What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBA Season 2017/18

Valheru

Coach
Cleveland have swept the Raptors

A choke of epic proportions.

Unfortunately the Cavs are the only chance of a competitive finals series. Even if the 76ers make an epic comeback, they have quite clearly shown they are a year or 2 away and Boston have done great without Irving but they will not be able to compete without him against Houston/GSW

Barkley

Bench
Cleveland have swept the Raptors

A choke of epic proportions.

Unfortunately the Cavs are the only chance of a competitive finals series. Even if the 76ers make an epic comeback, they have quite clearly shown they are a year or 2 away and Boston have done great without Irving but they will not be able to compete without him against Houston/GSW

Yep...hard to see it any other way than a massive choke. Raptors had everything in their favour this year, the weakest Cavs team in recent years plus home court advantage. That squad will never get it done.

Barkley

Bench
The WCF is all set...GSW v Houston.
It’s a really difficult series to pick but I’m tipping the Dubs in 6.

T-Boon

Coach

This is true which means the only way it can be interesting is if it is Cavs v Houston.

Barkley

Bench
The Celtics join the Cavs in the ECF....again.

I’ve been writing the C’s off since Kyrie went down but they keep proving me (and lots others) wrong. I think they will give the Cavs a run for their money but will probably just fall short. Boston’s only hope is if LBJ burns out.

I’ve got the Cavs in 6.

Valheru

Coach
Boston made a bit of a statement this morning. They racked up a big lead in the first quarter and kept it the whole way giving LeBron his 2nd biggest game 1 defeat of his career.

LeBron was defended well and was largely ineffective.

If nothing else, Boston have shown that they will make Cleveland earn the win and I see this series now going to 6 or 7 games.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
its going be a long hard series for Harden if the Warriors keep playing him one on one..... you could just see him wearing down during the game.. no ball movement meant that the rest of the rockets were all just standing around with no rhythm... Curry only scores 18 and it looked like they were doing it easy on the road.

Warriors have too many weapons on offence and can and get guys rest throughout the game. unless Harden and Paul combine for like 70 points or all three of curry Thompson and KD are sub 20 i cant see them winning more than 1 game now.

Playing with house money now, a tonne of pressure on Houston to bounce back and get game 2.

I had the Dubs in 6

Barkley

Bench
Lebron has responded so far, lets see if he can keep it up!
No doubt LeBron can keep it up, it's his supporting cast that is the issue. With a minute left to play looks like the Cavs are down 2 games. Tough road back from here.

Valheru

Coach
Good win by Houston.

Hopefully they can split the games in the bay area and make a series of it.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
Yeah great bounce back in a must win... Wasn't Harden and Paul going for 70 as per my prediction instead Ariza Tucker and Gordon piled on 68... Thompson 8 points and curry 1-7 from beyond the arc with 16 points just killed them.

In the end i guess the Warriors did what they needed to do.

Barkley

Bench
2-2 in the ECF....this series will go down to the wire. LBJ with another big game, doesn't look like he is slowing down anytime soon.

Valheru

Coach
The Celtics just need to sort out their first quarters and ensure the scoreboard is ticking along at the start of the game. In both game 3 and 4 they gave up big leads in the first quarter whilst missing multiple easy lay ups/dunks but were the equal of Cleveland the rest of the way and superior in the 2nd half in the case of game 4.

Valheru

Coach
Houston steal one on the road!

A bit of a statement from them as well. The warriors had their customary 3rd quarter blitz complete with Steph's usual antics but the Rockets dominated the 4th quarter to level 2-2.

A very interesting 6 days (potentially) coming up.