What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 Vs the DOGS

Which is a shame because he can bend the line. He seems to forget how big he is.

Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane.

He’s a big body, he should be running straight and running hard, but for whatever reason he doesn’t.

I remember going through his meters per run stats last year, they were poor. Often 1-2m less than other backrowers.

OldPanther

Coach
Sucks about the injuries cat bros. As soon as it looks like you’ll be having a consistent season bam everyone starts falling down like flies

Hopefully the replacements can do their jobs and step up. I like you guys

It's funny my Catbros thing stuck.

Hope you guys win this arvo so we get the good guys top 4 back.

tripster

Juniors
My prediction is that there is no chance Hook moves Peach from 6. Despite him being far from an ideal 6, I don’t think Hook is going to want to disrupt things further by moving him. So I think there is no way he goes to the to centres.

OldPanther

Coach
My prediction is that there is no chance Hook moves Peach from 6. Despite him being far from an ideal 6, I don’t think Hook is going to want to disrupt things further by moving him. So I think there is no way he goes to the to centres.

Yeah it's not ideal but really just need to get through at this point. Griffin is picking him there ao he better coach a good enough gameplan (working so far).

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah it's not ideal but really just need to get through at this point. Griffin is picking him there ao he better coach a good enough gameplan (working so far).

Most of it seems to be Maloney from interviews either way it is working and will stay I'd say

Most of it seems to be Maloney from interviews either way it is working and will stay I'd say
Good defensive teams shut Maloney down with ease. The Sharkies showed how. Melb would do it in 2nd gear. We need Nathan to stay fit because we lost the opportunity to learn how to cope without him

OldPanther

Coach

If the two time premiership winning rep half wants to point us in the right direction he can have at it.

Good defensive teams shut Maloney down with ease. The Sharkies showed how. Melb would do it in 2nd gear. We need Nathan to stay fit because we lost the opportunity to learn how to cope without him

My main concern.

mxlegend99

Referee
We definitely need a proper halves partner for Maloney. If he is shut down our whole kicking game is and our attack loses all direction.

A fit Wallace would help a bit until Cleary is back. May possibly could... but the injury hes recovering from tends to take a long while to see a player get back to form if they ever do.

Mansour and Whare havent gotten peak form back yet after ACL injuries. Mckendry cant string together a season without it recurring. In a perfect wotld May kicks on from where he left off. But realistically he hasnt played a game in like 9 months. Missed a pre-season and was only ever a fix it option in his limited time last year.

I think its a huge risk... and we arent desperate enough to need to take it IMO. We have a few decent utility options available to bring him back the right way.

And I say that as someone eager to see Peachey out of the 6.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Sadly Bryce is going very, very ordinary at present.

Personally I don’t think it would make any difference what position he playshe is just soft, lack’s any sort of passion or intensity in his play.

If his lack lustre form continues for much longer coach Brennan will have no option but to punt Bryce to the Queensland Cup.

I totally agree. If the point of Bryce moving to the GC was a fresh start, it's not working.

When playing well, he's a real game changer.

At the moment he's like a plastic imitation of a footy player. Not using his shoulders or his body when either running or tackling.

Will the original Bryce be seem again ..........? 64 dollar question.

Can he move on from the past 18 months and rebuild his footy career ? I'm not sure.

Maybe a rookie coach away from his close family is not the way to go. Perhaps he would have been better knuckling down here at the riff, getting his head right, and then working on his footy.

At the moment *I take no joy in saying this, Bryce looks like what Dave Taylor became. To me that is very sad.

We definitely need a proper halves partner for Maloney. If he is shut down our whole kicking game is and our attack loses all direction.

A fit Wallace would help a bit until Cleary is back. May possibly could... but the injury hes recovering from tends to take a long while to see a player get back to form if they ever do.

Mansour and Whare havent gotten peak form back yet after ACL injuries. Mckendry cant string together a season without it recurring. In a perfect wotld May kicks on from where he left off. But realistically he hasnt played a game in like 9 months. Missed a pre-season and was only ever a fix it option in his limited time last year.

I think its a huge risk... and we arent desperate enough to need to take it IMO. We have a few decent utility options available to bring him back the right way.

And I say that as someone eager to see Peachey out of the 6.

Cleary could be back as soon as round 10. So at this point we’ve weathered most of the loss of Cleary, may as well just play Peachey there again this week.

We really do need a hooker on the bench at this point, so May might have to miss out for a bit anyway.

I doubt it will be, but I’d really like to see Egan get the bench spot.

franklin2323

Immortal
If the two time premiership winning rep half wants to point us in the right direction he can have at it.

My main concern.

If Cleary wasn't coming back I have no doubt we would get a proper half. All about doing just enough to win now. We have a few gears to lift come finals time but our full strength spine with Blake will see us lift a fair bit more

TheFrog

Coach
At the moment he's like a plastic imitation of a footy player. Not using his shoulders or his body when either running or tackling.
He found himself with the chance of pulling the game out of the fire when the ball ended up in his hands after a kick in the dying minutes, but he was surrounded by Sharks. If he could have got a little kick into the ingoal all might have been very different.

mxlegend99

Referee
He found himself with the chance of pulling the game out of the fire when the ball ended up in his hands after a kick in the dying minutes, but he was surrounded by Sharks. If he could have got a little kick into the ingoal all might have been very different.
His offload to Ryan James was very catchable though and if he does catch it they more than likely score and win.

The problem was James thinking the ball would die with Carty and not being ready for his offload. His teammates don't know him very well.

Latest posts