What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

roofromoz

First Grade
It will be interesting to see what reception Cartwright gets tomorrow.

EDIT: Next week is away to Cronulla, it will be interesting to see what Moylan cops in Round 18. I suspect Moylan may get more shit given the way he left the club opposed to Cartwright.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Moylan last year and this looks like he's off mentally. We can all give him shit but someone at the Sharks needs to get on top of this. Mental health is no joke.

Is it actually Mental Health? Or is it an attitude issue? He may well be only playing footy for the cash and not the love of the sport. Might explain why he’s not interested in putting his body on the line.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Anyone choosing another club over the Panthers is clearly f**ked in the head.

Well that’s true, it’s hard to argue with that.

I get the feeling old Moyza loves being a rugby league star and the life that comes with it, but doesn’t actually enjoy playing it.

mxlegend99

Referee
Well that’s true, it’s hard to argue with that.

I get the feeling old Moyza loves being a rugby league star and the life that comes with it, but doesn’t actually enjoy playing it.
I think he looked genuinely happy with us while playing more often than not. In losses less so. But I want our players miserable when losing.

He was the star of our team and had a lot of mates here. He has a few mates at Sharks. But plenty of guys he barely knows and Sharks aren't going to let him be the man like we did. Duges. Holmes. Fifita... no shortage of big personalities there who think they're more important than they are.

mxlegend99

Referee
Hiku is getting carved up by Tim Lafai. Must have missed him 4 or 5 times already. Somehow Dragons havent scored despite having a turnstile to run at.

I know he has been decent for Warriors. But it was never his attack which let us down. It was always his defence.

mxlegend99

Referee
Bryce the poor bastard is back at 6 this week. Only unlike with us he won't have Moylan at fullback doing his job for him.

His career certainly wont be any better in QLD then it was here. Infact it is likely to be worse since he is part of a weaker spine than he was here or playing in a weaker forward pack.

He's not a guy who can carry either. Although he would be playing 6 for us if he stayed. So really he cant win.

OldPanther

Coach
http://www.catalansdragons.com/en/articles-9/168-5922-luke-walsh-forced-to-retire/

LUKE WALSH FORCED TO RETIRE

Luke Walsh sustained a significant ankle injury during the game at Hull KR in February that has prevented him from playing any rugby league and due to the injury has been unable to recover.

He has concurred with the opinion of multiple medical practitioners and has been forced to retire from his professional career.

Walsh, 30, arrived at the club last year and has been a key player of the 2017 season. He made 29 appearances, scoring 204 points (2 tries, 96 goals and 4 drop goals), with a 85% goal kicking percentage.

He previously played 140 NRL games with Newcastle and Penrith before joining Super League and Saints in 2014 where he scored 460 points in 63 appearances.

Luke Wash said: “I would like to thank the club for the support since I arrived, obviously the fans as well, all the players, I have made some good friends here and the coaching staff, especially Laurent Frayssinous who recruited me to the club. I wish all the best to the boys for the rest of the year and for the future of the club.”

Steve McNamara: “It’s always sad when a player has to retire early due to injury, Luke has tried everything possible to get himself into a position to play again but unfortunately that can’t happen. His commitment and contribution to the Dragons is something we as a club really appreciate.”

Club CEO Christophe Jouffret: “Walshy has been a great player for our club who always produced brilliant and consistent performances. His capacity to organize, his kicking game and his professionalism both on and off the field were second to none.”