What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael McGuire - Kiwis coach

WellsNZ

Juniors
For something so simple it really is impressive that you still haven't been able to figure it out.

Either that or you're incredibly stubborn.

If you can't see the difference between players choosing a country over New Zealand compared to players playing for a heritage country when not selected by NZ then there's no point in the conversation continuing until you wrap your head around it.

They are two different scenarios, you can bang your head against the wall saying they're the same as much as you want but they're quite clearly not. It's weird that the fact there's a difference even needs to be explained.

It's also funny that you're trying to paint people as just defending everything NZRL does as being right yet your argument fell to the juvenile point of well Maguire is the coach and he said it's OK emoji etc.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
For something so simple it really is impressive that you still haven't been able to figure it out.

Either that or you're incredibly stubborn.

If you can't see the difference between players choosing a country over New Zealand compared to players playing for a heritage country when not selected by NZ then the conversation really can't continue to wrap your head around that.

They are two different scenarios, you can bang your head against the wall saying they're the same as much as you want but they're quite clearly not. It's weird that the fact there's a difference even needs to be explained.
In the end Luke had a reason to play for Ireland. The Tongans had a reason not to play for the kiwis. Guess what both Luke and the Tongans had in common? A reason.

Im so glad I understand the PLAYERS perspective because armchair fans just dont get it. Im also glad that this 'idea' that you can play for another country if your country doesnt pick you ISNT an ACTUAL rule.

Last edited:

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Agree to disagree but in the end the Tongan players could come back. I like it, but it kills you guys to even think about it. Sticking with the title thread and not derailing the thread because that almost breaches forum policy, I like what McGuires trying to do whether he suceeds or not :)

WellsNZ

Juniors
In the end Luke had a reason to play for Ireland. The Tongans had a reason not to play for the kiwis. Guess what both Luke and the Tongans had in common? A reason.

Im so glad I understand the PLAYERS perspective because armchair fans just dont get it. Im also glad that this 'idea' that you can play for another country if your country doesnt pick you ISNT an ACTUAL rule.

Guess what they didn't have in common, the choice to play for the Kiwis, which is the entire point.

I must have missed what NRL team and international side you play for to be riding on your high horse.

Of course, it's not like every player agrees with you anyway when you had guys like Blair mention it would now be hard to trust Taumalolo again. But yeah, you understand all the players perspective lol.

Oh but but but they pulled out on Kidwell, funny how we still managed to put a team together so I guess some were willing to stick it out.

Shit we all understand the perspective of wanting to do whatever you want when you feel like it.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
...yet your argument fell to the juvenile point of well Maguire is the coach and he said it's OK emoji etc.
You might see it as juvenile but I was merely pointing out the fact that regardless of whether we like the Tongans coming back or not, McGuire does want to see them back in black.

WellsNZ

Juniors
You might see it as juvenile but I was merely pointing out the fact that regardless of whether we like the Tongans coming back or not, McGuire does want to see them back in black.

No shit, he's a mercenary coach who wants the mercenary players to try help him win to help him keep his job and get paid. He doesn't care if they turned their back on NZ because, surprise, he isn't a Kiwi.

What happens if he fails though, will you then be on board with guys defecting again because they don't like it lol?

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Guess what they didn't have in common, the choice to play for the Kiwis, which is the entire point.
Thats not even a rule. Thats your own subjective "moral view" of some sort. The Tongans had their reasons and I understand and it and you clearly don't. I actually posted about it before they broke out. I posted about a divide in the camp that needed to be fixed weeks or maybe even months before the world cup squad was announced so I fully understood the situation and I said way back then Kidwell needed to fix it but he didnt.

Of course, it's not like every player agrees with you anyway when you had guys like Blair mention it would now be hard to trust Taumalolo again. But yeah, you understand all the players perspective lol.
Blair? Blair HAHAHA remember when Blair said he was going to make those Tongans pay? Remember that? Yeah shut the f**k up Blair you didnt do shit in that game and we lost and I was on here ANGRY as f**k we lost to the Tongans so dont EVER bring up Blairs name again. What a joke.

WellsNZ

Juniors
What do you mean that isn't even a rule lol? No shit, I'm not even mentioning rules. Fact remains, they had a choice to play for the Kiwis, Luke didn't.

I don't even like Blair but you're acting like you understand the players so well yet obviously some don't agree with you. Guess you don't understand them all aye lol.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
No shit, he's a mercenary coach...he isn't a Kiwi.
Yeah we had a kiwi coach. He even had a kiwi speech "The Key is We". You wont that again?
What happens if he fails though, will you then be on board with guys defecting again because they don't like it lol?
8. Taupau
9. Luke
10. Bromwich
11. Mau
12. Harris
13. Taumalolo

14. Smith
15. Mannering
16. Tapine
17. Asofa-Solomona

If he fails with that line up then I would be gutted. About the players defecting - I think it wont be the last time it happens and may occur more frequently in the future.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
What do you mean that isn't even a rule lol? No shit, I'm not even mentioning rules. Fact remains, they had a choice to play for the Kiwis, Luke didn't.
You talk about players only playing for another country if their country doesnt pick them like its some sort of rule. They dont have to do that.
I don't even like Blair but you're acting like you understand the players so well yet obviously some don't agree with you. Guess you don't understand them all aye lol.
I dont understand shit talkers lol. Blair said he was going to this and that but didnt do anything. I understand your Taumalolos and the top guys though lol.

WellsNZ

Juniors
I don't mind having an Aussie coach, you clearly missed the point.

So you think defecting is going to be a frequent issue in the future and yet you want to enable it by rewarding the guys who did it lol. Makes sense.

WellsNZ

Juniors
You talk about players only playing for another country if their country doesnt pick them like its some sort of rule. They dont have to do that.

I dont understand shit talkers lol. Blair said he was going to this and that but didnt do anything. I understand your Taumalolos and the top guys though lol.

I've never said it's a rule, you're just making shit up now. But it's quite clearly what I feel should be the case hence the whole point of the discussion. Does this really need explaining to you?

You love shifting the posts lol. So you understand the players but now you only understand certain players.

WellsNZ

Juniors
You also dodged the question, if Maguire doesn't get them winning and guys want to bail, are you happy enough for them to defect because they aren't feeling it?

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I don't mind having an Aussie coach, you clearly missed the point.
Oh did I? Lets look where it CLEAR AS DAY says you dont mind having an Aussie coach...
No shit, he's a mercenary coach who wants the mercenary players to try help him win to help him keep his job and get paid. He doesn't care if they turned their back on NZ because, surprise, he isn't a Kiwi.
Oh no where lol. Geez I "clearly" missed the point BUAHAHA...
So you think defecting is going to be a frequent issue in the future and yet you want to enable it by rewarding the guys who did it lol. Makes sense.
Well Australias already going through players like they're a club with the selection of Tamou and Radradra. They havent brought back any defectors because they have depth we could only wish for. We dont have depth and if we follow Aussies 'club like player selection policies' we could sign back some of those defectors.

I believe we can be the best in the world very soon but for that to happen we need to look at our situation and swallow our pride. Im willing to forgive those guys for their "horrific crimes to humanity" and just get them back in so we can have A LOOK at possibly selecting them.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I've never said it's a rule, you're just making shit up now. But it's quite clearly what I feel should be the case hence the whole point of the discussion. Does this really need explaining to you?
Yeah if you red my post properly I stopped saying that YOU were saying its a rule. I said you keep mentioning it like its SOME SORT of rule. Like I said before and now weve gone in a circle - its your 'moral code' that doesnt apply to the players eligibility policy.

So you understand the players but now you only understand certain players.
Yeah like I said before and I repeat for you AGAIN argh...I dont understand shit talkers lol. You seem to lol.

Oh you make me look good Wells lol.

WellsNZ

Juniors
Yes, you did miss the point. You're only reinforcing that by emphasising that you clearly missed it further lol.

Because imitating Aussie is how we will beat Aussie right lol?

If you punish the defectors then the top tier who want to be Kiwis won't defect because they know they'll be giving up their jersey.

You're back to going on about depth but these guys play in positions we have depth. We've don't have someone as good as Taumalolo but we have plenty of middle forward depth. Fus would be our best wing after Rapana but we have depth on the wing as well. We have a bunch of second rowers we don't need Ma'u at all. The depth we need is in the spine where, as usual, we have none.

WellsNZ

Juniors
Yeah if you red my post properly I stopped saying that YOU were saying its a rule. I said you keep mentioning it like its SOME SORT of rule. Like I said before and now weve gone in a circle - its your 'moral code' that doesnt apply to the players eligibility policy.

Yeah like I said before and I repeat for you AGAIN argh...I dont understand shit talkers lol. You seem too lol.

Oh you make me look good Wells lol.

Oh, thanks for clarifying, I was under the impression my moral take on this was actually the rules. Thank you for clarifying.

Smh.

The fact you are stroking your own ego over this just shows how deluded you are.

You're getting boring now though so add something new or I'm washing my hands of you.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Oh, thanks for clarifying, I was under the impression my moral take on this was actually the rules. Thank you for clarifying.

Smh.
Like I said and I repeat (geez have to repeat everything to this guy) you make it sound like its some sort of rule when you keep repeating it. You keep bringing up the same thing even though I think we clearly cleared that up a few posts ago lol.

SMH....

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Yes, you did miss the point. You're only reinforcing that by emphasising that you clearly missed it further lol.
Nah I showed PROOF that you never said anything along the lines of you wanting an Aussie coach. You got some PROOF? yeah shut up, you aint got none.

Because imitating Aussie is how we will beat Aussie right lol?
Imitating Aussie....hmmm ok. Do we try to be like the Storm? Do we often speak of what Bellamy does? Do we look at what the Roos do? ahh duh, its a no brainer we CONSTANTLY look at the Aussies.

If you punish the defectors then the top tier who want to be Kiwis won't defect because they know they'll be giving up their jersey.
Maybe. Well yeah you have a point, it will send out a message not to defect but our situation might require a bit of compromise for a better bigger picture.

You're back to going on about depth but these guys play in positions we have depth. We've don't have someone as good as Taumalolo but we have plenty of middle forward depth. Fus would be our best wing after Rapana but we have depth on the wing as well. We have a bunch of second rowers we don't need Ma'u at all. The depth we need is in the spine where, as usual, we have none.
I disagree about the depth. Mainly in the backs. I agree about the lack of in the spine. If we had those players come back and the druggies we'd be good in the forwards. Our pack would destroy the Aussies if we have Mau, Taumalolo, Id even look at Sika Manu and possibly look at luring Murdoch Masila as well. The centres is where we have poor stock.

Latest posts