What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Cronk joins the Roosters, the 2018 competition is over before it starts

axl rose

Bench
'Teddy will be getting the ball in space, it won't be like at the Tigers where he is getting it flat footed' said every muppet commentator on Fox last year.

Roll me the footage where he didn't get it standing still since round 1. I'll wait.

gregstar

Referee
The roosters wanted to keep Pearce to learn under Cronk but he chose to leave.
interesting spin. pearce has how many seasons under his belt & played how many origins? and you think he still needs a teacher?

Tbh Pearce needed a fresh start.
what club halfback wouldn't when their club signs a competitor with one thing in mind?
The roosters fell 1 game short every year and pearce, along with a few forwards, were to blame.
they also won a comp with him. if falling one game short is the measure of a halfback's capability, then there are many champion halfbacks who you would be including in this category.

As mentioned earlier, the roosters, storm and broncos have started slow while the dragons, warriors and tigers have put all their cards on the table early and have come out flying.
yes.

I can 100% guarentee you these teams won't be on top come semi final time
wow

Do people seriously think Clearly, Kearney and McGregor are out couching Robinson, Bennet and Bellamy?
so far? yes. as is indicated by the ladder.

The smart teams and smart coaches hide their aces up their sleeve until later in the season.
what aces? i think everyone knows the personnel at the storm, broncs & roosters.

gregstar

Referee
I was content with seeing him go. We have lost our nerve in too many big finals games the past few years so I felt we needed a change.

Tbh the whole team needed/still needs a freshen up.

The other stale element that needs to go is Friend. He's nothing more than an overweight 3 toed sloth these days.

I won't judge the switch to Cronk until it becomes clear where our season is headed. That could be mid season or in the finals; we'll see.
i don't think they are that far away from really dishing out a hiding & finding some decent form.

but fittler made the perfect point at half-time.
stop being so robotic & play what is in front of you.

they made 3 or 4 needless errors on rehearsed moves instead of playing what they saw. and they were 3 or 4 really poor errors that mattered. cooper cronk is part of that problem - he is a robot halfback in my opinion.

JJ

Immortal
Careful. It's only rnd 8.

Don't get me wrong I think we look like dogshit but I wouldn't be putting a line through us yet this early.

Premierships aren't won in April.
Agreed

But they are won with quality forward packs

Spot On

Coach
The roosters wanted to keep Pearce to learn under Cronk but he chose to leave. Tbh Pearce needed a fresh start. The roosters fell 1 game short every year and pearce, along with a few forwards, were to blame.

As mentioned earlier, the roosters, storm and broncos have started slow while the dragons, warriors and tigers have put all their cards on the table early and have come out flying. I can 100% guarentee you these teams won't be on top come semi final time.

Do people seriously think Clearly, Kearney and McGregor are out couching Robinson, Bennet and Bellamy? The smart teams and smart coaches hide their aces up their sleeve until later in the season.

This is either sheer genius or absolute stupidity.

For starters, Robbo aint in the top 5 coaches in the NRL.

Silent Knight

First Grade
The roosters wanted to keep Pearce to learn under Cronk but he chose to leave. Tbh Pearce needed a fresh start. The roosters fell 1 game short every year and pearce, along with a few forwards, were to blame.

As mentioned earlier, the roosters, storm and broncos have started slow while the dragons, warriors and tigers have put all their cards on the table early and have come out flying. I can 100% guarentee you these teams won't be on top come semi final time.

Do people seriously think Clearly, Kearney and McGregor are out couching Robinson, Bennet and Bellamy? The smart teams and smart coaches hide their aces up their sleeve until later in the season.

Your post was going so well up until the point where you mentioned Bennett. The only late season ace Wango has up his sleeve is his routine annual whinge about the Origin period being so unfair on the Broncos players.

The_Shield

Juniors
Your post was going so well up until the point where you mentioned Bennett. The only late season ace Wango has up his sleeve is his routine annual whinge about the Origin period being so unfair on the Broncos players.
To be fair, he does have a Storm wrestle whinge that he likes to pull out whenever he’s about to come up against Melbourne.

Latest posts