What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brooks

Clifferd

Coach
Just a little appreciation post for this guy

Went from probably one of the worst halves last year to one of the most inform in the comp this year, and if you told me he’d be in origin contention I’d have laughed my ass off

Still needs a bit of tweaking ie 5th tackle options but it has improved immensely & aswell as his defense. Regularly gets his body in front and smashes blokes

It’s amazing what a strong, gritty forward pack does for a young playmaker, or any aged playmaker for that instance

I think a MOTM performance or near against Maloney/Cleary on Thursday would quite possibly push him into the origin spot. We’ll see

Glad we could all eat a slice of humble pie to see this guy play out of his skin

super_coach

First Grade
Just a little appreciation post for this guy

Went from probably one of the worst halves last year to one of the most inform in the comp this year, and if you told me he’d be in origin contention I’d have laughed my ass off

Still needs a bit of tweaking ie 5th tackle options but it has improved immensely & aswell as his defense. Regularly gets his body in front and smashes blokes

It’s amazing what a strong, gritty forward pack does for a young playmaker, or any aged playmaker for that instance

I think a MOTM performance or near against Maloney/Cleary on Thursday would quite possibly push him into the origin spot. We’ll see

Glad we could all eat a slice of humble pie to see this guy play out of his skin

Agreed but hope he dosnt come anywhere near SOO selection..we need him

Tiger05

First Grade
I've always liked him and thought he wasn't that bad without being that good. This season he has been one of the best halves in the comp.

I really hope he doesn't get picked for SOO. I think he needs to play like this for a couple of seasons and then be considered.

Last edited:

Clifferd

Coach
I've always liked him and thought he wasn't that bad without being that good. This season he has been one of the best halves in the comp.

I really hope he doesn't get picked for SOO. I think he needs to play like this for a couple of season and then be considered.

Daley talked him up heaps yesterday, she said if you mentioned Brooks in the origin question at the start of the year he wasn’t even on the same book yet alone page, but said something like if he has 2 more stellar performances leading up to origin you’d almost have to pick him

However I agree, we need him badly

Crazyperpman

Juniors
He has been playing out of his skin. The key thing for me is his running game. I think he gets tackled more than any other half, which shows he is willing to take the line on and also that he has no fear of the contact.

If there is one thing I would like for him to improve on is his short kicking game. He's not alone with this one in our team, but the difference between the good halves and the exceptional ones is they control the game and one way is by constantly earning repeat sets, turning the screws and not gifting seven tackles to the Opposition.

But all in all, most were expecting him to be in reggies rather than the origin conversation at this point of the season. It says a lot about the kid and how much work he would have done in the off season. If he stays on this trajectory he may play origin one day, but still has some work to do and probably knows it himself. Glad he stayed on what looks like unders when looking at what others are being payed to do a lot less.

Tiger05

First Grade
I was thinking about his salary. The thing is I think it makes sense to try and become a quality player and then the money will come rather than just run for the cash.

I can accept leaving if the club doesn't offer you a fair contract but when you get offered a fair contract and leave just because you are a knob I wonder if it's a good idea.

If most of these guys just save money they will do well. I suppose a tonne of them don't.

Clifferd

Coach
Not many people would take pay cuts to do more work, especially at a struggling club. Think it says a lot about the quality of him as a person too

Although to be fair I doubt many clubs were chasing his signature last year lol

hope he dosnt come anywhere near SOO selection
He deserves all that accolades he has received this year but SOO, I think they need, should and must pick someone who has consistently played very well for more than 10 rounds, i.e. a couple of seasons in such an important position.

There are a few No 7's in front of Brooks (excluding the flatmate) and there's even a No 6 who could end up at 7 before Brooks, so I don't think the Tigers will be without him come SOO time.

you’d almost have to pick him
Glad Daley isn't coach again !! But there was a No 7 who use to play for the rorters and he was a player, at club level, who was one of those 'you'd almost have to pick him' :(

BrotherJim05

Bench
Brooks has improved out of sight. I said it many times, he just needed a decent forward pack and an experienced 5/8.

I'm hoping he can improve his 5th tackle options and deep kicking game because then he will be the complete package

Tiger Ted

Bench
Would a Brooks Cleary combo be possible in the future?
I’ve got no doubt that it’s IC’s plan in ‘20 & beyond to have a halves combo of 6- Brooks & 7-NC !

Great to c NC getting familiar with the 8th wonder last Thursday nite watching his future team from the reverential Keith Barnes Stand !

Perth Tiger

Bench
The only problem I see is we would be stuck with Reynolds big contract for another two years (until end of 21)

Latest posts