect the outcome.

The media should be shaming Slater and Melbourne for it, but I know of at least one commentator, I think Greg Alexander who praised it and called it gamesmanship. I think it is very poor sportsmanship to say the least.

Slater is one of the most dirty players that I can remember. I remember early in his career, when he first stomped on someones face playing the ball. I gave him the benefit of the doubt that it wasn't on purpose, but since then he has continued to be dirty on many occasions. I remember him lashing out with an elbow in a play the ball in an origin game, hitting Pearce and receiving a penalty for it, when he is the one who should have been penalised. I remember his leaping for a bomb and kicking an opposition player in the face. I remember him punching into Nightingale while another Melbourne player was holding Nightingale. I am sure others could add to my list of Slater using dirty tactics. Please do. Some call him Billy the Kid, I call him Billy the, well is starts with C and ends in T.

monsterkev

Juniors
The NRL have to stamp this out as as soon as possible. I would hate to think that it could happen in a semi final or grand final and effect the outcome.

The media should be shaming Slater and Melbourne for it, but I know of at least one commentator, I think Greg Alexander who praised it and called it gamesmanship. I think it is very poor sportsmanship to say the least.

Slater is one of the most dirty players that I can remember. I remember early in his career, when he first stomped on someones face playing the ball. I gave him the benefit of the doubt that it wasn't on purpose, but since then he has continued to be dirty on many occasions. I remember him lashing out with an elbow in a play the ball in an origin game, hitting Pearce and receiving a penalty for it, when he is the one who should have been penalised. I remember his leaping for a bomb and kicking an opposition player in the face. I remember him punching into Nightingale while another Melbourne player was holding Nightingale. I am sure others could add to my list of Slater using dirty tactics. Please do. Some call him Billy the Kid, I call him Billy the, well is starts with C and ends in T.
yes some of those thing he did on more than one occasion and don't forget sliding in with feet and knees to stop players scoring tries

Gareth67

First Grade
Whom is it that is telling his players to take a dive , twice in 2 weeks ? Seems that it's not only the players , but the moron whom has been instructing them to cheat , merely a variation on their normal ways of conning the referees . As said the NRL needs to come down hard on them as this is simply not rugby league as it was meant to be played .

ouryears

Bench

He also used to jump in the air to catch a ball and throw his leg out hard in front of him hitting others in the head, that was finally banned.

ouryears

Bench
Whom is it that is telling his players to take a dive , twice in 2 weeks ? Seems that it's not only the players , but the moron whom has been instructing them to cheat , merely a variation on their normal ways of conning the referees . As said the NRL needs to come down hard on them as this is simply not rugby league as it was meant to be played .
The purple cheaters trainers, coaches, ball boys, water boys, other players, CEO, cleaners, admin staff, cheer squad, bus driver, ground staff, physios, doctor, receptionist. ....I reckon they ALL come up with cheating dirty ways to screw the game!

FlameThrower

Bench
A penalty is one thing, but to reduce the opposition to 1 man in the Sin bin is a huge advantage. It can change the whole momentum of the game. While Alexander on Fox may call it ‘gamesmanship’ the other commentators have not been that enthusiastic about it. I’m sure if Panthers lost a man to it and then lost the game as a result he would change his tune. NRL can stamp this out with a directive to all Clubs - take blantant dive - instant penalty.

The dummy half deliberately throwing a pass into a defender lying on the ground from the previous tackle also needs to be looked at.

I saw a couple of games this week where the dummy half had the opportunity to do this but didn't, neither of those games involved the Storm.

The Storm have been playing with the rules for years, led by Referee Smith and his accomplice Billy. Nothing has been done about it before, so I don't see why this should be any different.

The one against Newcastle was a disgrace. Slater should have been the one penalised initially, as Pearce stated to the Ref, for an incorrect play the ball. You have to stand up and play the ball, Slater put the ball on the ground before he stood up, penalty to Knights.

Slater and Smith both play with this media created "Saint " image so get away with everything they do.

BennyV

Referee
Lol@this thread.

Fitzgibbon was offside and deliberately impeded a player. Professional foul every day of the week. Sin bin is justified.

st shaneoh

Juniors
Lol@this thread.

Fitzgibbon was offside and deliberately impeded a player. Professional foul every day of the week. Sin bin is justified.
If someone is going to be binned for touching Billy they should at least get their moneys worth and really nail him

Latest posts