What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

APRLF - Who are they

siv

First Grade
Does anyone have list of people, annual report anything from this group

All I see is a simple web site of NRL news items

adamkungl

Immortal
I've never seen any evidence that they actually do anything.
They run no tournaments or game development exercises that I can recall.

I suspect its a skeleton organisation, barely more than a social media writer, sitting in the basement of NRL HQ.

Edit:
"The APRLF is based at the New Zealand Rugby League’s Auckland headquarters and will focus much of its efforts on developing the sport in the Pacific Islands."

Sitting in the basement of the NZRL's rented granny flat is much worse than NRL HQ.

roughyedspud

Coach
The APRLC is still finding its feet and will,one day,do what the RLEF does....that being organise the pacific cup and pacific area world cup qualifying.....as well as organising coaching and referee courses like the RLEF does..

And even though it's not the job of the APRLC to arrange bi-lateral tests I would like the NRL to assist the APRLC in organising the pacific series...we can get away with png v Fiji & cooks v someone being a double header but Tonga v Samoa has to be a stand alone game..in Auckland

As long a the NRL run it on their own then they'll never promote it as a stand alone game cos they won't want it to overshadow the origin game the next day..

deal.with.it

Juniors
The APRLC had no staff employed, unlike the RLEF.

I think they’ll find the two new RLIF employees will actually be Danny Kazanjian of the RLEF and Tas Baitieri of the NRL/RLIF/APRLC....

Then maybe we’ll get somewhere.

DlEHARD

Juniors
I don't think Asia and the Pacific should be part of one Federation. But I guess the RLEF includes all kinds of nations.

adamkungl

Immortal
I don't think Asia and the Pacific should be part of one Federation. But I guess the RLEF includes all kinds of nations.

You are right, but since the existing federation does nothing as is, finding 2 federations that actually do something is a while off yet

roughyedspud

Coach
One would hope the two new northern & southern area general managers at the RLIF would work super close with the RLEF & APRLC and get them achieving their aims...which is why I wouldn't be surprised if Danny k & tas got those two roles..

DlEHARD

Juniors
So if they do get those RLIF roles, would they just be a change of job title or would we see other people coming through to replace those roles? That'd be ideal in that situation. We get more troops.

yakstorm

First Grade
Does anyone have list of people, annual report anything from this group

All I see is a simple web site of NRL news items

Are you looking at this site - asiapacificrl.com ? Because there is plenty of news there from across the Pacific, Asia and even Latin America that you don't see on the NRL site.

The APRLC is similar to the RLIF until recently, it is not much more than a Board who delegate funds, attempt to support the development of the game in the region and act as a voting block (outside of Australia & NZ) for things at the RLIF level.

It contains a bumnum of volunteers as well who assist with helping spread the game.

siv

First Grade
Yes but know whi the president is in the RLEF

Also when tournaments are being held

Seems to be only a small Asia Cup but nothing else

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
They are the Governing Body for the game in the Asia-Pacific region. They are the organisation that runs the Pacific Cup each year......... err wait...... forget that last bit.

Reactions: siv

LeagueXIII

First Grade
That has just happened as I was looking at their site yesterday and even posted active links on another thread.

siv

First Grade
Well it was good to see all of the Asia Pacifuc bation heads meeting in Auckland today with the APRLF

Has this happened before ?

Latest posts