What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 10 vs Cowboys @ Leichhardt Oval

Who will win? Round 10: Wests Tigers v Cowboys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Front-Rower

First Grade
I don’t get why people doubted Thompson. He played in a grand final for the dogs and was one of the best players in the Super League. He’s a fantastic player.

Clifferd

Coach
Might add, whilst Lawrence has been great for the Tigers I think Chee Kam might be better suited in the wide running roll. He, Chee Kam, looked good tonight.

I reckon Chee Kam deserves a starting spot, preferably for Rochow...he’s on thin ice but admittedly played ok tonight

Das Hassler

Bench
I reckon Chee Kam deserves a starting spot, preferably for Rochow...he’s on thin ice but admittedly played ok tonight

Chee Kam is pretty darn effective off the bench though.....Rochow was signed as depth so he's holding up his end of the deal plus some. ..his signing was the one i wondered about .

BrotherJim05

Bench
Our defence was brilliant tonight. The Cowboys were pretty rubbish but we managed to capitalise on it. We need to keep up the defensive efforts because ultimately that is what will get you through to finals.

We gifted the Cowboys a lot of ball that game but they ultimately gifted it straight back to us. Panthers next week will not be so merciful. Maloney will convert every try and they will punish us if we make stupid errors. What I really want to see from Tigers next week is smarter football. A lot of our tries came from ad lib footy or individual efforts. Would be great to see some f**king set plays for once.

Vozzy

Juniors
We need to have better sets after scoring points. Just do 5 hit ups and get a kick down field especially when leading we make a dumb mistake all the time and lose the momentum this happened in the parra game aswell. Our completion rate is good up until then. Like it was 12-12 and we had scored 3tries to 2tries but made errors after each try.

Tiger05

First Grade
How goods it seeing them two bend the line consistently instead of ass runner woods bumble and fumble around

I was thinking our pack is so much better because we lost Woods who doesn't make tough hit-ups or get to his front well. Yes he is a really good player but now we have guys who do the basic prop stuff really well.

Our front row was great last night. Sue and Twal were also huge. Sue put a massive fend on Taumolo and he had an impact. Twal was also great. ET at hooker works well as well. It gives us a bigger pack and Liddle comes on and has an impact.

Rochow is the only concern because he isn't offering that much. Lawrence though is playing like a top quality edge backrower.

Tiger05

First Grade
I don’t get why people doubted Thompson. He played in a grand final for the dogs and was one of the best players in the Super League. He’s a fantastic player.

I like him more than Turd and I don't think we need a fullback. He has been safer than the Turd, he puts in more than the Turd and he costs about 1/5 of the Turd.

I thought he would be a dud but I think he owns a spot in our backline now and I like him at fullback.

Tiger05

First Grade
Chee Kam is pretty darn effective off the bench though.....Rochow was signed as depth so he's holding up his end of the deal plus some. ..his signing was the one i wondered about .

It's hard to change anything isn't it. Chee-Kam comes on and has an impact. Do you start him and if so would he be as good.

Our bench last night was awesome. Twal, Sue, Chee-Kam and Liddle were all great.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
I thought we were really scrappy last night, and just lucky that the Cowboys were worse. They gifted us a lot of dropped ball. Some promising signs in attack, Fonua was great, but they still need to work on consistency and discipline. Packer definitely the key player last night.

Clifferd

Coach
I thought we were really scrappy last night, and just lucky that the Cowboys were worse. They gifted us a lot of dropped ball. Some promising signs in attack, Fonua was great, but they still need to work on consistency and discipline. Packer definitely the key player last night.

I don’t think we were scrappy, we got disallowed a fair try and our goal kicking was atrocious

Added to that, Cowboys scored 2 of the arsiest tries you’ll ever see. Our defense and attack was awesome

From what I saw, we were atleast a 20+ Point better team. It’s a shame the scoreboard didn’t indicate that

Front-Rower

First Grade

I still think that the no-try to the cowboys would’ve been scored by a team in form. That play was so slow and telegraphed and Winterstein still got on the outside of Noffa. Things like that change games and I believe we were so lucky they didn’t score otherwise we more than likely get beat.

Latest posts