What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The next 7 games...

franklin2323

Immortal
4th place last year had 16/8. We need 9 from 14 to match that. It is doable.

7 home games left. Canberra, GC, Broncs and Manly away assuming they stay in the bottom 8. You'd think we'd start favs.

Close losses will help if it becomes tight

mxlegend99

Referee
Tigers. Raiders. Manly. Sharks. We should be a better than 50% chance at winning them. I think we win 3 from 4 atleast.

Dragons and Roosters I would rate as extremely unlikely. Warriors... well it depends on which Warriors show up. Give us 1 from 3 of these.

I think we win 4 from 7. Small chance we even get 5 from 7. If we do 5 or better its time to get our premiership shirts ready

Tigers. Raiders. Manly. Sharks. We should be a better than 50% chance at winning them. I think we win 3 from 4 atleast.

Dragons and Roosters I would rate as extremely unlikely. Warriors... well it depends on which Warriors show up. Give us 1 from 3 of these.

I think we win 4 from 7. Small chance we even get 5 from 7. If we do 5 or better its time to get our premiership shirts ready

Raiders game I think is without our SOO players. If Cleary and Maloney are both selected I doubt we win that one.

tripster

Juniors
He just needs to fill in the gaps from what Maloney can't do at 1st. We only need to get 5 wins all season to get finals. I still think we win every home game

This is key for mine. We can’t let Cleary try to run the show when he comes back. He needs to be given a different assignment now which is to be an option on the last when Maloney thinks Cleary is better placed than Maloney to make the final play, and otherwise to play a 5/8 style role and use the opportunity to learn from Maloney.

I am worried that this won’t happen and our attack will become a complete muddle.

OldPanther

Coach
This is key for mine. We can’t let Cleary try to run the show when he comes back. He needs to be given a different assignment now which is to be an option on the last when Maloney thinks Cleary is better placed than Maloney to make the final play, and otherwise to play a 5/8 style role and use the opportunity to learn from Maloney.

I am worried that this won’t happen and our attack will become a complete muddle.

It won't happen. Cleary is the half back and the club is going all in on him. Cleary did say he's been learning a lot from Jimmy while injured so here's hoping it has turned him into the best halfback ever.

tripster

Juniors
It won't happen. Cleary is the half back and the club is going all in on him. Cleary did say he's been learning a lot from Jimmy while injured so here's hoping it has turned him into the best halfback ever.

I pray that’s not the case. A few weeks of watching Jimmy from the sidelines isn’t going to have helped him learn much.

It is a question of who is the best decision maker in the team. That has to be Maloney, who has the experience to know what to do in what situation.

Clearly can learn from him, but he can’t have gained 200 games of NRL worth of experience in 8 weeks on the sidelines,

OldPanther

Coach
I pray that’s not the case. A few weeks of watching Jimmy from the sidelines isn’t going to have helped him learn much.

It is a question of who is the best decision maker in the team. That has to be Maloney, who has the experience to know what to do in what situation.

Clearly can learn from him, but he can’t have gained 200 games of NRL worth of experience in 8 weeks on the sidelines,

I agree with you just trying to think what the club will do and I think Cleary being dominant is it.

He also does more than watch games. He'd be at training every day.

The Roosters have a fairly weak pack so I think we actually match up with them very well

I agree with you just trying to think what the club will do and I think Cleary being dominant is it.

He also does more than watch games. He'd be at training every day.

If we don’t make some changes, we’re mad.

At the very least Maloney needs to be doing more kicking than Cleary.

Our attack is currently a muddle. Having a second half can only be a good thing and both guys are definitely smart enough to make it work

OldPanther

Coach
If we don’t make some changes, we’re mad.

At the very least Maloney needs to be doing more kicking than Cleary.

Yeah. I think a lot will depend on what Cleary and Maloney have to say about it. They seem to be getting a lot of input this year. So Jimmy will probably get some version of what he wants or close to it.

kinghippo

Juniors
One thing I like about this team is we are always in the game, we will win more than we loose over the next seven weeks.
All of those teams will be looking at us as a team they don’t want to play, hopefully we can justify it.
All the games will be tough and I will happily take any win but out of all the games I would love to see a win over the Dragons and Sharks, just because of our performances against them in recent times.

It’s going to take time for Cleary and Maloney to click, they have basically had no time at all together and are both dominant halves.
The positives are that Maloney knows the rest of the team better now, and if they are in nsw together it’s another game of getting to know each other, possibly at nsw expense but that’s not really our problem.

Vicpanther

Juniors
The only game I am thinking we can't win is st George. They are the best team in the league imo.
Cleary is a smart kid and isn't a smart ass know it all like a lot we have had in the past. He looks to be the type to seek knowledge from others Brandi is always there helping him fine tune his game and having down time to watch Maloney will only be a bonus.

I just hope his knee is right to play.

Latest posts