What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Payne Haas off contract.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Payne Haas debuted for Brisbane tonight. There are big wraps on him. He is apparently off contract at the end of this year. I had my first look at him tonight and liked what I saw. I think he will definitely make it, he will probably be a star in the next few years. If I was our recruitment officer (Millward), I would be going big to sign him to a 3 year contract. I am sure that there would be plenty competition for his signature.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
He's been talked up for a while and has the propensity to be a real good one. However, I'm 99.9999999999999999999999999% certain the Broncos are going to secure him long term.
I'd focus more on your previous off-contractor in Pangai Jr. He would be a good pick up.

Frank Facer

First Grade
He's been talked up for a while and has the propensity to be a real good one. However, I'm 99.9999999999999999999999999% certain the Broncos are going to secure him long term.
I'd focus more on your previous off-contractor in Pangai Jr. He would be a good pick up.
I read that Pangai has said that he is staying at Brisbane, but we should do everything we can to sign him if he hasn't put pen to paper yet.

I agree that I expect Brisbane to hold onto Haas too, but you have to be in it to win it.

Pangai had massive wraps on him at Canberra and Brisbane managed to sign him. We should do the same with Haas, or at the very least try.

If Leulia has agreed to move to Canberra, then we should put his money and more towards trying to sign Haas.

ViceVersa

Juniors
Payne Haas is signed until the end of 2019. I've been following him for a couple of years from the Philippines Rugby League and he is unreal. 117kg and he used to play 80 minutes in junior reps and in under 20's! I was at suncorp last year looking forward to seeing him play, but he was ruled out injured.

We can't negotiate until November 1st, but Broncos are looking to extend him before that happens.

I'm proud of him, half Filipino heritage like me! And he is NSW origin!

Last edited:

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Payne Haas is signed until the end of 2019. I've been following him for a couple of years from the Philippines Rugby League and he is unreal. 117kg and he used to play 80 minutes in junior reps and in under 20's! I was at suncorp last year looking forward to seeing him play, but he was ruled out injured.

We can't negotiate until November 1st, but Broncos are looking to extend him before that happens.

What part of Philippines you from vice-versa.

dragonssamy61

First Grade

ViceVersa
He is a good one.
He has been in the broncos system since he was 14.
Can't see him leaving.
As you said they will get him long term

O'Sullivan

Juniors
Payne at Saints might be a pleasant dream but it will not happen. Maybe we can give them Host, Kerr and Lawrie for him because given the 'small' glimpse of him last night he is better than all three of them combined........yes I know there are Host lovers but I just don't get it with him.

watatank

Coach
A nice thought but probably not happening. Need to get a player like that when much younger to stand a chance not when he has already debuted for another club.

denis preston

First Grade
Payne at Saints might be a pleasant dream but it will not happen. Maybe we can give them Host, Kerr and Lawrie for him because given the 'small' glimpse of him last night he is better than all three of them combined........yes I know there are Host lovers but I just don't get it with him.
We get you don't like Host OS but how can anyone be sure either way without any NRL evidence to show ? IMO he has at least shown he is very very good in the reggies.

ViceVersa

Juniors
What part of Philippines you from vice-versa.

No I meant I'm half Filipino, born & live in Aus. I just know of Payne from the PNRL they post news and updates on him. And we've had some great Filo players in the NRL, Craig Wing... Kevin Gordon/Matt Srama from the Titans to name a few...

I wish we could've signed Payne Haas instead of Latimore/Allgood. Also Broncos have got another future Star David Fifita. Wait til you see him play, he's only 17 and nope...no relation...

Frank Facer

First Grade
Is there anyone you don't want to sign?

Having said that, if the Broncos are locking up all these young forwards it may be wise to have word to Korbin, imagine both brothers running around together competing to see who can hit the hardest.
I said we should sign Pangai.

I interpreted that Mansour was asking 400K a season and thought we should look at signing him for that price, but he wasn't a must sign..

Now, I have said we should sign Haas.

I said that Junior Paulo would be a good signing, he has apparently agreed to terms with Parra for 675K a season.

Pangai and Haas are the only 2 that I have said we should go all out to sign, I think they would be great signings and much better than Korbin Simms.

The above 4 are the only ones that I have really said we should sign this year. Do you disagree with me, that we should have signed any of the above mentioned players, if possible?

Can you name any others that I have said we should sign this season?

Last edited:

Frank Facer

First Grade
Haas is off contract at the end of 2019 and there is talk that clubs are prepared to offer him 3 or 4 year contracts of between 500 to 600K a season.

If I was our recruitment officer I would be offering Haas that or more. It could turn out to be a bargain, like how Newcastle signed Ponga for 600K a season, before he had even played one first grade game.

He is also a New South Welshman.

I do expect Brisbane to sign him up long term in the next few weeks.

Latest posts