What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 10 vs Panthers @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 10: Knights v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spot On

Coach
I think when you reject an offer from your current club before even sitting down with others it’s fairly obvious you want out regardless of what else is out there.

The same way we all knew Gagai was gone the moment he rejected a very high offer from us to extend.

What was the very high offer from us to extend Gagai?

Noname36

First Grade
What was the very high offer from us to extend Gagai?

I can’t remember exactly but it was very decent - enough that most here were very unhappy anyway given his poor performances.

I know Souths paid him big dollars anyway but Brown said that he was gone regardless because at that stage we hadn’t signed anyone for this year yet and Gagai couldn’t see us improving. A story came out last week about it actually, Brown saying why Gagai left. I see Wallace in a similar position at the Titans.

Old dog

Juniors
lol, I'm just going off what slots has said a page or two back. I've assumed slots has word from someone close to the club for a while now, but he could just be talking utter bollocks for all I know.

What I do know is that when Brown has spoken about bringing senior forwards to the club, he's often dropped little hints that the Saifiti's are bludgers behind the scenes. It's obvious as f**k watching them on the field at the moment, they are miles from where they should be at this point. If I were Brown, I'd be damn close to the point of giving up on them.
Just something I've heard, no idea if true.

Blokes can sink as many as they want if they run like RCG imo
This I this is how we treat players, accusations and innuendos because you are pissed of with how the games going, wake up supporters

Pedge1971

First Grade
I think supporters are entitled to be critical if they spen their hard earned and invest their emotion in this club.

Regardless of rumour and innuendo the fact is the twins have taken a step back thus far this year and are a yard or 2 off the pace of a 1st grade front rower.

I dont know what the answer is but I am sick of this club giving a free pass to guys who have potential but cannot perform on the basis they are local juniors. f**k them, perform or move on.

Meanwhile what kills me is f**king Brisbane have the 2 best forward prospects to cone out of our region since Steve Simpson!

Old dog

Juniors
I think supporters are entitled to be critical if they spen their hard earned and invest their emotion in this club.

Regardless of rumour and innuendo the fact is the twins have taken a step back thus far this year and are a yard or 2 off the pace of a 1st grade front rower.

I dont know what the answer is but I am sick of this club giving a free pass to guys who have potential but cannot perform on the basis they are local juniors. f**k them, perform or move on.

Meanwhile what kills me is f**king Brisbane have the 2 best forward prospects to cone out of our region since Steve Simpson!
The rumours and innuendos were directed at there personal lives not at there football, yes there form has been bad and criticism warranted but not personal attacks

Pedge1971

First Grade
The rumours and innuendos were directed at there personal lives not at there football, yes there form has been bad and criticism warranted but not personal attacks

Sorry I missed that. But if the rumour ia they are lazy or getting on the cans it is not such a big deal. Either way they are not at 1st grade standard right now and are playing because we have no one else.

Old dog

Juniors
On DanS we agree his form is down on what we thought/hoped we would get but for tonight keep in mind playing a big strong pack while he was on Esee and King were off and no recognised prop was with him. This is selection problem, our pack is not the biggest, assume Lillyman injured, JSaf out of form, Heighinton and King struggle against big boys, Esee copped abuse tonight but has carried this pack so far this season.
Form or no form we need our best/biggest 4 props in 17 otherwise our back row are over worked and that flows through to halves and backs.

Spot On

Coach
I can’t remember exactly but it was very decent - enough that most here were very unhappy anyway given his poor performances.

I know Souths paid him big dollars anyway but Brown said that he was gone regardless because at that stage we hadn’t signed anyone for this year yet and Gagai couldn’t see us improving. A story came out last week about it actually, Brown saying why Gagai left. I see Wallace in a similar position at the Titans.

I don't remember it that way at all. Many thought we had 'low balled him'. Pretty sure you'd be able to find the posts regarding it all in the Rumoured Targets thread.

Brown said some clubs can offer more hinting he went for more dollars. He was not prepared to give him what he was asking. Gagai said he was a bit peeved we were looking at signing others and not making him a priority.

Bartwah

Juniors
Besides the 2 dropped balls coming out of our own 20m, I thought D Saf actually played ok tonight? That’s watching it live though, can’t bring myself to watch the replay on TV

aqua_duck

Coach
Besides the 2 dropped balls coming out of our own 20m, I thought D Saf actually played ok tonight? That’s watching it live though, can’t bring myself to watch the replay on TV
His stats were decent. Him and his brother need to take some angry pills to fire them up, they seem to have zero natural aggression. Beside Barnett we do not have a single forward with an ounce of mongrel.

superpanther

Juniors
You can’t win when the referee lets the other team wrestlef**k your team whilst simultaneously apply the 5 metre rule for them.

Yeah like you guys didnt win the penalty count!! you had a chance to win the match but blew it. Dont worry you guys will get there the signs are good!!!

macavity

Referee
Yeah like you guys didnt win the penalty count!! you had a chance to win the match but blew it. Dont worry you guys will get there the signs are good!!!

Biggest phurphy. Penalty count is irrelevant, its the ones that aren't called.

The storm for example should be penalised 30-40 times a game. They aren't.

macavity

Referee
I don't remember it that way at all. Many thought we had 'low balled him'. Pretty sure you'd be able to find the posts regarding it all in the Rumoured Targets thread.

Brown said some clubs can offer more hinting he went for more dollars. He was not prepared to give him what he was asking. Gagai said he was a bit peeved we were looking at signing others and not making him a priority.

Gagai got offered a big third party deal to do Aboriginal outreach. Nothing to do with signing with Souths of course.

One of the biggest farces in the game is the foundation set up by a certain mining magnate to butter up the aboriginal community and help their favourite team.

Old dog

Juniors
If they can put those sort of points on against Storm early we should be ready for them, we may not have the ability to come back from early points against as proven last couple weeks

OldPanther

Coach
Refs didn't lose you the game. You gave up 12 points with the failed pass during the linebreak and the penalty for interfering with the marker. Blaming the refs is an easy excuse.

Anyways I've supported knights in all the games not against us so go Knights and Ponga is an absolute freak in the best way.